What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will We Keep our Youngsters ???

Vinnie

Juniors
My Biggest fear is that we will start losing the likes of Lomax, Field, Dufty Robson etc etc to go with the ones we have already lost.
They are not getting starts and encouragement so how can they stay ?? Why would they stay.??
It's all very well if we have top notch stars keeping our youngsters out then we cant complain but: .....

Aitken over Lomax ?? Really ??
Latimore over any young forward ???
Widdop who is leaving anyway over Dufty or Field at Fullback ??

Why would these kids stay ??? Let me guess when Widdop leaves will we overlook Field or Dufty or any other youngster and look to sign lets say Hayne ??? Cause we almost did last year

Id love to hear everyones thoughts

possm

Coach
mcidiot will see that our youngsters will go

We've signed Dufty. I believe the young forwards will push the likes of Latimore and Allgood down the long list of forwards we have right now. It seems Dufty is being groomed to be our long term fullback.

In the backs there will be some fair competition for the wing spots however, the centre pairing of Aitken and Lafai is on shaky ground and so it won't be long before Mary will have to drop them for the likes of Lomax and Masters.

Our new halves pairing of Norman and Hunt will not be interrupted except in the case of injury or representative duties. I'd say that in 2020, Field will be the backup for the halves and fullback. Who knows, Field may even find himself at left centre this year.

Wittenberg

Juniors
We have kept Dufty but we need to lock up Lomax long term. Field....meh. Just don’t think he has the grunt for the top grade. Maybe I’m wrong but a few flashy tries in the Nines and ISP does not necessarily mean he has it for first grade.

Crush

Coach
We shouldn't lock up Lomax if it's at the expense of Aitken..

Aitken is our future and if we lose him we're screwed...
I love a bit of sarcasm.
But seriously, we really shouldn't lock up Lomax long term before we know exactly what we are buying.
So far I've seen a couple of good games and a couple of rubbish games from him.
I'd be trying to extend him for 1 year at this stage and give him some game time to see if he really is the talent that everyone hopes he is.
I think he runs too upright and lacks speed. There I said it.

Dragons22

Juniors
I hope we don’t lose Field.
Unfortunately we may, because partyboy is being payed to ruffle up the spine.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
I love a bit of sarcasm.
But seriously, we really shouldn't lock up Lomax long term before we know exactly what we are buying.
So far I've seen a couple of good games and a couple of rubbish games from him.
I'd be trying to extend him for 1 year at this stage and give him some game time to see if he really is the talent that everyone hopes he is.
I think he runs too upright and lacks speed. There I said it.

Ive noticed that as well, no speed at all sadly , Hope he gets some leg work done

possm

Coach
Some how we need to keep the likes of Kerr, Timm, Lomax, Robson and Field. Lawrie has not agreed to terms as yet and I've heard is likely to go to the Roosters.

Crush

Coach
Some how we need to keep the likes of Kerr, Timm, Lomax, Robson and Field. Lawrie has not agreed to terms as yet and I've heard is likely to go to the Roosters.
Why exactly do we need to keep Field?
We have too many halves and too many fullbacks as it is!
Where do you see Field playing?
Even after Widdop leaves next year he doesn't get near first grade.