What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Victorian ever produce a player good enough to play for Australia?

King hit

Coach
There's a kettle calling a pot. When it comes to bad news story Sharks are in a league of their own!

Biggest drug scandal in RL history
Salary Cap cheats
CEO sacked after bashing a female staff member
Chairman resigns over drugs
Coach de-registered by NRL
Latu, Barba, Carney, Fifitas disgrace game
Financial crisis after financial crisis
yet another CEO resigns this month after only a few months in the job (second in less than 12 months)

Your club are just a constant bad headline for the game.
I don’t even go for them dickhead. I’m just pointing out your hypocrisy for attacking other clubs when the Storm have the worst record and are hated by many for good reasons

You’ve got no credibility to attack other teams

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
On paper it looks like the NRL spends loads on grassroots but in reality a very large chunk of it goes to the top tier of grass roots only. There needs to be a massive investment in a national schools program, with Grant caving in to the clubs demands for $13million annual payment it took a big chunk out of the grass roots funding commitment sadly.

So in the space of a page you have gone from saying I have no idea to pretty much agreeing with me lol You're welcome?

AJB1102

First Grade
Anyone else wondering which individual Victorian the OP is talking about in the thread title?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don’t even go for them dickhead. I’m just pointing out your hypocrisy for attacking other clubs when the Storm have the worst record and are hated by many for good reasons

You’ve got no credibility to attack other teams

what hypocrisy? Storm cheated, got caught, got,stripped. Cronulla cheated, but had a gap year when they won the comp? Yeh right lol.

AJB1102

First Grade
what hypocrisy? Storm cheated, got caught, got,stripped. Cronulla cheated, but had a gap year when they won the comp? Yeh right lol.

Only 3 GFs have been scrutinised and ruled on by the League as either legitimate or illegitimate;

Storm 2007 - illegitimate.
Storm 2009 - illegitimate.
Sharks 2016 - legitimate.

Blow it out your arse then suffer in your jocks, old boy.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Not born and trained until the nrl gets serious about investing in grass roots and schools program in the State. It’s a simple numbers game, get five thousand kids playing the game, take the top 100 into an elite program, 20 of them will make nrl first grade, 1 or 2 of them will become a kangaroo,

there’s been 7 players born or developed in Victoria to make rep teams
Timana Tahu is from victoria and represented Australia so to answer the original post, yes.
There is no way 5000 Vic kids are going to prefer RL to AFL. There is not one junior RL club within 15km of AAMI Park. Playing RL is not even an option for half of Melbourne. There is at least one Auskick centre in each suburb but the 100 suburbs closest to the city, not one place to play RL. I wanted my son to try RL (he is the right shape), but logistically, it was just never going to be possible. I think even Cam Smiths kids play AFL, not RL. It would require many $millions and 20 years to build the grassroots properly here. Not sure what they are, but the NRL obviously has other priorities.

blue bags

First Grade
Vic players are aligned to NSW I thought.
where , how,///////////////////// i read and was told , vics cant play origin, maybe only through loopholes in the origin eligible rules, but very hard and tricky now , , i ask, how can a vic play for kangaroos , when they dont play origin //// this could become an issue in the future , and where and how , you think vics are aligned to NSW , very interesting concepts , there was 2 vic juniors playing for storm junior feeder clubs, and this is where it get grey and murkier , cause the alot of the storms feeder clubs are in QLD ..

perth juniors

ACT is alligned to NSW

Perth Red

Post Whore
As a perth player would likely play sg ball with the Pirates they would be eligible for nsw I think?

mongoose

Coach
There is no way 5000 Vic kids are going to prefer RL to AFL. There is not one junior RL club within 15km of AAMI Park. Playing RL is not even an option for half of Melbourne. There is at least one Auskick centre in each suburb but the 100 suburbs closest to the city, not one place to play RL. I wanted my son to try RL (he is the right shape), but logistically, it was just never going to be possible. I think even Cam Smiths kids play AFL, not RL. It would require many $millions and 20 years to build the grassroots properly here. Not sure what they are, but the NRL obviously has other priorities.

it says it all really and its why there will be no team in Perth. The NRL wants all its players to be from NSW, QLD, NZ and the pacific.

Latest posts