What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

William Hopoate - most overrated player ever

Avenger

Immortal
Has there ever been a more overrated, overpaid player? We have been paying this guy over $800k per season. Seward the biggest and most useless f**kwit since Osborne allegedly agreed to give him a similar contract before being boned. I hope Ando does his job and does not relent. Now I'm hoping Hopoate leaves.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
The problem with not re-signing Hpppa (who i agree is on massive overs) is that Morgan becomes our first choice centre.

T.S Quint

Coach
Hoppa is not shit.
He is a decent first grade centre surrounded by shit.
And I still doubt he is earning $800k per year.

Noise

Coach
No he doesn't. Aren't both he and Hoppa off contract?

Well the mail this week is Morgan is being re-signed. All the decent centres who we should have made a play for are all signed up (Roberts, Simona, Mann, Leilua)

the_apostle21

Juniors
Hoppa is not shit.
He is a decent first grade centre surrounded by shit.
And I still doubt he is earning $800k per year.

Agree. Didn't set the world alight, but didn't do anything wrong. With Morgan running rogue, he has to read the defence and work out what the hell his own team are doing.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Very poor display tonight by WH. Dare I say, certainly out performed by Morgan. Id say hes worth max 200K per season on this years form. There has to be better options or at least some of equal talent at a much cheaper cost. Hopefully its just the contract dramas that have him performing poorly.

T.S Quint

Coach
He was decent. He is shit now. I hope he departs.

I honestly don't know where this is coming from.
Was he overly bad tonight? Moreso than anyone else in the team? I understand the Morgan stuff, but this is just garbage.

You say he was decent. When was that? Did he just lose his ability in a matter of weeks?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He's a very ordinary footballer these days, he should take his bike and pedal on out of here. And take half the squad with him. But but but but but but but but Foran and scott lol.

Avenger

Immortal
I honestly don't know where this is coming from.
Was he overly bad tonight? Moreso than anyone else in the team? I understand the Morgan stuff, but this is just garbage.

You say he was decent. When was that? Did he just lose his ability in a matter of weeks?

Let me rephrase it, for the money he is on, he is shit.

strider

Post Whore
I will agree he is not living up to that price tag .... but not sure that is accurate .... surely the $150K he is rumoured to have not been paid (and for all we know there might be more TPas) brings it down to a more respectable cap figure $500-$600K

I'd say he is probably a $400-$450K player

Noise

Coach
That's probably more accurate.
But then we still don't actually know hoe much he is on...and I doubt it's the high figure that gets thrown around.

Correct. All reported salaries of Parra players are grossly over stated. However all reported salaries of other teams are complete fact.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
If we can get Hoppa for no more than $400k including 3rd party, then I'd be happy with that.
Ideally $300k is better for our club but I still think that Hoppa has a lot of improvement left in him.
When you ask the question... "can we win a premiership with Hoppa in the 17?", I say yes.
We have to keep him but not on stupid money.

Latest posts