What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

will we make the 8?

will we make the 8?

• Total voters

isaiah

Bench
I disagree with that. Couple of hard games but who doesn't.

Importantly more home games than away & only 1 against the big 4.

Spose it doesn't matter who we play, if we play heartless like last night, we won't beat em anyway.

i was just going thru the draw for the last 7 rounds. what chance are the sharks of not winning another game and finishing on 22 pts?

Card Shark

Immortal
It's happened before & could happen again.

However for some reason I think this year will be different & we will win 4 of the last 7 to make it. I am prepared to be disappointed though. I finely tuned for disappointment ;-)

Card Shark

Immortal
Lol. Can't imagine/remember how good it would be to go through a season thinking "f**k, we might actually be in with a shot"...

We've got more chance of winning a title from this position than minor premiers. We choke if we are favourites.

Since 73

First Grade
The 8 is now settled.

Tits, Broncs and Pennies wont make it.

Just jostling for positions now.

Sea eagles cant drop a point.

Storm are under real pressure in coming weeks. Have to play in Canberra, Newcastle and Brookvale and host souths

wibble

Bench
This is a year when 30 points could still easily miss the top 8 (as there are a bunch that should finish around there), and yet 32 points might make top 4. It is very hard to predict, with the matches the 3rd to 10th play against each other obviously very crucial.

Our capitulations to Storm and Roosters could really hurt, as differential will almost certainly be important for most teams below 3rd.

IF we beat the Warriors (huge game) and the Knights (also very important) I'd say it was unlikely we miss the 8, if we win only one of them, we possibly need 3 of the last 4 to be certain, so it is a tough run for us.

Jono Russell

Bench
A month ago I thought we had an easy run home but now it is looking real hard.
Warriors, knights will not be easy wins.
We should beat Dragons.
Roosters will be tough.
We should beat cowboys.
It is very likely that rd 26 in Canberra we could be still playing for a spot between 10th and 4th.

Card Shark

Immortal
It is very likely that rd 26 in Canberra we could be still playing for a spot between 10th and 4th.

Hopefully Canberra are out of the race by then. They have a very tough draw from herein. They will lose a couple at home soon, may as well be by us .

Crikey!!!!

Juniors
Why not we are there now....

I would suggest if we go OK we are a chance of the top 4.

We have broken from the pack by 1 game.

St George should be a win

Canberra (unless cold) should be a win

I would suggest the roosters game will be the one to worry about. However they could be putting cue in rack... Wait and see

Storm who are 1 point ahead has a harder run home then us.

Craigshark

First Grade
Hopefully we can win all our remaining home games against the Knights, Cowboys and even give the Roosters a run.. Then we hopefully will beat the Dragons, but we were meant to do that last time too.

Card Shark

Immortal
Considering we are 2 wins & a shit load better for / against than 9th, I'd say we are in.

Gotta try & hold onto 5th or 6th now though, for a home (Sydney) semi. It's good that only 1 of the 7 teams below us fighting for a top 8 spot is from Sydney. Should give us some type of home ground advantage.

I'd most like to stay clear of the Knights as they always play well against us but I reckon we will play them week 1.

Latest posts