What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the kiwis get the respect they deserve?

wests1

Juniors
I've always thought that the achievments of the kiwis over the last 10 years have been ignored or written off as weakened Australian teams and other nonsense. After today will people finally give this team respect? In my opinion they have class all over the park and regularly play all over Australia.

Ph1l

Juniors
I shudder to think how good they'll be when they replace Nightingale. Could his hit-ups be any less threatening.

tumbidragon

First Grade
I shudder to think how good they'll be when they replace Nightingale. Could his hit-ups be any less threatening.

That bloke that set up a try and made a 40m line break when the roo's pitched a tent in the kiwis 20. As an Australian, I sure hope they overlook Nightingale to..

The Pa Kid

Juniors
The best props in the NRL are all non-Australians. That’s what this weekend has highlighted. The Samoan, Tongan and Kiwi props are streets ahead of anything Australia can find. The old adage applied today, the game is won up front first.

Charlie124

First Grade
The best props in the NRL are all non-Australians. That?s what this weekend has highlighted. The Samoan, Tongan and Kiwi props are streets ahead of anything Australia can find. The old adage applied today, the game is won up front first.

Lol this guy.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Full credit, they deserved their win (as I choke on my vomit).

The Australian team performance was disappointing and if GI is a future immortal (bullshit award, anyway) than I'm likely to be named one too.

The Kiwis played very well but for some reason the Roos were off their game. The Kiwis blew them away in the first half with their attack and then shut them down in the second half. Unbelievable how one sided the game was. Perhaps some of the Aussies are getting a bit too old to be playing at this level and need to bring in some new blood. The depleted 4 nations team from last year performed better.

some11

Referee
Full credit, they deserved their win (as I choke on my vomit).

The Australian team performance was disappointing and if GI is a future immortal (bullshit award, anyway) than I'm likely to be named one too.

How good did the coach go preparing them?

Starting to rack up some nice losses aye.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
We've had classy players playing in the Kiwis jumper for a pretty long time, but this current side has the best workrate I've seen of any NZRL side. It's taken generations, but we're fielding an entire team of hardened professionals at the moment. I don't think you could knock the commitment of any one of our players tonight.

RedVee

First Grade
Great performance from the Kiwis. The game has changed, they are the no 1 team at present.

Scubby

Juniors
Niether have the aussies...whooped in the 4nations with the "next gen" and whooped with the geriatrics...now what?

This is the thing. People were calling the 4N team a second string Aussie side. This was a full strength Origin combined team.

The aura of Australia was worth 6-8 points a game for them. That has gone. If you look back at some of the WC threads on here in 2013 we were saying this was on the cards. There is very little behind this "dads army" certainly no emerging spine to put any fear into England or NZ.