What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will You Still Support Them?

Carnifex

Juniors
Know how your feeling bro...Mates at work asked how I was feeling and I really had no answer today.

If they go, I will not follow anyone else even they I love the game...

Yeah i walked into work today wearing my storm jumper and the guys started with the "tale of two books-under belly" joke :roll: one lady, who knows how much i love them asked if i was alright and i just shrugged my shoulders and went to work. It just still feels like a dream or a gee up (oh how i wish)....it breaks my heart that the players and coaches (assuming they knew nothing of it) have put so much effort into the team and this is what happens.

I love the game too...been supporting it since i was a young kid...but losing the storm would be like losing a family member...il pretty much shut down. :(

LazyDreamer

Bench
Thing is, if some of the higher profile players have to be let go, then their boots will be filled, and it's these new guys who spill blood, sweat & tears for the club who'll earn your support.

Stick with it. While down times are not usually this far down..stick with it.

Medders7

Juniors
Fellow Storm Fans,

Yesterday at roughly 4pm I was sitting in my recliner and clicked onto ninemsn as I do daily, and I saw that headline..... my first thought... "Naaa can't be right". As I clicked on it and read the article, my heart sank, I felt numb and I felt wierd.

Today it has sunk in. I'm gutted. I feel emtpy, hurt decieved and embarrased. We have been stripped of everything we have known. But life goes on. As hard as it is, 2011 is only one year away, think about how fast the last 12 months have gone, and remember it will be here before you know it.

We need to stick by this great club more than ever, it might be 20 years before we win another premiership.... but does it matter? the raw emotion of winning a game, the satisfaction of beating the side followed by that wanker at work... we can pull through this......

For the good of the club... let's ALL stick by them.... **** ME Bank, **** Host Plus, we will get other sponsors, the club will go on, we now have the chance to recruit some of the best young kids in the game, and probably be back up the top quicker than St.George Illawarra and The Titans.

Thats my piece. I love this club. Yes I'm hurt, but I'm optimistic and I'm staying on board.

We ARE the Storm from Melbourne town we'll blow the others off the ground, we are the Storm and WE'RE NUMBER ONE!

jim_57

Staff member
Melbourne fans have been treated very harshly by the NRL IMO, if they can get back under the cap they should start letting them play for points again. The Storm are supposed to be opening a new stadium yet it will take marketting genius to get 10,000 now because the NRL has set down this ridiculous punishment that affect the players and the fans and not the people who orchestrated the rort, they will be gone within a few weeks yet the people replacing them and still remaining at the club will still be being punished for their actions.

As a Bulldogs supporter during the 2002 issues I stay stick tough to Melbourne fans. It's not the players that have wronged you and you sure as hell haven't been turning up week in week out for 10 years to watch 4 or 5 fat businessmen. Hopefully they get the right people in the job to rectify the situation as soon as possible and rebuild for next year, the club needs the support of fans to survive, it's as simple as that. Hold firm and your club will be back to it's former glory.

NRLMad

Juniors
To be honest, I'm shocked at some of the responses in here.. Whilst the Storm management and a few players have cheated the NRL & it's fans... It's a bit fickle to say that you weill abandon your team as soon as they get hit down....

Sponsors leaving the Storm? Well good on them. They'll be replaced just like anything else.. The dogs lost all theirs Sponsors when they had strife also, see how they have responded since?

You have to stick by your team! I would if it happened to Saints. I think Melbourne will come out stronger in the years to come..

adamkungl

Immortal
I have no idea how you are a moderator on this forum, you have no idea buddy. Where is your proof? Until you provide it, you are merely talking sh*t, under these circumstances, that is really uncalled for. I hope for your sake (and LU's), the Broncos organisation don't read this, you could find yourself in a bit of legal trouble.

Agree. Earlier today I saw warnings against implicating other clubs. How is a mod on here making defamatory accusations? f**k off roopy

MsStorm

Bench
Hi MsStorm, Im with you on that, yes Im disappointed and I did come close to polishing off a bottle of wine last night, but a true fan takes the good, bad and the UGLY!! Its time to man up Stormtroopers and get behind the guys.
We'll be there cheering for our purple patriots just as we always have.
GO STORM!!

Hi Stormgal
Glad you are sticking with the team.
I actually found it hard to come on this site thinking we will get such a bagging from opposition supporters but was pleasantly surprised it was the other way around.

These past 2 days have been a nightmare for us but you cannot give up on a club you love just because of a few morons in the admin area who stuffed up.

Their is some more pain to come with losing sponsors, etc. but I am confident we'll come through this if supporters stick with their team.

TheRam

Coach
Yeah i walked into work today wearing my storm jumper and the guys started with the "tale of two books-under belly" joke :roll: one lady, who knows how much i love them asked if i was alright and i just shrugged my shoulders and went to work. It just still feels like a dream or a gee up (oh how i wish)....it breaks my heart that the players and coaches (assuming they knew nothing of it) have put so much effort into the team and this is what happens.

I love the game too...been supporting it since i was a young kid...but losing the storm would be like losing a family member...il pretty much shut down. :(

Mate stay strong. This is a real terrible time I know, even for me and I am a staunch Parra supporter, but I feel terrible at what these arseholes have done to the Storm & to Rugby League. We all need to stay united and support the TEAM where ever we can. I for one will make sure I go to as many Storm games here in Sydney to support them too.

MsStorm

Bench
All the f**king way!! Just booked my flights and I will be there with f**king bells on baby!!! They're MY team and if we go down, we go down showing our colours with pride. I don't give a sh*t that we won't earn any points, win, lose or draw, it's not about that anymore, it's about proving that the melbourne Storm is a viable franchise, that they have a fan base willing to stand behind them.

They have given me so much joy over the years, I've watched them bleed, I've shed tears with them when we lost and i've screamed my lungs out when we've won, I'm standing beside them now and whatever happens, I'll be purple till I die!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring this motherf**ker ON!!!

That's the spirit Stormchaser. Go Girl.:D

MsStorm

Bench
A really big THANK YOU to all the supporters of other teams who are encouraging us to hang in there.

We might hate each other when we play, but bottom line is we want rugby league to grow and stay strong as a code.

I've mentioned this in another thread.
I don't know if it means I'm a traditionalist, but I would hate to see any of the current sixteen clubs die. I love and respect the history that each club has offered to the code and it's fans.

Helen

Juniors
Melbourne fans have been treated very harshly by the NRL IMO, if they can get back under the cap they should start letting them play for points again.

On this point I disagree.

The Melbourne fans have been treated very harshly by those who caused all this. The NRL had to exact a punishment that fit the infringement.

It is a complex issue.

If the players took a pay cut now the Storm still have the stable of superstars some of whom were bought by fraud.
Some of these players could possibly have been with other clubs or another code if the cheating had not occurred.

Example
Cam Smith (I am not saying he has done any wrong) was being courted by other clubs. You have to wonder if the amount he was paid by the Storm affected his decision to stay.

Then you have to ask was his payment or part there of included in this fraud.

If they cut players those players are in limbo. Clubs could not take them or they would end up over the salary cap.

I also wonder if the contracts players signed in good faith would still have to be honored.

As I said it gets complex when you look into it.

All this mess created by a handful of suits.

This Article explains some of the problems the Storm face.

Last edited:

Helen

Juniors
A really big THANK YOU to all the supporters of other teams who are encouraging us to hang in there.

We might hate each other when we play, but bottom line is we want rugby league to grow and stay strong as a code.

I would do the same for my team. I would expect the same punishment if it was found my team admin had done this. Not that we have won anything. GCT

A true supporter is there through the bad times as well as the good.

If the fans can ride this out then the Storm can rebuild and become stronger. Some if not most of the players need you guys more then ever. They are people after all. They must be shattered.

stormtragic

Juniors
Will I stick support them?

Of course!!!!

I have loved this club for 12 years and I'll be damned if I will let a few administrators destroy this club, all TRUE Storm fans will be there on sunday night supporting the boys and the club.

joshie

Live Update Team
Nothing will ever take the melbourne storm away from me! I will never stop supporting them, i will never stop cheering them on!

Melbourne storm for life!

We are the storm from melbourne town we blow the others off the groundwe are the storm and were number one!

Lets stick together guys!