What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Warriors make the top 8

If we win the last 4 games which are all very winnable we will make the top 8
Deep down do you think we will? I think anything is possible but this team is also relying on other team results. We aren't quite there yet. Coming back to NZ will help our club more. Top 8 = 2022

Rich102

Staff member
I can't see us playing at home next year unless there is a dramatic turnaround.

Benek

Juniors
Yeah, as amazing as it is, how are we going to have a normal home season next year? I can't see it happening. The best thing we can hope for is some kind of month-long tour where they travel over for 3-4 consecutive games.

Rugby union teams are getting exceptions to travel here. The NRL needs to get in on that action.

nswarrior

Juniors
Deep down do you think we will? I think anything is possible but this team is also relying on other team results. We aren't quite there yet. Coming back to NZ will help our club more. Top 8 = 2022
Deep down of course I know it won’t happen but that glimmer of hope makes all the games more interesting to watch.

I will be cheering Storm to smash Raiders tomorrow night

Top 4 next year for sure -SJ is coming home wiser and will lead us back to the Grand final

If we win the last 4 games which are all very winnable we will make the top 8
Need to rely on other teams to much.
Example; If Storm wrap up minor premiership, they will rest players in rnd 25, which might allow Sharks to win it.

But will still play with NRL predictor for fun till we lose a game.

Rich102

Staff member
Deep down of course I know it won’t happen but that glimmer of hope makes all the games more interesting to watch.

I will be cheering Storm to smash Raiders tomorrow night

Top 4 next year for sure -SJ is coming home wiser and will lead us back to the Grand final
Whatever you're on, I want some.

JJ

Immortal
Almost certainly not, but in all seriousness on what planet is finishing 8th in this comp cause for celebration.... I know it's be sold as some sort of heroic achievement, but it's consistently a shit team that loses more than they win and has a negative points differential...

waipiro

Juniors
The 4 games we have are all pretty winnable.....and as far as relying on other results most of the teams in and around us have a few hard games they are unlikely to win any way...i reckon they scrape into the 8

Last edited:
Almost certainly not, but in all seriousness on what planet is finishing 8th in this comp cause for celebration.... I know it's be sold as some sort of heroic achievement, but it's consistently a shit team that loses more than they win and has a negative points differential...
Finishing 8th for this particular squad would be a monstrous effort and win hearts over including me. What this team has endured recently to make the finals could be written about for years. However reality is you are right in normal circumstances finishing 8th and losing more than you win isn't something to be proud of.

Blair

Coach
We all might get excited in a couple of weeks time. We'll have a clearer picture about our chances then.

nswarrior

Juniors
Whatever you're on, I want some.
Locked down in Sydney for 7 weeks - the highlight has been Warriors winning 2 games in a row.

Dream - what have you gut to lose apart from some bitter disappointment which the team gives in spades anyway

SmashEmBro

Juniors
I dunno, for me I see us winning all 4, at worst I see us winning 3 out of the 4.

Like I said in the NRL predictor forums, there has to be big upsets for us to win all 4 and us to not make the 8.
I think we’ve got it

I dunno, for me I see us winning all 4, at worst I see us winning 3 out of the 4.

Like I said in the NRL predictor forums, there has to be big upsets for us to win all 4 and us to not make the 8.
I think we’ve got it
Pretty sure we drop 1 game and we can't make it, even mathmatically.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Finishing 8th for this particular squad would be a monstrous effort and win hearts over including me. What this team has endured recently to make the finals could be written about for years. However reality is you are right in normal circumstances finishing 8th and losing more than you win isn't something to be proud of.
I agree.

Leber

Bench
It would have been interesting if we had Shaun this year.

We would have iced the dragons game, First Manly game and first Knights game.

If only.

Brookywarrior

Juniors
Im pretty pissed off that the raiders can loan two forwards that are better than the bulldogs players that were suspended, and potentially knock us out of the finals this week, helping them potentially make the 8