What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will CM Punk ever return to wrestlng?

afinalsin666

First Grade
f**k i hope so. Give him the main event of mania like he god damn deserves.

But, i don't expect him coming back any time soon, if at all. He's a stubborn motherf**ker.

DB

First Grade
I would love Paul Heyman's Plan 'C' to be Punk.... Think about it. Reigns has performed a Superman punch on both Cena and Kane, they roll out of the ring. He is in the corner ready to spear Randy Orton, and Paul Heyman walks out. "My name is Paul Heyman, and this is the authorities and my Plan C." Cult of Personalty hits, and out comes Punk, GTS to Reigns.

DB

First Grade
I would mark the f**k out, but will probably not happen though.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I think he'll be back. AJ Lee returns, so IMO he'll be back. WWE like to keep these things secret. Once his contract runs out after SummerSlam, the negotiations will begin.

afinalsin666

First Grade
So? 99% of the locker room would love to be in Damien Sandow's position, let alone CM Punk. Fact is he was treated as second class behind Cena and Rock, when he was the best thing in the business. The Rock main eventing and he's not made him sick, remember? Worse, we were treated to two sub par matches between them two when Punk Cena would have tore the place down.

Anything less than main eventing Wrestlemania for him is bullshit, regardless of what the lesserthans think or would kill to do.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
So? 99% of the locker room would love to be in Damien Sandow's position, let alone CM Punk. Fact is he was treated as second class behind Cena and Rock, when he was the best thing in the business. The Rock main eventing and he's not made him sick, remember? Worse, we were treated to two sub par matches between them two when Punk Cena would have tore the place down.

Anything less than main eventing Wrestlemania for him is bullshit, regardless of what the lesserthans think or would kill to do.

Right, so CM Punk should main event all Wrestlemanias for the rest of his career because he feels he has earned the right?

He spat the dummy because he didn't get his way despite being one of the most pushed stars of the last decade. He lasted the longest in the RR and was slated to have a high profile match against HHH at WM in lieu of not main eventing.

He threw his toys out of the cot and went home. He can say he doesnt need wrestling all he wants and that he stuck it to the man and blah blah but he will be back, they can't help themselves.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Right, so CM Punk should main event all Wrestlemanias for the rest of his career because he feels he has earned the right?

He spat the dummy because he didn't get his way despite being one of the most pushed stars of the last decade. He lasted the longest in the RR and was slated to have a high profile match against HHH at WM in lieu of not main eventing.

He threw his toys out of the cot and went home. He can say he doesnt need wrestling all he wants and that he stuck it to the man and blah blah but he will be back, they can't help themselves.
Exactly. He's been given a very generous push, a push that anyone in the locker room would do anything for, but he still wants more. He's dreaming.

Bulldog Force

Referee
His contract has already expired
Really? I heard it was up at SummerSlam. I still think that the WWE might be covering up for him like when Jericho left and denied reporting. If he does return, it will be huge. It's one of those situations that you can sit on the fence, you can understand that WWE is covering up his return, yet you can see him as actually leaving the company. One thing I do know is that wikipedia stated about 2 months ago that he's a retired wrestler, but has since changed that (granted it's not the best for sources).

WellsNZ

Juniors
Exactly. He's been given a very generous push, a push that anyone in the locker room would do anything for, but he still wants more. He's dreaming.

What is there to suggest it's about Punk wanting more?

By most accounts Punk got burned out, had felt burned out for a year at least and said f**k it I'm done.

Punk has always said he will retire early and that he didn't want to be hanging around for years and years like some people.

If it was a case of Punk wanting more, I'm pretty sure he would have already received it.

I'd be less surprised if he showed up in ROH making significantly less but not needing to deal with the WWE schedule and bullshit.