What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wiki gone

jed

First Grade
from the Fox Sports website http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10086460-23214,00.html

Wiki joins WarriorsJuly 9, 2004

CANBERRA enforcer Ruben Wiki has agreed to join the New Zealand Warriors in a three-year deal.

The Kiwi Test forward told Raiders management today of his decision to join the Warriors from next season.

Raiders team-mate Joel Monaghan, who is being chased by three other NRL clubs - Parramatta, Manly and the Sydney City Roosters - has told Canberra officials he will make a decision on his future by Sunday.

mike83au

Juniors
What a f**ken sad day this is - could get even worse though.

A bloody champion and the backbone of our club for the last few years is now on his way....

Mal Meninga

Bench
:cry: :cry: He'll be sorely missed. Now this means there's a little more to throw at Monas, eiether re-sign him or start looking at trying to re-sign Rhino etc.

But Muss, your efforts are more than appreciated champ, let's try to win 1 for you before you get use to the bottom of the ladder! :p

azza

Juniors
I really can't believe I will have to see him play against the lime green, he is the last player I would have thought I would ever see play against us after 10 years of loyal service. I could have handled if he went to England, but this really burns...

edabomb

First Grade
The apprentice competition is put on hold as a result of this information. Ruben will always be my favourite player, but this is extremely dissapointing. Going to the club I hate :( .

Lynchie

Juniors
:( All the best in the future Ruben ;-) Thanks for the memories and lets make sure you finish the season with a blast by helping us win the Grand Final! :D

StGeorge

Juniors
Yeah its a shame for canberra fans but hopefully you dont lose monnas now but mayb losing wiki next year will cause canberra to fire, lets do it for ruben sort of attitude, like nsw for freddy u kno.

woodgers

Bench
I already knew he was leaving but I read that with a sinking heart. The confirmation was a kick in the guts.

Maybe this will spur the team on like 94'. I hope all Raiders fans treat him like the legend that he is and don't hold any grudges. He deserves nothing but our best as far as I am concerned.

Absolutely gutted.

laurie

Juniors
didnt think this could ever happen !! Ruben GONE ! thanks for the memries MUSS ! Lets send him out a grand final winner

thickos

First Grade
I've been preparing for his departure but as woodgers said, reading that article really, really hurt. The realisation that Ruben will not be pulling on the lime green after this year is a bitter pill to swallow.

An absolute legend and one of the finest men you will ever meet. He deserves another premiership to leave with. :clap:

peter_raiders

Juniors
We cannot hold grudges against Ruben. He has done this in the best interest of his and his family's future. This os the saddest day in Raiders history for me. I could take daley retiring, furner and mullins goin to england, but the one and only BIG MUSS goin to the warriors is absolutely heartbreaking.
Let's not do a finch on him wen he plays against us. Cheer him on like hes still one of our own. Until the game starts that is.

Cya Rubes. You will be missed greatly..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Its sad to see you go Rubes
you've been a great clubman for the raiders and will always be a raider at heart and the hearts off all league fans... You'll be sorely missed and i hope one day you can come back and join the raiders in an off-feild role

but i cant help but hope you'll be on a suspension when the warriors play us, i wouldnt be able to bring myself to not cheer you... your a champion mate

this is a sad day for raiders fans :cry: :cry:

Lynchie

Juniors
I call for a full house at our last home game vs Souths.
As No.1 said tributes galore for the great Ruben Wiki!