What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widnes-Cas Match Summary

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Widnes 29 Castleford 18

Attendance: 5274

Highlights: For 3/4 of the match we competed well.

Newlove and Mellor looked decent in the first half, and Mellor would have scored had his try not been pulled back for a forward pass.

Decent support from the Cas fans, really tried to get behind the team.

The majority of the players put in a lot of effort, and with a bit of luck we could have had the two points

Lowlights:
Craig Greenhill. Maybe I'm being harsh, but he is still not pulling his weight. If he'd channelled his energy into making a few yards with the ball, instead of having a go at the linesman, we may have got somewhere.

I could say the referee. I've always said don't criticise unless you can do a better job, but all we fans ask is for consistency. Mellor's 'try' was pulled back for a forward pass (I was sat very near to it, and it was marginally forward), whereas Widnes' try was given when that too looked like a forward pass.

Conceding a try just before half time. The players need to be focussed for the full 80 minutes, and although a 6-2 lead to us (at half time) wouldn't have won us the game, it would have boosted us mentally.

Estimated Cas Fans: 250-300

How were the Cas Fans?
I thought they got behind the team well. Those who turned up today are, IMO, our hardcore supporters and they deserve a lot of credit.

Comedy Moment:
I can't really think of one. I'm sure you'll have your suggestions.

In a Nutshell:
Big improvement on previous weeks, but we've seen this before. For example, when we pushed St Helens all the way and followed that up with a poor performance.
The board have some big decision making as to who the new coach will be, and whoever we get in needs to instill confidence and belief in the players. We also need a set game plan, as we didn't seem to have one yesterday.

Please note these are my views and not those of the supporters club

JasonE

Bench
I think Cas should really consider releasing Greenhill, from what i've heard his heart is still at Hull and if he is on big money and not performing then at his age he won't have any improving in him at all.

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
JasonE said:
I think Cas should really consider releasing Greenhill, from what i've heard his heart is still at Hull and if he is on big money and not performing then at his age he won't have any improving in him at all.

I agree. It's just speculation, but apparently Greenhill is the cancer that Shaun Mcrae talked about last year-The infamous speech where he said something along the lines of ''There is a cancer at the club, and either he leaves or I will leave.''

I'd much rather release him and use the money on someone much more committed.

Rich

Juniors
Hightown Tiger said:
Lowlights:
Craig Greenhill. Maybe I'm being harsh, but he is still not pulling his weight. If he'd channelled his energy into making a few yards with the ball, instead of having a go at the linesman, we may have got somewhere.

I could say the referee. I've always said don't criticise unless you can do a better job

So are you saying you can do a better job than Greenhill?

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Rich said:
Hightown Tiger said:
Lowlights:

I could say the referee. I've always said don't criticise unless you can do a better job

So are you saying you can do a better job than Greenhill?

Probably could :D