What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Kalyn Ponga surpass Billy Slater as the greatest fullback ever?

Will Kalyn Ponga surpass Billy Slater as the greatest fullback ever?

• Total voters

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
I use the Todd carney test with off field incidents as he got rubbed out of the game for the bubbler as the barometer.

is the incident perceived to be worse in public eye or by the law .

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I just want to note my appreciation for the performance of the jaded looking bar staffer with his deadpan "Oh, what a surprise" as he ushered the two young gents out of the toilet cubicle. Bravo, sir! That was better commentary than anything I have heard on Channel 9 all year.

Floodwaters

Juniors
Hayne may be a scumbag, but he won 2 Dally Ms, led parra to a grand final and had a (mostly) incredible origin career.
Ponga dials it in for Newcastle and has had a couple of good games for the maroons, mostly when nsw self-destructed

As I said flashy highlights packages. Parramatta missed the finals 8/11 times including 3 wooden spoons while Hayne was there.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Kalyn Ponga reminds me of Luke Brooks. Brooks was compared to Joey, Ponga compared to Slater. And both have just kind of drifted into being players capable of sometimes playing great games but who are not even in the top tier of players when once they were touted as generational talents.

big hit!

Bench
This thread has aged extremely badly. Too even mention Ponga in the same breath as Slater - the OP should be hanged, drawn and quartered.