What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will You Still Support Them?

Sparky 74

Juniors
I feel bloody sorry for you guys. I keep thinking about 2002. If the Bulldogs weren't caught, we would've never won that competition. I can definitely understand how you feel...

My question is, will you stay strong and support them?

Look as a Eel fan i'm dirty on the Storm (front office not the players) But we still didn't win the GF.
But if this happened to the Eels I would still support the team.

Ask yourself this question do you support Melbourne Storm or just the players?

Say with the Stormboys for the love of the game.

maccattack

Juniors
Yes I will still support them. Thick and thin.

Its the slaray cap that should be sunk. Not the Storm.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
They say you should offer food and beverages to those whom are mourning a loss. He's some sh*t sanga's and some rich, warm urine for you animals.

Enjoy your season :)

Big Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Gippsy

Bench
You stick with them.

But, you make sure everyone involved with this stench is removed from your club, administration, players, coaches, support staff, anyone with the slightest idea something wasn't right. IMO, thats probably a fair slice of your club.

You then start to rebuild and you stick with them during the rebuilding. Thats the sign of true fans, sticking with them in the tough times. They're going to need your support and even an opposition fan like me with no love whatsoever for the Storm knows rugby league needs the Storm in Melbourne.

Stormgal

Juniors
Very disappointed with your reaction. A time when the team needs your support:(
Hi MsStorm, Im with you on that, yes Im disappointed and I did come close to polishing off a bottle of wine last night, but a true fan takes the good, bad and the UGLY!! Its time to man up Stormtroopers and get behind the guys.
We'll be there cheering for our purple patriots just as we always have.
GO STORM!!

ElectricEel

Juniors
All you Storm fans who are gonna throw in the towel, and stop supporting your team are weak and soft. Youre not real fans.

All because of a few scumbags.

My wife is a staunch Storm fan, and while she is devastated, she still loves her team, and refuses to stop wearing her colours.

I reckon these events will weed out the pretend fans and leave you guys with a stronger supporter base.

Ps. Go Parra!

KiwiStorm

Juniors
Will still be supporting the Storm - Very upset about what has happened (for the Storm and all of the NRL and Rugby League in general), but will still be supporting the club and the sport or Rugby League.

KiwiStorm

Juniors
It is such a shame - and I certainly would not wish this on ANY other club - I will still definitely be supporting the team.

Go Storm!

Poolshark

Juniors
If you're like me, the Storm has played a massive role in your life over the past 10 odd years.

After spending so much time and money in this club, it's just heartwrenching to see those bastards do this to us.

What do we do from here? I just want to curl into a ball when I think about all the good memories that will forever be tarnished by this shame...

All I can say philstorm is, keep supporting your team. Being a long suffering Sharks supporter that is what you do, you never give up on them. And this is about rugby league for me, we as supporters need to stick with the game and to not give all the doomsayers something to feed on. Chin up dude. :)

patch

Juniors
My club, still my champs. Go Storm!!!

Well put mate :) They're still our club, I've followed them from the very start and as long as they stay in the comp, I'll be staying with them......

The same thing happened to Carlton in the AFL, Italian Serie A football sides, match fixing etc our own Canterbury Bulldogs....

Phil Gould said it, salary cap is at the heart of the problem and David G knows it, and was quick to duck the issue........ Superleague didn't have salary cap and didn't have these issues............

StormChaser

First Grade
All the f**king way!! Just booked my flights and I will be there with f**king bells on baby!!! They're MY team and if we go down, we go down showing our colours with pride. I don't give a sh*t that we won't earn any points, win, lose or draw, it's not about that anymore, it's about proving that the melbourne Storm is a viable franchise, that they have a fan base willing to stand behind them.

They have given me so much joy over the years, I've watched them bleed, I've shed tears with them when we lost and i've screamed my lungs out when we've won, I'm standing beside them now and whatever happens, I'll be purple till I die!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring this motherf**ker ON!!!

Swamp

Juniors
I really do hope all Storm fans stick by them. I have become a quazi supporter over the years, more to do with what they have done for the game in Vic. Apart from the manner in which they went about the rort the Storm are victims of their own success. They created all their superstars, they were nobodies beforehand. They are all products of the Storm system & now they are paying dearly for it.

Swamp

All the f**king way!! Just booked my flights and I will be there with f**king bells on baby!!! They're MY team and if we go down, we go down showing our colours with pride. I don't give a sh*t that we won't earn any points, win, lose or draw, it's not about that anymore, it's about proving that the melbourne Storm is a viable franchise, that they have a fan base willing to stand behind them.

They have given me so much joy over the years, I've watched them bleed, I've shed tears with them when we lost and i've screamed my lungs out when we've won, I'm standing beside them now and whatever happens, I'll be purple till I die!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring this motherf**ker ON!!!

:ls:

Lol, bloody good post.

The Rosco

Bench
Well put mate :) They're still our club, I've followed them from the very start and as long as they stay in the comp, I'll be staying with them......

The same thing happened to Carlton in the AFL, Italian Serie A football sides, match fixing etc our own Canterbury Bulldogs....

Phil Gould said it, salary cap is at the heart of the problem and David G knows it, and was quick to duck the issue........ Superleague didn't have salary cap and didn't have these issues............

Your amazing.
Yes, the salary cap is AT the heart of the problem. But specifically, Melbournes systematic cheating of the salary cap IS THE HEART of the problem.
Are you seriously proposing we get rid of the cap ?? . News is only tied to you for another 2 years, yes ?. Did you hear the disgust in the voice of the News Ltd executive on TV ?
Do you think that they will keep throwing 2-3 mill$$$ at you after that ??
Your club has been kept on life-support by the News Ltd $$$.
Where will you get the $$$ to fund the lifestyle your players have become accustomed to ?
From your sponsors ??

If your club apologised to the game every day for 6 months, it still won't make good the damage and poor sportmanship shown by them.

Day 2 and I still feel like faeces...

Why the hell has Cam Smith not shown his face and led from the front with a chat to the media ??. IMO he should be answering to the fans and giving us the players perspective on all of this. He should be leading from the front as should Slater..

I am still gutted and somehow have to tell my little boy who loves Storm to death that Storm are in a bit of trouble...how do you tell a 6 year old that your club has cheated and spent more than they should be allowed ??.

Carnifex

Juniors
Totally shattered about what has happened.

But i love my club...have been a suported since day dot...i was 12 years old then, in that time there has been ups and downs but none as bad as this. Ill support the team till the day i die. Im devestated that this puts us at risk of folding....because without the Storm i will lose all intrest in rugby league....it'l just break my heart too much.

Totally shattered about what has happened.

But i love my club...have been a suported since day dot...i was 12 years old then, in that time there has been ups and downs but none as bad as this. Ill support the team till the day i die. Im devestated that this puts us at risk of folding....because without the Storm i will lose all intrest in rugby league....it'l just break my heart too much.

Know how your feeling bro...Mates at work asked how I was feeling and I really had no answer today.

If they go, I will not follow anyone else even they I love the game...