What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Gowie get the nod?

*Sandy*

First Grade
I know I'm biast but they had him for Game 1. He did all the training. He's good for it in my eyes.
Do you think the bye will hurt his chances?

cainen

Juniors
I reckon Gower will so long as he puts in a decent performance against the Tigepies.

Big Mick

Referee
to be honest...i know this sounds selfish...but I don't want him there. I want him playing for us. We need him at the moment.

But I can see them going Hornby five-eight, Kimmorley halfback

Big Artie

Juniors
does gowie get another game in prior to selection, becos he wasnt right last game so he isnt up to it fitness wise, Ive got no idea who they will pick but it want be orford. Probably Kimmorley but I tell u it doesnt matter who they stick in there if a couple of those pigs dont have a go, the Qld forwards blasted us away, the the house a go

Caged Panther

First Grade
they won't pick a origin debutant to play half in a decider. It will be gower or kimmorely. And I'm with Big Mick I'd rather he play for us.

Kilkenny

Coach
Notwithstanding Finch and Anasta are overated IMO the NSW selectors should show faith with the side who started game 2 based on what happened in game 1.

While I don't particularly rate either player they should be given the opporutnity to finish the job they started. Win or lose.

While unlikely, we need Gower on deck to have any chance to find the sort of form to make a charge for the semi's.

Fibroman

First Grade
IMO Gower is the next best half back in the competition after Johns. Be that as it may, the selectors seem to fely on rafferty's rules when it comes to selecting players for origin.

Kimmorley goes well at club level, as does Orford when in form. But are they in SOO class? I don't think so Tim.

Gower should be there. No question. But I personally feel they will go with kimmorley on current club form and the fact that Gowie is coming back from injury and may not be 100 % fit.

I agree with ARtie, in that, it doesn't matter who gets selected at 1/2 and 5/8 if the pigs don't pump their little hearts up and have a go.

cainen

Juniors
Fibroman said:
Gower should be there. No question. But I personally feel they will go with kimmorley on current club form and the fact that Gowie is coming back from injury and may not be 100 % fit.

I think the selectors will still have Kimmorley's performance last year in mind and if Gower plays well this week, he will get the nod (no pun intended).

choc_soldier

Coach
Finch being selected at hooker for the Chooks must surely mean that he will not play game 3. Not that he should be even considered, given that lower than sub par performance he put in at Brisbane.

If Gower gets through against the Tigers, he should be picked. Kimmorley appears to have been stamped "never to play again" in the selectors black book, but Orford may be a dark horse - he's doing all right for Manly this year.

Kilkenny

Coach
Craig Gower is clearly the best option for the NSW selectors is he is free of injury and in form.

Personally I dont care about the Blues. The Panthers mean more to me than SOO.

Pick Kimmorley, Head, Finch or that money hungry parasite from Manly I dont particularly care. Just dont pick Gowie. We need him to have any chance to make the eight.

Latest posts