What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Qld win 5 series in a row???

Engine

Juniors
Will QLD win five series in a row? After that City v Country trial, we'll sure as hell win four.
For so many NSW spots up for grabs, the game lacked origin intensity in defence. Quite a few tries were scored due to lack of desperation.
Those flashy tries would not be able to be scored in an origin environment.

NSW has absolutely nothing that worries me. Jennings is perhaps the only guy I'd possibly fear.

Vicious

Bench
Will QLD win five series in a row? After that City v Country trial, we'll sure as hell win four.
For so many NSW spots up for grabs, the game lacked origin intensity in defence. Quite a few tries were scored due to lack of desperation.

NSW has absolutely nothing that worries me. Jennings is perhaps the only guy I'd possibly fear.

Are you serious ??? That City Vs Country game was far superior to anything in the Australia Vs New Zealand test. The Robbie Farah/Peter Wallace combination will mesmerize Qld, Michael Jennings will shortly surpass Hodges and Inglis as the best centre in the game and a fit and healthy Luke O`Donnell will ensure the NSW dominate the Qld forwards.

Engine

Juniors
Lol, take your dick out of your mouth. That QLD backline will ravage yours like a hurricane!!!

miccle

Bench
F*ck no. Sorry to say we won't win four.

Wallace and Farah are going to tear us a new a*sehole this year, and we won't benefit from the old dinosaurs being picked in the forwards.

Shorty

Staff member
We have the talent and ability to win four in a row but I don't see it happening to be honest.

SOULS 04

Juniors
it will be four although i hope its a good series... Qlders basically made the australian team up and will be very tough no matter what nsw throw at them. Five is another story... alot of nsw blokes starting to peak and next year will be one of the best series ever i think.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
You would think that after the many years of Origin that have been played, people would stop getting so cocky, as it always comes back to bite them on the arse

Just 3 years ago Origin was apparently dieing because NSW was winning every year, and have not won since

kickback

Juniors
You would think that after the many years of Origin that have been played, people would stop getting so cocky, as it always comes back to bite them on the arse

Just 3 years ago Origin was apparently dieing because NSW was winning every year, and have not won since

which sydney papper were you reading>> ""Origin dieing"" i'm sure you never been to queensland that time of year chumpet

Dazzat

First Grade
Totally agree with Miccle. Queensland's biggest advantage in the past three series was Danny Buderus combined with rookie halfbacks.

Danny Buderus' non-kicking put considerable pressure on the rookie halfbacks. This year Farah and Wallace will be very dangerous. Queensland will still win though.

lockyrulz

Juniors
It's a hard one to call this year, I think QLD will just sneak over the line, but NSW will win comfortably the following year.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Lol, take your dick out of your mouth. That QLD backline will ravage yours like a hurricane!!!

You use words like "ravage" and you have the hide to say someone else likes dicks in their mouth :lol:

The 09 series hasnt even started yet and you're carrying on about 5 in a row. Talk about counting your chickens before thay are hatched. Qld will come up against a very competitive side this year if the NSW selectors are fair dinkum but please keep writing them off though as it will make you look like an even bigerr fool than you already are when your arrogance comes back to bit you

perverse

Referee
QLD narrowly won last year with a dud NSW team in opposition. they will be pushed to the absolute maximum if they win it this year to win a 4th. i very strongly doubt they will bag 5... lol.

hellteam

First Grade
This is ridiculous I've never seen such cockyness from QLD.

For f*cks sake leave the cockyness to NSWelshmen, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we lost this year, its just what happens in Origin.

Charlie124

First Grade
I think QLD will win but id be very surprised if it was easy, Origin is very very rarely a walkover so i can see this series being no different.

I remember when the Maroons named guys like Mogg and Lillyman in 2006, everyone thought we'd blow them off the park and win 4 in a row. We played awful, they lifted, the rest is history.

Charlie124

First Grade
^^ Exactly right, if we turn up and just expect to win because we've got a much stronger team on paper, we will get smashed.

NSW have everything to play for, they dont want to be the first team ever to lose four series in a row and i expect a high level of desparation from them, pair that with them picking a mostly new team and anything can happen.

Hanscholo

Bench

Your in for a major shock then because NSW will carve QLD up. i have no doubt about that at all. Your forwards are leaky and Bellamy knows it.

Knightmare

Coach
I was at a sports store in Brisbane on the weekend and they are selling Qld Origin shirts with the image of a wreath on the front and the years 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 with 'History in the Making' on the back. I really, really hope Bellamy gets a hold of some of those shirts and shows them to the boys before every game. Apparently all the Maroons have to do it show up and they will win the series?

Joker's Wild

Coach
I was at a sports store in Brisbane on the weekend and they are selling Qld Origin shirts with the image of a wreath on the front and the years 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 with 'History in the Making' on the back. I really, really hope Bellamy gets a hold of some of those shirts and shows them to the boys before every game. Apparently all the Maroons have to do it show up and they will win the series?

You are kidding?! :lol: That is dead set disgraceful.

Any Qlder who accuses NSWelshmen of being arrogant has just lost all credibility right there.