What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willow Cup Round 1 Bluebags v Rabbitohs

The Piper

Juniors
Forum 7s - Willow Cup Round 1 2010
NEWTOWN BLUEBAGS (2nd) v SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS (5th)
bluebagsf7s.jpg
-v-
sou-main.jpg

Game Thread:
* Please note - This is a game thread only, therefore only game posts can be made here (Teams, Articles).
* Any other posts may result in loss of points and is at the discretion of the referee.
* Only original articles, not used in previous games, will be marked by referees.

Naming Teams:
* 3v3 (+ 2 reserves for both teams)
* No 'TBA' or changing players named
* Captains must stick with original teams named

ALL THE RULES & REGULATIONS: http://f7s.leagueunlimited.com/rules.php

FULL TIME: Sunday 6 June 2010 at 9pm (Sydney time)
REFEREE: Antonius
Venue: Front Row Stadium
ground_tfr_1.jpg

**The Referee Blows Game On!**
CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL WORD COUNTER

Last edited by a moderator:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Newtown Bluebags Team - Round 1 Willow Cup

For the knock-out comp, the Bluebags have traded the Baggers Bus for a Falcon Station Wagon.

Muzby is driving, Willow is in the passenger seat, and Drew-Sta is the middle, in the chick seat. Rexxy and gorilla are in the back, closer the esky.
Bluebags

muzby (c)
Drew-Sta
Willow

Res:
Rexxy
gorilla (vc)
Good luck one and all. :thumn​

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
jersey_bluebags_1a.gif

muzby pulls a handbrake stop, runs out to the centre of the field, grabs the ball from the ballboy & send the kickoff deep into bunnies territory..

750 words title to end..

twitter-logo11.png

TWIT! er...

@Israel_Folau: Getting a bit bored with this whole Brisbane caper. Family is more boring than I remember.

@Lagi_Setu: Hey bro, me too. Thinking of going overseas and doing my mission. You keen?

@Israel_Folau: Sorry bro, as much as I love my religion, I’m not gonna do that. Too much money to be made over here.

@Lagi_Setu: No dramas bro, I’m still gonna go. But before I do, I’m gonna pretend I’m off to the Roosters. That should stuff with their heads.

@Brian_Smith: Expecting to sign two ex-Dragons in the next two days - Gasnier and Setu.

@Israel_Folau: Laughing at @Lagi_Setu. Bro, that is just too funny. The roosters fans actually think you are coming.

@Israel_Folau: Still bored. Should head back down to Melbourne. I got paid really well down there. The Broncos haven’t given me a free car once since I’ve been here.

@Ivan_Henjak: Keen to re-sign Israel Folau for next 4 years.

@Ivan_Henjak: Why won’t Israel sign?

@Ivan_Henjak: Missing Wayne Bennett. People seemed to respect me when he was around.

@Brian_Waldron: Hey Izzy! Long time no speak. Come down here & play for the Rebels. The Storm are soooo 2009..

@Israel_Folau: Hey Brian, sounds good. How much money is on offer? Will it be like the old days?

#ERROR: User @Brian_Waldron is no longer active. User violated Twitter policy.

@Israel_Folau: Getting really over Brisbane now. Must speak to my manager about looking at other options for me.

@Isaac_Moses: Currently looking at other options for my biggest client, Israel Folau. Looking forward to big payday.

@KayHunt: Hey Izzy! Looking to get out of the Broncos too hey? You should follow my lead. I’ve made heaps of money.

@Israel_Folau: Hey there Karmichael. Yep, over the Broncos. How did you find it when you left?

@KayHunt: Great, I’ve been given a heap of money to play a sport that I have no idea about, and get to play rugby union in the meantime.

@Israel_Folau: Liking @KayHunt’s idea. Must speak to manager about rugby union.

@KayHunt: Izzy - don’t stress. Let me speak to some of the guys I know. I can get you playing my sport in no time.

@Israel_Folau: Thanks bro, but I don’t know. I think I should be a bit closer to this, it’s my future we’re talking about.

@KayHunt: Karmichael Hunt knows what is best for both Karmichael Hunt and Israel Folau.

@Israel_Folau: Bro, we’ve spoke about this whole speaking in the 3rd person thing before. It makes you look like a big tool.

@KayHunt: No dramas Izzy. I’ll chat to Isaac for you and point him in the right direction.

@Israel_Folau: Ok bro - thanks for that.

@Israel_Folau: Is looking forward to playing rugby union.

@Isaac_Moses: Busy negotiating for Israel Folau. Calling out to all prospective clubs to put forward their best offer.

@Israel_Folau: Still looking forward to playing rugby union.

@Israel_Folau: Geez, the NRL seems to be getting pissed off with me. I hope I can still play Origin this year.

@Israel_Folau: YESSSSSS!!!! Picked for Origin 1. Better make the most of this, I don’t think super 15 will be as good.

@Israel_Folau: Getting nervous about not having a home for 2011 yet.

@Isaac_Moses: Still working away on deal for Israel Folau. Calling all last offers from Clubs.

@Israel_Folau: Well, Origin 1 wasn’t as good as I hoped, I had a pretty quiet game. JT played pretty well. I wonder what he thought of the game?

@Jonathon_Thurston: F**king great f**king game, apart from those f**king annoying f**king referees.

@Isaac_Moses: Getting close to announcing future of Israel Folau.

@Israel_Folau: Issac tells me I’ll be making a lot of money next year. Rugby Union must have a heap of spare cash after losing Tuqiri.

@Andrew_Dimetriou: Izzy, great to have you on board. You’ll be a credit to AFL.

@Kevin_Sheedy: Looking forward to coaching Israel Folau with Greater Western Sydney in the AFL in 2012.

@Chris_Judd: On behalf of all AFL players, I’m disappointed at the money offered to Israel Folau. He hasn’t even played a game yet.

@Gary_Ablett_Jnr: Agreeing with @Chris_Judd. What about long term players? We deserve $1m per season.

@Jason_Akermanis: This Folau bloke looks a bit like a fairy. I hope he stays in the closet. I don’t want this turning into AFL.

@Israel_Folau: WTF???? What’s this AFL? I thought GWS was a code for the Melbourne Rebels?

@KayHunt: Karmichael is happy to have a friend for Karmichael back playing with Karmichael in Karmichael’s new sport.

@Israel_Folau: Very quickly learning how to kick.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Willow | Bluebags
jersey_bluebags_1a.gif

Reunification

There are many extraordinary falsehoods doing the rounds in the world of the National Rugby League. One such falsehood is that the Dragons were formed in 1999. Amazingly, some actually believe this.

In 1908, St George almost joined the New South Wales Rugby League following a meeting at Rockdale Town Hall. At that meeting, a St George Rugby League club was definitely formed with a president and other officials being elected.

But the new club was unable to form a team. Pressure from Rugby Union saw only three players sign up.

In 1910, a St George Third Grade team entered the competition, defeating the Newtown Thirds 36-0.

In 1920, a St George District Rugby League club was formed at the Kogarah School of Arts.

On St George's Day (April 23) 1921, a St George First Grade side entered the Sydney premiership, narrowly losing their first game 4-3 to Glebe, scoring one try to nil.

They were known as 'Saints', 'Dragon Slayers' or the 'Red and Whites', depending on writer of the day. The nickname was eventually shortened to 'Dragons'.

In 1941, St George won their first premiership when they defeated Easts (aka 'Sydney Roosters') 31-14 at the Sydney Cricket Ground. Saints were runners up in 1942 and again in 1946 before winning a second premiership in 1949. In 1953, St George were runners up when they went down to Souths in the Final.

What followed is well documented.

The St George Dragons cemented themselves as one of the world's greatest sporting clubs when they won an unprecedented 11 straight premierships between 1956-1966. They were undefeated in 1959 and won all three grade Grand Finals in 1963. Immortals such as Wollongong junior Graeme Langlands, John Raper and St George junior Reg Gasnier were just a few of the greats who wore the red and white during these golden years.

These are actual events of history.

The Dragons went on to win two more grand finals. St George and Parramatta played in the historic drawn Grand Final of 1977, the match ending at 9-all after extra time. The young Saints (Dragons) team came out the following week to defeat the Eels 22-0 in the Grand Final replay.

In 1979, the 'St George Dragons' won their 15th premiership after defeating Canterbury (aka 'Canterbury-Bankstown', 'Berries', 'Sydney Bulldogs') 17-13 in the Grand Final. A premiership event that is often revived as a promotion by the National Rugby League, the new controllers of the modern game.

Throughout this proud history, there has been the Illawarra.

To put this in perspective, it should be known that the area south of the Cooks River was known as 'Illawarra'. We are talking about all of St George, Sutherland and the South Coast. St George was settled first, being the local Parish name, and that eventually gave us the name of the football team.

History tells us that the Illawarra Steelers entered the premiership in 1982 during one of the game's expansions, and their inclusion into the NSWRL Sydney premiership was long overdue.

But the Southern Division rugby league competition has a long history which can be traced back to 1910. In 1946, they beat England 15-12 and again in 1950 defeating Great Britain 18-11. The Illawarra's connection to St George has been set in stone with juniors playing in the Dragons district since 1908.

Charlie 'Saus' Hazleton was the first Illawarra international in 1937-38. Like many top class players he found himself in the Sydney Competition, playing for St George (1939 and 1940).

This is the substance of connection between these two league districts. The Wollongong area has produced many great players, including Graeme 'Changa' Langlands, 'Slippery' Steve Morris and Rod Wishart. To quote the words of Mark Coyne, St George and Illawarra share a "kindred spirit".

It is recorded that in late 1998, the 'St George Illawarra Dragons' formed a joint venture and went on to be 1999 grand finalists.

For all concerned, it was a reunification.

One year earlier, the NRL was formed. They didn't hesitate to inherit the entire NSWRL records, dating back to 1908. In their arrogance, they exploit the great history of the Dragons, but refuse to give any official acknowledgment. This is despite the NRL's own short history.

In 2003, the St George Illawarra Dragons published a club journal with an announcement that the next Dragons Grand Final victory would be premiership number 16.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out, should the Dragons snare a premiership on 2010.

| 750 words|

Ref:
http://www.jubileeavenue.com.au/history

Last edited:

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Drew-Sta stumbles out for the Bluebags, dazzled by the Tuesday morning sun.

jersey_bluebags_1a.gif

A different shade of blue.

I lost my job at the end of January with my former workplace utilising the ‘3 month probation’ clause to end my employment with little repercussion. It was probably one of the hardest and most distressing times of my life. After leaving a long term employer to pursue better career options, enhancement of my resume and more money I was forcibly stopped in my tracks and shown the meaning of ‘loyalty’, and the fact I had none.

Frankly, changing jobs is a risk and hindsight shows it didn’t pay off. As I drove home that day I tried to come to grips with my heightened emotions and work out how I was to tell my now-wife I was no longer earning a wage. To make matters worse, we were five weeks out from getting married and finances were already stretched as it is, let alone trying to make ends meet with only one part time wage to pay the bills.

Despite having a wonderful wedding to my beautiful wife, the good fortune to score some contract work and now finally starting a permanent 6 month contract with great pay and the possibility of extension should I perform, I’m still feeling very burnt over what was an extremely demoralising period of my life. I was angry at myself for putting my family at risk and wondering why I allowed my principals to be compromised for money and the prospects of glory. Had I stayed put, none of this would have happened.

So when I read about Brett Kenny and his current financial situation, I legitimately shed a tear for someone I have never met. Here was a man who enthralled crowds and bamboozled the opposition; A man physically superior to the majority and without peer in his position. He orchestrated the winning of premierships, Origin series and Test championships.

Brett Kenny is a legend of our game.

And yet he is financially ruined. No house, no investments and I imagine a super fund demolished by the Global Financial Crisis. As if to add insult to injury, he has been forced to move back in with his parents just to keep himself off the streets. For Brett to change all this, he has to start at the bottom and work his way up at the age of 49. In essence, he's a man with a past that overshadows his future.

His last roll of the dice is a coaching gig with Wentworthville on a wage that $30,000. To put that in perspective, Brett would be earning more selling white goods at his local Harvey Norman for probably the same, if not less, hours than he currently puts in as a full time coach.

Knowing the desperation you feel when you find yourself staring at financial ruin, I know some of what Brett must be going through as he is frantically trying to claw himself out of the predicament he finds himself in. But it's anyone's guess what must be running through his head when he sees players like Israel Folau jumping ship from Rugby League for what looks to be $1.5m a year. Especially when Folau is walking away from a contract in Brisbane worth roughly three or four times what Kenny signed for in 1993 with Parramatta. Indeed, loyalty is a word Folau has no concept of.

People today are complaining about the loyalty of players, and in particular the recent actions of Folau and Hunt with their defections to other codes for exorbitant money. Even more, they complain that players swap clubs more often than they change underwear. To these people, I bring before you Brett Kenny, a man so totally loyal to his club that he is now broke as a result. Broke, never supported in his integration back to society as a regular joe and now fighting for his very livelihood.

I ask these people, why isn’t Brett Kenny’s loyalty recognised? Why isn’t the loyalty he gave for not just 13 years of his career, but indeed his continued support of the club when he stood up with the 3P movement and helped topple the Fitzgerald regime – Why hasn’t he been given a helping hand?

If this is the way we repay the legends of our game, is there really any way we can ask for loyalty when our most loyal players are much worse off when they finish with League?

~ 740 words.

Reference: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...prince-to-pauper/story-e6frexnr-1225869991878

Bumble

First Grade
*Bumble for the Rabbitohs*

---
Opposites Attract

Round 4 – 2010. Ben Barba enters the game with the Bulldogs down by a heavy margin to Souths in their traditional Easter Monday clash. The Blue & White faithful cheer when his name is announced over the PA system, and he enters the game for the first time. In front of over 30,000 fans, Barba takes less than 15 minutes to score a try and set up another. Whilst the ‘Dogs didn’t win, their star junior could take heart in his own performance. His 2010 seasons includes a two page spread in Big League labelling him the ‘X-Factor’ and 8 tries for his struggling NRL team.

The 2005 Grand Final was the finest moment of John Skandalis’ career. A man who is a mere 4 NRL losses from losing more games than any player in history (Steve Menzies holding that dubious honour), he suffered for years with both the Magpies and the Wests Tigers before his first and only finals campaign. We all know how that worked out for Tim Sheens’ men. Despite now being 33 (34 next week), ‘Skando’ has once again come out of retirement, and is hitting the ball up in the front row for the NSW Cup’s Western Suburbs Magpies.
Which is how these two players are linked – Skando, a man who has done it all for his club, at the end of his career, playing in the NSW Cup and running water for the Wests Tigers Toyota Cup team…and Ben Barba, the 20 year old who many believe to be the future of the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs. A fortnight ago, Barba was sensationally dropped from Kevin Moore’s first grade team. Now too old for the Toyota Cup competition that he dominated for the past two seasons, Barba lined up at five-eighth for the Bulldogs when they played the Magpies this weekend…at Chester Hill’s state of the art Terry Lamb Complex.

The only seating is four or five park benches on each side of the field. There are no $6 hot-dogs and $5 Coke’s here, just cans of Kirk’s Lemon Squash and Creaming Soda for $1.50, and the usual sausage sizzle. But it’s a three-game Rugby League extravaganza on a Saturday afternoon, with the Bundy Red Cup game between Sydney Bulls and Wentworthville, the Toyota Cup between the Tigers and Bulldogs, before the showpiece event…Skando vs. Barba. Admission? A mere $3 for adults, $2 for children.

I arrived midway through the second half of the Bulls and Wenty match. I’d come to watch the Toyota Cup game for work, with a friend who was taking some photos for the Wests Magpies website. After a typically low scoring NYC clash (36-30 Bulldogs, after being down 28-8) it was time for the main event. Probably the most famous names that have taken the home field of the Chester Hill Hornets since Terry Lamb himself, some 30 years earlier. It wasn’t just Barba… Mickey Paea, Dene Halatau and Trent Cutler amongst other former first graders ran out for the Bulldogs side.

Second against fourth on the ladder didn’t disappoint. The Magpies scored first, but the Bulldogs took a 10-8 lead into the break. Much of the abuse from the Bulldogs fans in attendance was reserved for Heka Nanai, their much maligned winger. Although, Halatau gave a timely reminder to the few hundred people in attendance as to why he couldn’t crack the first grade team, dropping the ball over the try line.

Anyway, in what was a pretty interesting game, the Bulldogs ended up winning 20-14. Ben Barba set up the Bulldogs’ first in the second period and, with the score at 14-14 with a couple of minutes to go, inevitably scored the winner. Skandalis played over 50 minutes for the Magpies and looked as sharp as ever – not missing any tackles or making any errors. As if the fans needed further reminding that we were at a Suburban ground and not a NRL stadium, the lights turned themselves off with about five minutes to go. Fortunately, there was just enough light left in the afternoon sky to finish the game.

June the 5th, 2010 will probably be the only time that the flashy, young, somewhat defensively-limited ‘X-Factor’ lines up against John Skandalis – one of the most no-frills characters you’re ever going to see hit up the Steeden. But if young Barba can reach half the achievements that Skando has by the time he retires, he’ll have had a pretty good career.

Attendance: 514.

---

Words: 747

Last edited:

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
byrne_rovelli_fan82 for the Rabbitohs,

~~~

Buster ‘n’ Maloney

The problems the Warriors have faced in their history has revolved around their halves pairing. No matter how many times they tried they just couldn’t find the right combination to settle and build the team around their halves.

In 2007 it looked as though they might have done it with the arrival of Michael Witt from the Manly Sea Eagles to join Roosters and Cowboys cast-off Grant Rovelli. For much of their first season together they did a great job though not always spectacular. Still much was expected from the young duo and when they didn’t live up to the expectations from fans and the coach changes were made. This in turn affected the continuity they had earlier created at the start of the year and cracks appeared in their game.

2008 didn’t fair much better for the duo because before too long Rovelli was in and out of the side and when he was in the first grade side it would be off the bench. That selection created confusion, and when he was put into the game midway through, the current halves used at the start was shuffled around to make room for him.

Still in both seasons with the two players in the side the Warriors twice made finals football. The first in 2007 saw them bumble out early in Round 2 after facing the Eels and Cowboys even when they finished in 4th position. The next year they came up 8th on the table and went as far as the second last game before the Grand Final. Though there was the added addition of running with Nathan Fien in the halves role along with Witt and Rovelli.

2009 saw a big changing of the guard with the arrival of Joel Moon from the Broncos, touted as the guy to play 5/8. It was a confusing decision considering the form of Witt at the time. Many argued goal kicking is not the only job for a 5/8, it still played an important role, but Witt’s overall game was still intact.

Before the season started Witt was gone and that left a major hole in the halves department. Nathan Fien and Moon filled the job pretty well though they also had to contend with having the big name and old hand Stacey Jones on their heels. This caused huge problems for a variety reasons as expectations rose for all three players and soon enough the team overall failed to make an impact and it was Fien, like Rovelli the year before, found himself unwanted by the club. The club’s results spoke volumes at the end of the season and the less aid about last year the better.

So the Warriors went on the hunt and through their diggings they came upon little used James Maloney from the Melbourne Storm though he was playing NSW Cup when they found him. He’d played just a small handful of first grade games with the Storm to date. A bit more scouting and the Warriors soon had bought in experienced but erratic and outcast halfback from the Cronulla Sharks; Brett Seymour, recognized more for his off-field antics rather than his work on the field.

From what is seen of Seymour and Maloney so far this season they are looking the goods though the term is used very loosely when considering the long list of halves used in the club's history. Unfortunately though we are yet to really see the best of the pair with injuries hurting both players during games.

First it was Seymour with a broken thumb after Round 1 leaving Maloney with the job of directing the team. Then after one game together they were split up again in the next game Round 11 with Maloney injury his back. Adding further insult last week Seymour left the game early with a leg injury.

Once the two can stay fit and healthy for the club there is room for them flourish even more and establish the halfback and 5/8 roles as their own. Only time will tell if they will fall down the same paths as their previous predecessors.

One thing is for certain the Warriors must, at all costs stick with this pair and refrain from changing them unless it is absolutely necessary, if there is one lesson they should have learnt by now, it is they can’t build their team around a ‘quick fix’ and it is time to bust out a move.

~~

749 words between '~' lines according to official word counter

Pistol

Coach
Pistol takes a hitup, answering the SOS for Souths

abraham-lincoln-picture.jpg

“Four Score and Seven Years Ago…”

“FOUR SCORE AND SEVEN YEARS AGO, OUR FATHERS BROUGHT FORTH ON THIS CONTINENT A NEW NATION, CONCEIVED IN LIBERTY, AND DEDICATED TO THE PROPOSITION THAT ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL…”

last-photo-lincoln.jpg

Holy sh*t. That’s the wrong text. I’ve been reading a lot lately on the American Civil War. I’ve always been a fan of history in that respects and could at one stage memorise the order of the presidents. President Abraham Lincoln is ranked by scholars as one of the greatest presidents of the United States of America. He’s one of the best known presidents and is one of the four faces on Mount Rushmore, the others being George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Theodore Roosevelt. Lincoln presided over the period of the Civil War. It was his leadership that held the nation together and he would have seen the fruits of his labour had it not been for John Wilkes Booth pulling a trigger at Ford’s Theatre during Our American Cousin and ending the good president’s life.

But anyways, I don’t mean to pontificate and seem a tad loquacious. By now you are thinking what have I been drinking and can you have a case of it. It seems that every time I pick up a newspaper, ( a credible one, not like the Daily Telegraph), that there is some form of negative news. The game itself is fighting its own Civil War and it’s a bloody battle.

The Melbourne Storm debacle is the latest battle the game has to endure. The Storm club have been found to have cheated the cap. It’s not a small amount they crossed the line. They pole vaulted over the cap. They have to pay back the money paid to them for winning two titles and three minor premierships, and have to live with being stripped of those honours. They also have to live with being labelled as cheats.

Now being labelled as cheats is not necessarily the players fault. It’s the clandestine nature of the dealings done by the collusive Brian Waldron and his band of bean counters. It took the form payments made to players but not documented in the books presented to the NRL to give the illusion that the Storm were under the cap. Oh what a tangled web we weave.

It pretty much pisses on the progress made this season to stay out of the papers for the wrong reasons. The All Stars vs Indigenous All Stars game was something to really behold in that all the talk in the papers was on the football and the lead up to the game.

So it really doesn’t stand to reason why this business with the Storm should have happened.

Now in this day and age where perception is everything, players and officials are having to tread on egg shells so that that any negative publicity doesn’t precipitate as a result.

Fallout is also continuing now with Israel Folau crossing over to a sport where jumping and short shorts rule supreme over skill. Although not a direct result of the salary cap scandal, losing a player with the quality of Folau surely can’t be good, and certainly puts it into perspective when you think that he’ll be earning 1.5 million dollars a season in a sport where the shorts are so tight they cut off all circulation to the budgies.

Folau is following in the footsteps of Karmichael Hunt who also found his bank account accumulating some extra digits. They are not the first to jump to another code, but groundbreakers in that they went from playing a real sport like Rugby League to a past time where hopping, skipping, jumping and kicking is the order of the day. Their earnings there are not restricted to the same degree as they are in the National Rugby League.

That point can certainly be correlated to the Storm drama, but certainly can not be used as an excuse. The Storm did their best to cultivate a team but went overboard and paid the price, both literally and figuratively. They created a sea of controversy and bloodletting that not even the great man himself, Abraham Lincoln could find a peaceful solution.

-----------------------------------------

702 words

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thank you time keeper.

Great to see a full compliment of players competing from both sides.

Good luck one and all.

antonius

Coach
Bluebags

Muzby

TWIT! er...
750 Words
Does this go on?? Amusing look at what might (prob does) go on between players/ managers and so on.
Score 84

Willow

Reunification
750 Words
The writer details the history of the St George Dragons. He explains their conception, and how they became reunified with Illawarra. A well researched piece.
Score 86

Drew-Sta

A different shade of blue.
740 Words
A piece about loyalty. The writer details his own perceived disregard for loyalty, and the result of that. He compares his situation with Brett Kenny, and then both with that of Israel Folau. He asks the question, is it right to expect loyalty from players when you see how Brett Kenny has ended up. Some minor grammatical errors that didn’t affect the score. Interesting read
Score 87
Bluebags Total 257

Rabbitohs

Bumble

Opposites Attract
747 Words
Loved reading this. It conjured up memories of my early days watching the game. Sausage sangas, cheap drinks, crap lights, and good honest footy.
The writer describes watching one of the games up and comers playing against one of the games achievers in the twilight of his career. A few rough patches in the reading but made up for with the descriptive writing.
Score 87

byrne_rovelli_fan82

Buster ‘n’ Maloney
749 Words
Being a Knights fan I can see where the writer is coming from with this piece (we can’t get a pairing either). He looks at his team’s efforts to come up with a halves pairing that will succeed. No doubt one of the key ingredients to a teams success. Some spelling and grammatical errors spoilt this.
Score 82

Pistol

“Four Score and Seven Years Ago…”
703 Words
The writer gives his view on a couple of the seasons headline grabbers. The Storm scandal, and Israel Folaus’ defection. A couple of minor spelling and grammatical errors gave the impression this was rushed a tad. Could have used a bit more of the word count limit to add some omph.
Score 84

Rabbitohs Total 253

Result Bluebags 257 defeated the Rabbitohs 253
POTM- Drew-Sta, and Bumble

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
wow.. nice and close.

thank you time keep, ref & souths...

great game one & all, well done to drew & bumble..

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Congratulations to both teams on making it a great contest. Well played Rabbitohs and commiserations. Good luck for the rest of the year.

Thanks ref - another super fast turnaround.

:clap: POTMs Drew-Sta and Bumble.

In the tub with you baggers. Let's drink the rest of muzby's beer. Onwards and upwards. :thumn