What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will you be supporting a team in the Finals Series?

Will you be supporting a team in the Finals Series?

• Yes I have a team I wanna see win

Votes: 36 73.5%
  • The Knights aren't there, don't give a rats arse

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cram

Bench
First choice for me is the Saints, after that I would go for the Cowboys and/or the Tigers. If the Broncos make the GF I will go for anyone, even Parra (who like they doesnt really matta)

Knightmare

Coach
I like Parra, the Tigers and the Dragons, so I'll be cheering for those three. If they won the comp, no matter which team it was it would be the feel good end to a great season:

PARRAMATTA
* First Premiership since 1986
* Victory at the highest level finally after so many years of mediocrity or choking

ST GEORGE
* First Premiership since 1979
* First joint venture to win a Grand Final
* Erase the pain of the '99 loss for all their fans
* Rid themselves of the 5 Grand Final defeat hoodoo that has haunted the club
* Could finally rid themselves of the "inconsistent" tag.
* The silence from Sharks fans :LOL:

WESTS TIGERS
* First joint-venture to win a Grand Final
* Deserved success for a team that has been ridiculed for so long but is now playing fantastic footy that people love to watch
* Long awaited success for Balmain fans still full of regret over the back to back Grand Final losses in the '80s and the eventual demise of Balmain as a stand alone entity
* Old Magpies fans will rejoice, most of who wouldn't be able to remember the last time Wests (as the Magpies or Tigers) won a comp back in '52.
* It would be a repeat of North Queensland 2004, but this time with the fairytale ending.

Master Vippo

Juniors
Going for Dragons all the way! I like them always, when they play Newcastle im torn, tho i end up cheering for the knights.

The Tigers to go well also.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Cowboys. They're the only team in the top 8 who I don't hate with some sort of passion. Always had a soft spot for them, considering they're much like us novocastrians in the way their fans are so parochial. Should they not go too far, then I'll just be watching the finals as purely a game of rugby league.

Knight76

Juniors
Ive got one team. I dont go for supporting my opposition just because the Knights didnt make it.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Knight76, in all seriousness champ, we ALL have a "second" team, as such. Whether it be the team u supported before the Knights were around, or just a team which captures ur imagination either throughout a particular season going back seasons, or one in the season in particular. Hope that made sense. Its not a case of supporting the "opposition"

RABK

Referee
Knights
Daylight

Daylight

Daylight

you get the picture.

To hell with the lot of them. I wil lwatch the finals but couldn't give a damn who wins it, they're only holding it for one year anyway. ;-)

funky_pineapple

Juniors
Since I am originally from Parramatta, I would be disowned if I didn't want them to win. 8-[ Seriously, we embarrassed them in 2001 and they need win a GF. They can't keep holding on to the 80's glory days.

I also want to see the Tigers go well. They certainly deserve it after all the crap over the years. :clap:

If there's anyone I don't want to win it's St George. :x I may like most of the players but I hate the club. They're stinkin' cheats and always have been. (Likewise Manly and Bulldogs).

Go the Eels! (and the Tigers) :C:

*melliez*

Juniors
Definately the Dragons.

Because they are my local team and the team I grew up supporting. Plus, if I didn't support the Dragons Troy and my parents would disown me seeing as they all go for the Dragons.

Stranger

Coach
*melliez* said:
Definately the Dragons.

Because they are my local team and the team I grew up supporting. Plus, if I didn't support the Dragons Troy and my parents would disown me seeing as they all go for the Dragons.

:lol: i though the reason would be to keep Troy happy

*melliez*

Juniors
Stranger said:
:lol: i though the reason would be to keep Troy happy

If that was the case I wouldn't have argued until he gave in about the baby being a knights supporter rather than a Dragons supporter! :lol:

Mind you, he is impressed that I will be supporting the Dragons after this weekend, but I think he realises that there is more of a reason than keeping the peace around my house...

He knows my reasons for enjoying Dragons games, and it irritates him a lot :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.