What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Williams Is Still Available

Eelementary

Post Whore
It does seem as though reading between the lines he is telling Manly to front up with the cash or he is gone. He may want to stay there but obviously values himself higher that his current contract says and he wants a piece of the pie that Manly are supposedly preparing for their halves by getting rid of the Stewart brothers. He has to be prepared to leave if they call his bluff though.
Didn't someone on here say that he knows Tony or his family well and he wanted to come back before the last contract but we weren't interested or had no money left or something?

I was speaking to someone a few years back that happened to mention to me that Tony loves Parramatta and wants to come back. We struck up negotiations with him but they eventually hit a snag and he stayed at Manly.

I am positive we could get him back here - if he would be in the club's plans, that is. I sure hope he is.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon he'd be too expensive for us now.

Considering the hype, he'll be expecting top dollar (like $400k or even $500k+) and his defence isn't good enough for that money. Likewise Mateo and Dave Taylor.

The only edge forwards worth elite money can go for 80 minutes, are strong enough to play front-row, and defend well - Gallen, Blair and Thaiday.

For what Williams brings, we could get Sika Manu who would do almost as good a job for half the price.

Eels Dude

Coach
Why would he want to come back? For the mighty dollar and that's all. But every club can offer him that.

TheRam

Coach
I reckon he'd be too expensive for us now.

Considering the hype, he'll be expecting top dollar (like $400k or even $500k+) and his defence isn't good enough for that money. Likewise Mateo and Dave Taylor.

The only edge forwards worth elite money can go for 80 minutes, are strong enough to play front-row, and defend well - Gallen, Blair and Thaiday.

For what Williams brings, we could get Sika Manu who would do almost as good a job for half the price.

Not in the same league, hence the price difference Pou.

Also William is only a young buck, has had very few injuries and will only get better.

Also if you look at his style, he uses his feet to beat a man and doesn't just rely on his brawn therefore often avoiding the collisions and he knows how to offload too.

He is a very unique style of forward, hence his rapid elevation into the Australian and soon to be NSW teams.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not in the same league, hence the price difference Pou.

Mate, nearly as effective, with only half the hype. A much better investment for a team with so much cash tied up in the spine (especially after Hopoate arrives).

We don't need an edge forward as good as Williams, we just need one better than Justin Horo.

Also William is only a young buck, has had very few injuries and will only get better.

He's 24 this year. This is his peak.

Also if you look at his style, he uses his feet to beat a man and doesn't just rely on his brawn therefore often avoiding the collisions and he knows how to offload too.

Just like Sika Manu. I agree Williams is better than Manu, but he's not twice as good, yet he'd want twice the money.

He is a very unique style of forward, hence his rapid elevation into the Australian and soon to be NSW teams.

True but Manu's only 25 and he's been in the Kiwi team for 4 years, and they're pretty strong at edge forward. He's also been in first grade since 2007 so he's a lot more experienced than Williams, and finally he can also play front-row.

TheRam

Coach
Mate, nearly as effective, with only half the hype. A much better investment for a team with so much cash tied up in the spine (especially after Hopoate arrives).

We don't need an edge forward as good as Williams, we just need one better than Justin Horo.

He's 24 this year. This is his peak.

Just like Sika Manu. I agree Williams is better than Manu, but he's not twice as good, yet he'd want twice the money.

True but Manu's only 25 and he's been in the Kiwi team for 4 years, and they're pretty strong at edge forward. He's also been in first grade since 2007 so he's a lot more experienced than Williams, and finally he can also play front-row.

You still haven't convinced me Pou. Sika is a really good forward but since all his injuries he has never really come on the way he should have. Whereas Williams is really just starting his career in the big league and I can see him only just getting better.

Besides Williams has already done what we would want him to do for us at Parra and helped his team win a premiership. Sika has not. The proof is in the pudding.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You still haven't convinced me Pou. Sika is a really good forward but since all his injuries he has never really come on the way he should have. Whereas Williams is really just starting his career in the big league and I can see him only just getting better.

Besides Williams has already done what we would want him to do for us at Parra and helped his team win a premiership. Sika has not. The proof is in the pudding.

Sika will help us win a premiership more than Williams because we'll be able to put better players around him.

Even Manly weren't stupid enough to throw top dollar at Tony Williams - they won their premiership when he was on average wage.

TheRam

Coach
Sika will help us win a premiership more than Williams because we'll be able to put better players around him.

Even Manly weren't stupid enough to throw top dollar at Tony Williams - they won their premiership when he was on average wage.

Not exactly on average coin since they basically signed up when he was still a u20's player.

Also Sika may be able to help up win a premiership, that is if he isn't injured and on the field to do so.