What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wigan-Castleford Match Summary

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Quite a short one this week...

Wigan 48 Castleford 18

Attendance: 10000 and something

Highlights:
-Again, I thought we played well in parts. We didn't go to play spoiling tactics, and if we had tackled a bit better we could have been a lot closer.
-See how were the Cas fans

Lowlights:
-Defence (note the spelling. It's not spelt 'defense'-thats the American way). It will need to improve a lot if we are to beat Widnes this Saturday.

Estimated Cas Fans: 300-350

How were the Cas fans? Apart from a few who went over the top a little, I thought we really got behind the team. More of the same against Widnes and it'll lift the players. There aren't many sets of supporters who would get behind the team as much as we do, given the situation we are in.

Comedy Moment: StevieB will probably have one from todays Aybertigers game ;-) , but mine from Friday night would have to be Yorkshire Blue admitting he was wearing white socks. Never admit it, and don't try to pass it off by saying your wearing black socks underneath your white socks. :shock: ;-)

In a nutshell: Judging from Gary Mercer's comments before the game, coupled with key players not playing (e.g. Mellor, Godwin), you got the impression this wasn't a game we were going all out to win.
I think had the aforementioned players played, we could have pushed Wigan much closer.
As it is, the Widnes game is much more vital. To stand a chance of winning, all the players must show as much passion and effort as they did against Huddersfield in the second half.

P.S. There will be no match summary for the Widnes match this Saturday, so the next one will be Wakefield two weeks on Sunday.

Please note these are my views and not those of the supporters club