What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Leichhardt Oval sell out this Friday?

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
Friday night football is coming to Leichhardt Oval as the Wests Tigers take on Manly. Many people are predicting a sell out.
In guessing what the crowd will be, there are a few factors to consider:

1 - 3 games a year at Leichhardt ensures big crowds turn out
2 - Manly at Leichhardt traditionally brings out a big crowd. 3 or 4 thousand Manly fans should come to the ground
3 - its a Friday nighter at Leichhardt... that will attract people
4 - the games on TV so will people sit at home?
5 - Wests Tigers drew 17,500 at Leichhardt against Melbourne Storm in round 13
6 - Tigers winning will draw people, but beating the dragons will draw more!

I personally think that the ground will have its record smashed as 20,000 to 21,000 people cram in there. The record is 19,500 (with still some room for more)

But the main factor which will determine if 14,000 show or 21,000 show will be one thing:

RAIN

So what do people think? Will Leichhardt sell out?

Crippler

Juniors
thats why i wil buy my tickets tommorrow

very good chance of seell out if it stays dry for several days upto friday

Alan Shore

First Grade
Go Tigers, and upgrade Leichardt! I bloody love that ground, if I ever had to support another team I'd support Wests just because they play at Leichardt.

Cullus the ground record is 23 500 for an Amco cup game between Souths and Cronulla.
The record for a Balmain game is a bit over 23 000 as well.
The record for a Wests Tigers game is 19400 and that was set last year.

I don't know how much the capacity is reduced by taking out the two condemned stands but I don't think they would allow more than 21-22 thousand in for reasons of public safety.

Crippler

Juniors
the ground record of 19500 against souths last year should break for sure this friday if it is a fine night

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
croydon Dog food said:
Cullus the ground record is 23 500 for an Amco cup game between Souths and Cronulla.
The record for a Balmain game is a bit over 23 000 as well.
The record for a Wests Tigers game is 19400 and that was set last year.

I don't know how much the capacity is reduced by taking out the two condemned stands but I don't think they would allow more than 21-22 thousand in for reasons of public safety.

yeah i was aware that it got 23,000 back in the day, but since then the Mary St stands have been closed and public safety stuff has seen the capacity reduced.

Id say it could hold 20-21,000 at most...maybe 21,500... id love to be proven wrong!

the weather report is for rain for the rest of the week, but its clearing on the weekend and we all know that if rain is predicted it wont fall! lol! this is the only time i WANT it to not rain

The forecast is for thunderstorms all week and continued rain on Friday before it clears up on Saturday.
If the weather has eased by Friday night I still estimate a crowd of between 17-20 thousand.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
what a ground it is 21 watch footy
oh the memories
wayne pearces last game , luke covells match winning hattrick vs parra last year , balmains inspirational last game win at leichardt over parra in the wet and who could forget the illawarra steelers snatching victory after the sideline in round 14 1993 to win 18-13.

yes it will be a sellout

Latest posts