What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie Peters

chuckaneppy

Juniors
Hi,

Can any of you guys give me any information regarding Willie Peters? I think I have seen that he was released by yourselves at the end of last season.

I always rated the guy when he played over here in the UK for Gateshead & Wigan. What has he been like since he went back to Oz? Has he had injury problems? Is he fixed up with anyone else?

Any info would be appreciated.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Really? Great news for Peters and Easts. Is there a source for that Seagullsrock? Cheers.

Seano

Juniors
I will drive the bloke to whatever airport he wants! Just keep sterlo away from Souths

Noel

Juniors
Definately signed for the Entrance Tigers in the Jim Beam Cup. Said he liked the lifestyle up there.

Wobbygong

First Grade
He made a very good set of outside backs at the Dragons look very ordinary.

Other than Solomon Haumono / Quentin Pongia possibly the worst Dragons signing since the inception of the Joint Venture.

Booyah

Bench
Noel said:
Definately signed for the Entrance Tigers in the Jim Beam Cup. Said he liked the lifestyle up there.

'Liked the lifestyle'

Wasn't offered an NRL contract more like it.

Noel said:

Should be able to buy some nice property on the CC. He got big money over the last 2 seasons for doing Jack!

Red Bear

Referee
Well it turns out that he's signed with the Wollongong Bulls here in the Thooeys Cup competition.
SOurce: Win news

Noel

Juniors
Must have got a release from the Entrance Tigers. May be his way to get back into the NRL via the dragons but I can't see it happening.

ShaiGuY

First Grade
was ESL player of the year for all that means a few yrs ago at Wigan (or St Helens)... they loved him over there... 4 the dragons he was fairly average - now and then he would have good games... his major disadvantage that teams worked out quickly was that he could only pass 1 way - that's y sometimes barrett fed the ball in2 the scrums depending on the side of the field

widnes viking

Juniors
Peters played for Widnes in 2004 and on that showing and with the reported poor commitment he wouldn't get near a quota spot in the UK.