What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Kennedy : Porter-Gallen medallist for 2021

Bob Scott

Juniors
A standout for us this year , i didn't pick the improvement from last year so if he can continue that progression over the next 2 seasons we will have a very good player on our hands . Once he realizes how good he is .

Weaponhead

Coach
A standout for us this year , i didn't pick the improvement from last year so if he can continue that progression over the next 2 seasons we will have a very good player on our hands . Once he realizes how good he is .
The mindset has been key for his development. Last year, he was really unsure of himself and it showed with errors and lack of confidence in contact. This year he believes he belongs and can excel at this level.

Well played Bubba jnr. And well bloody deserved. Gotta admit, I didn't think he had it in him. Same for Katoa the season previous. Gives us hope that some of these other (so far) nuffies might make a similar U-turn.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Far and away the best player for us this year. Well deserved. He’ll be a beast next season behind a better forward pack.

Inferno

Coach
Worthy winner and tremendous improvement in this year. Hope it gives him a lot of confidence for next year and having his future secured should hopefully help.

Shark67

Juniors
Most improved player in the sharks squad. Has definitely changed peoples opinions this year. Will only get better and stronger. He’ll be running off Hynes next year, as will the other players.

bluefox68

Staff member
Yes
Save your money mate. No way they go beyond a ponga, turbo type usual suspect

Yep - it takes years to develop the type of goodwill that earns a supposedly OBJECTIVE award…

Two words - Ruan Sims…

😂

Chimp

Juniors
Yes

Yep - it takes years to develop the type of goodwill that earns a supposedly OBJECTIVE award…

Two words - Ruan Sims…

😂
Oh don’t get me wrong, I highly doubt he’d get it, but I like a silly long odds bet. And the way I see it, we’re going to be a much better team next year, which should give Kennedy even more opportunity, and if we’re in control of more games next year, I think he’ll be one of our best week in, week out again. If we can be something like top 4 challengers, he’ll be having a field day.

snout

First Grade
I am happy to be so wrong about Kennedy.
Last year he was poor in defence. Little to no impact. And just below the weight.

Whatever happened in the off, he found game.
Big time.

What he has is not coached. It's pure football.
The hands are gold.
And his instinct for the right play.....after less than 2 seasons if he continues on this trajectory he can be elite.
What great timing for him to have some professionalism come to the joint.

Last edited:

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I am happy to be so wrong about Kennedy.
Last year he was poor in defence. Little to no impact. And just below the weight.

Whatever happened in the off, he found game.
Big time.

What he has is not coached. It's pure football.
The hands are gold.
And his instinct for the right play.....after less than 2 seasons if he continues on this trajectory he can be elite.
What great timing for him to have some professionalism come to the joint.
I can’t wait to see Nicho and WK plying their trade in the same team. To have two gifted instinctive footballers in the same side will be exciting to watch. Will take the pressure off Tricky to be the creator too.

R-15-3

Juniors
Massive improvement that I didn’t think was possible well deserved. All credit to him.

His defence is still bad very bad IMO out of position 90% time, always 1 second away from where he needed to be.

Is that due to everyone else in the team being shit and those failures in front of him causing him to be out of position? Poor coaching? Still only young and learning? Definitely didn’t help him just needs to work on that part of his game a lot.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Massive improvement that I didn’t think was possible well deserved. All credit to him.

His defence is still bad very bad IMO out of position 90% time, always 1 second away from where he needed to be.

Is that due to everyone else in the team being shit and those failures in front of him causing him to be out of position? Poor coaching? Still only young and learning? Definitely didn’t help him just needs to work on that part of his game a lot.
Bit harsh I reckon mate…. His positioning this year was a massive improvement on last year. Not perfect but quite good imo.

Tiger Shark

Bench

yeah I don't see his defence being that bad, not sure what you're seeing.

It obviously can improve and probably his biggest improvement area but it's only his second season of footy but saying it very bad is an odd one.

Latest posts