What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Melbourne go back to back?

Can Melbourne go back to back?

• Total voters

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
They look more likely than any other team in recent years.

It took them a while to get over Coopercronk but with a very decent forward pack, a top notch spine and the best coach in the business they look ripe to do what no one has done since 92/93.

I say yes.

Billythekid

First Grade
The answer is obviously yes. If you can make the top 4 you're a good chance of winning the comp. There is a reason so few teams have done it though. Even in years where you're obviously the best team it's still ridiculously hard to win and so many things need to go your way. Having that happen twice in a row is damn near impossible.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The answer is obviously yes. If you can make the top 4 you're a good chance of winning the comp. There is a reason so few teams have done it though. Even in years where you're obviously the best team it's still ridiculously hard to win and so many things need to go your way. Having that happen twice in a row is damn near impossible.

Thread title changed to 'will'

The_Shield

Juniors
I think the Storm have a great chance as anyone to win this year, but it’s no certainty like last year was. I don’t think the Storm have played there best footy yet tho and maybe perhaps the Dragons and Rabbitohs peaked too early.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Probably not, their motivation last season was off the chart. I can see a disciplined team knocking them out of the finals. But I hope they do!

Wizardman

First Grade
They definitely can. They have not been as good as the previous two years, yet are still top four. I think their best footy is in front of them.

Dave_

Juniors
They will, due in part to the rest of the "top teams" peaking far too early and generally being below par compared to previous years.

Roosters, Panthers, Dragons, Warriors and Souths can all turn in some absolutely terrible performances but the Storm just turn up and win without getting out of second gear.

Bloke

Juniors
They can if they can settle on a half to partner Munster. Not sold on Croft, he shows patches but I reckon he could be another young Brooks, Jacks is serviceable and Hughes is a fullback in my opinion. They haven’t clicked and they’re sitting on top after nineteen rounds. There is definitely room for improvement.