What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie Mason

Loudstrat

Coach
....has been close to buy of the year -considering his low wage. He has been great for the Knights and has emerged as the forward leader that he should have been had he not had all that bullsh*t ego at the end of his days at the Dogs.

Well done big fella, and a cheer for your coach as well. :clap::clap:

BKT

Juniors
....has been close to buy of the year -considering his low wage. He has been great for the Knights and has emerged as the forward leader that he should have been had he not had all that bullsh*t ego at the end of his days at the Dogs.

Well done big fella, and a cheer for your coach as well. :clap::clap:

Well said, I totally agree, hope he gets his new contract soon.

4 runs for 35 metres, 27 tackles with 2 missed isnt exactly a big effort.

Otherwise he has been terrific and a good morale boost.

carcharias

Immortal
My wife doesn't watch the footy much.

Last night she said , gee that bloke looks like Willie mason.
I said it is him.
She said, wow you never hear anything about him anymore.
I said , Bennett is the coach.

Dunno about buy of the year , but it is good to see him play footy
without being hassled by the media every 2 days.
That I imagine is a direct result of playing under Bennett .

Special K

Coach
He has had a good season and the tigers dropped the ball on this one but im not sure why the knights want to offer him a 2 year deal. He is 33 now..

Hard to think mason will be running around at 35 when Hindy has to hang them up at 32.

He has had a good season and the tigers dropped the ball on this one but im not sure why the knights want to offer him a 2 year deal. He is 33 now..

Hard to think mason will be running around at 35 when Hindy has to hang them up at 32.

Hindy peaked at about 24 or so but Mason is still showing something

Jono078

Referee

Hindmarsh has played a lot of games - most the full 80 minutes and maybe an average of 45 tackles per game.

Not to mention the time he was playing 30 games a season with the rep schedule.

Mason is looking fresh, even if he did slow down a bit these past few weeks, I think he'll have a quality 40-50 minutes in him the next couple of years.

Stagger Lee

Bench
2 year contact is a risk but the fella does deserve another year at least. I still remember being in the stands watching him playing for Australia and smashing the GB team, he was like a bowling ball smashing the pins.

Whatever happens I'm glad to see that he will leave the game with a bit of respect that his talent deserves restored.

Grapple

Bench
Mason has been good value, but buy of the year goes to Inu. Good goal kicker and he's won us two games from field goals already this year.

Loudstrat

Coach
The Knights pack started to bite when Mason joined. Before that, they were looked on as small and soft. Names like Snowden, Costigan and Houston bidnt give them any bite. Mason did.

Re Hindy - he could easily play for another year. He's still our best forward. Yet Willie had a couple of soft seasons. I recall Mal Meninga owing his longevity two a couple of seasons out with broken limbs in his mid 20's.

Gagai, Inu and Perret (and for a brief period Luke Kelly) all did mid season transfers and improved. None had the road that Willie had to travel to get back.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Mason's surprised me. he's sat around france doing f**k all for a while, then had no pre-season with a team. the wya he's come on is amazing. i really thought he'd need the whole year just to get back to being decent.

he's brought a lot of energy back to the knights and it's great seeing his reactions on the sideline.

aqua_duck

Coach

Mason isn't 33 till April next year. Price, Petero, Wiki and Menzies are good example of guys playing on well past their 30's. Difference between Hindy and Mason is Mason is a lot better athlete naturally than Hindy. When Mason was in his prime he was one of the most athletic forwards in the comp despite being one of the biggest. Even with a decline in speed and athleticism with age he's still as athletic as most guys his size

Latest posts