What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

will 91.3 cover the all stars game,and will they cover an warl game live?

j5o6hn

Juniors
Whats the chances of 91.3FM now they are a 24 hr sport station covering the All Stars Game NRL game and also covering a live 1st grade match this year.
Any comments

Nuke

Staff member
I'd say we're much more likely to get a broadcast of the All Stars match than we are of getting a WARL match broadcast.

That being said, it was only as recently as about 6-7 years ago that the WARL match of the day was broadcast on the radio (I forget which station it was now). I remember playing a game (ressies) in Freo, but not being able to stay to watch the First-Grade game for some reason (taking someone to the airport perhaps?), so I drove away listening to the Joondalup-Freo game instead of watching it. It was pretty cool for a minute there at the start before I pulled out of the carpark: I was watching the game from my car and listening to it at the same time on the radio. For a WARL game (and not NRL or cricket, ect), this was pretty amazing!

albert

Juniors
Just rang 93.1 spoke to Jason and he told me that they will NOT be doing the All star game on the 13th.

Also told me that because they are community station they might be only be only doing Friday night NRL games,reason is because 2GB is a commercial radio station they have to be carefull as to which adds 2GB air.So there is no conflict with there sponsors.Maybe this will change down the track lets hope so.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Well if they are worried about advertising take the ABC feed,I dont like 2gb at all but thats by the by