What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will You Still Support Them?

I feel bloody sorry for you guys. I keep thinking about 2002. If the Bulldogs weren't caught, we would've never won that competition. I can definitely understand how you feel...

My question is, will you stay strong and support them?

thorson1987

Coach
Yes i will. But imo we should have been stripped for points for next year aswell, not losing the premierships.

pnub

Juniors
I'm shattered but i will continue to support the storm fully.
Its going to be a hard year now with there being no points for the rest of the season but i hope the boys continue to turn up and play hard.

Billythekid

First Grade
Hell no. This isn't a member of my family i owe this club nothing. I have been a paying member for nearly 10 years and have spent lots of money on merchandise over the years. I have given this club my whole support for the last 5 years and now that has been destroyed.

Not only have they ruined my experience over those years but they have me seriously wondering if i will ever enjoy watching RL the same way ever again.

They have done an incredible amount of damage to the game i love and that is unforgiveable. I am a RL fan first club fan second and i don't think i can forgive what the club has done to the game.

I have posted on this site for a long time and have declared by allegiance to Storm from day one.

How do I feel now ??...gutted, angry and flat...

Questions need to be asked:

How could they mislead the fans and corporate sponsors so badly ??.
Who should be held responsible for this stuation ??.
Will the club have a team next year ??.

Have a crack if you want at me and others but I agree with all the sanctions imposed.

Will I support them still ??...don't know. Convince me why after being a 10 year supporter who has not missed a home game why I should stay ??

Bman26

Juniors
I have posted on this site for a long time and have declared by allegiance to Storm from day one.

Have a crack if you want at me and others but I agree with all the sanctions imposed.

Will I support them still ??...don't know. Convince me why after being a 10 year supporter who has not missed a home game why I should stay ??

Because you like, bleed purple and yellow during the season. No need to leave Kia, we will undoubtedly need as many as we can hold onto, so i ask you, stay for myself and the others who will stick it out.

LazyDreamer

Bench

Because whatever is in the past (including this arvo) is in the past. Look to the future. Either you love the game or you don't (you haven't ever struck me as a bandwagoner). And if you love the game, there's a team you support. I don't believe for a second that every single player was ignorant of what was going on...but in 10 years, they (the guilty ones) won't be playing. But you can still be supporting.

False pretenses or not, your club has given you a lot over it's life. Now's the time to suck it up & support them like you've never supported them before.

And yes, I've always hated the Storm & its supporters with a passion. But it's all just footy.

Billythekid

First Grade
Because whatever is in the past (including this arvo) is in the past. Look to the future. Either you love the game or you don't (you haven't ever struck me as a bandwagoner). And if you love the game, there's a team you support. I don't believe for a second that every single player was ignorant of what was going on...but in 10 years, they (the guilty ones) won't be playing. But you can still be supporting.

I do love the game and i will try and remain a fan of the game. However that doesn't mean that i have to continue to support a team who has totally betrayed its fans.

As i said in the other thread this isn't the same as getting the wooden spoon or entering a lower grade comp. This is having the team that you love betray you destroy everything you thought was great about the club.

False pretenses or not, your club has given you a lot over it's life. Now's the time to suck it up & support them like you've never supported them before.

The only thing the club has given us is fond memories all of which have been destroyed by this incident. We owe nothing to the club, it's our money and support which has allowed them to survive. It is the club that owes the fans not the other way around.

Last edited:

AuckMel

Bench
^^^^

ROFL

I'm a Warriors supporter who supports Rugby league in Melbourne. I have a membership and was thinking whether I should keep it or not.

The decision was easy for me. My undying love for the game and the hope that it grows here means I will keep it.

That said, I do believe there should be a pretty hefty reduction in the membership fees.

Noa

First Grade
I will never give up on the game or the club

There was an article on the weekend about a young Melbourne boy the Storm have high hopes for. If it wasnt for the work the Storm and ARL have done over the last few years he would be looking as a career as a asphalter or some-thing. If I abandon the team now then im abandoning him and any future kids that want to play this great game. There are 12 Victorian kids playing in the SG Ball finals this weekend,we are so close to something big and I wont walk away form it.

Molly

Juniors
I am just really sad about the deception. I am sad for my 7 year old who is really into the Storm, and sad for the hard work of all the people who put in to this club. Sad for the players who put their heart and soul into it. I will stick, however I just cannot get excited about RL at the moment all because of some bloody suits who thought they were too clever. And playing the rest of the year for no points? That makes it more difficult. I think I would of preferred the Storm to be totally suspended for the year rather than play for no poiints.

Watch the claims later in the year of the Storm rolling over in games and affecting other teams chances in the run into the finals. The punishment regarding not playing for points is leaving the NRL open to further issues.

Not sure if I can go to any games, spent just on 1000 bucks on memberships this year, and couldnt care if I go or dont.

Just feeling too let down at the moment.

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
Because this is a time when a club need it's supporters the most. It's fairly easy to follow a team which has had as much success as the Storm. Not that difficult to turn up to every home game when you're pretty certain your team will win. It's easy to wear your club jersey around the streets when your team has won a string of premierships.

It's a lot harder to do all these things when your team is in the crap, and for the next couple of seasons, I suspect that's where the Storm will be. This is going to be true test for the Storm club and it's fans. You can fill a stadium when your team is winning, but how will fans react to a couple of years of mediocrity?

By the way mate, this post isn't meant to be a personal attack on you. I've only jagged a quote because it's helped to illustrate a point I've been wanting to make for a long time - Just how loyal are Storm fans?

Is this Melbourne Storm club itself responsible? Sure, partly, but most of the blame should lay on the shoulders of the greedy, cheating parasites that have not only dragged your club into the mud, but the entire game as well.

From what I've seen so far the current members of your board have been contrite, accepting the NRL's judgment without complaint, and for that they should be commended.

So should you continue to support the Melbourne Storm? Well, that's up to you and thousands of other people to decide. I say put on your colours, grit your teeth and show your club that you're not just fair weather fans.

Your team needs you the most in its darkest time.
NSW wants you to fail, dont give them the pleasure, they want a Central Coast Bears team which does nothing to grow the game into a truely national competition.
As many have said before, if you are a true fan of the game you will go along to be entertained by your team, or even cheer on the opposition!

When your team gets its payment under the salary cap by reducing player payment (or letting players go who wont take reduction) you should get at least 1 point for the win??? if not the 2 points?

Warriors Supporter.