What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will NZ clean up in the medal tally,,, again ?

wittyfan said:
A quick recap of the medal tally:

Australia: 54 Gold Medals, Population 20 million: 37,037 people per Gold.
NZ 2 Gold Medals, Population 4 million: 2 million people per Gold.

can u go back and re read the first few pages of this thread, u find something out.

ozbash got something wrong he was thinking of the olympics not the b -commenwealth games.

from an earlier post
lets look at the medals per capita:

from the Australian Bureau of Statistics:
The ABS said the traditional measure of medals as a 'raw score' did not take into account the population of the competing country, a possible factor in the ability of nations to field medal winning athletes. When this was considered, it presented a different picture to the traditional measure

can't find any for the latest two olympics included but here is a list of medals per capita since 1948 to 1998 (summer and winter)
source http://users.skynet.be/hermandw/olymp/reloly98.html

new zealand = 10th
aussie = 16th

if we took out the winter olympics we both would go up the ratings.

Iafeta

Referee
gunnamatta bay said:
What don't you understand about the term New Zealand Warriors dougie? Or NZ Breakers? New Zeland in front of your title means you represent NZ. Why are you in denial?

Fact is the nz team is not much smaller then the oz team.

BTW using ozbashs forumula the Isle of Mann is slaughtering NZ with one gold and a bronze.

Gunnamatta, what part of "Vodafone Warriors" do you not get?

They are not the New Zealand Warriors, it was a marketing gimmick. They are the Warriors, thats it. Nothing more, nothing less. Its a club, not a representative team.

Iafeta

Referee
Yeah you're right, I shouldn't take it so personally as to compare my beloved nation to your logics... thats going too far. I should be disbarred from reentering paradise AKA NZ.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Iafeta said:
Yeah you're right, I shouldn't take it so personally as to compare my beloved nation to your logics... thats going too far. I should be disbarred from reentering paradise AKA NZ.

My logic is my logic, yours is yours! We will leave it at that mate!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm even a bit surprised at the lack of gold medal from the kiwis

I expecetd they'd be giving us heaps

its only just past half way, so maybe they are saving it up till the last few days,

looks like the tallblacks could be playing the boomers in the basketball gold medal game

Australia should invade i mean takeover New Zealand as it's close to closing down with so many people leaving.

Australia could turn New Zealand into one large Tourist resort too as well the farming/live stock and agricultural Bread basket etc for Australia similiar to what Ukraine was for the Soviet Union.

It's only a matter of time before New Zealand is intergrated into Australia

marshall stalin said:
Australia should invade i mean takeover New Zealand as it's close to closing down with so many people leaving.

Australia could turn New Zealand into one large Tourist resort too as well the farming/live stock and agricultural Bread basket etc for Australia similiar to what Ukraine was for the Soviet Union.

yeah thats why our population in new zealand is increasing.

ozbash

Referee
marshall stalin said:

often a true word spoken in jest.
was just reasding an agricultural newspaper (as us breadbasket suppliers do on a quiet day) and there is a huge push to combine currencys, governments and law between oz and nz.
this push isbeing led by both govts with our deputy leader right behind it.

only a matter of time i guess.

dont know if we,d become a state or you lot would become the west island.