What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Win Over saints

The Rosco

Bench
What a great game, and great finish !!!

Marshall, Ryan, Fulton, Galloway, Farah, Utai, Lawrence, all big games.

Saints didn't choke tonight, they were already in choke mode from last week.

Tonight they played a good game. Just not good enough :D.

The silence from the banner weilding lunatics was brilliant.

To outgun Manly then Saints in a fortnight is just magic !!

Do we start to get excited yet ?

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm pretty excited right now.

What a win. What a game. Two performances like that in a row is pretty much as good as it gets.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I was at the game. Great atmosphere sitting among the Tigers fans. SFS is an excellent ground - I was high enough to see the plays but also close to the field. The last two Tigers tries were scored at my end and the key moves from Ryan to Marshall and then Lawrence to Ryan happened right in front of me. Tigers fans were going berserk.

One factor that impressed me tonight was the defensive pressure by the Tigers. The kicking game was good and then the whole team would pile on in defence. Good tactics that paid off. Utai had a poor game, don't know what he was thinking. Beau Ryan played really well.

Utai?! Are you serious?

Dare I mention his name but Lui was the best of the playmakers...

Oh and Ryan was the best of the back three.

Tigerm

First Grade
I was at the game. Great atmosphere sitting among the Tigers fans. SFS is an excellent ground - I was high enough to see the plays but also close to the field. The last two Tigers tries were scored at my end and the key moves from Ryan to Marshall and then Lawrence to Ryan happened right in front of me. Tigers fans were going berserk.

One factor that impressed me tonight was the defensive pressure by the Tigers. The kicking game was good and then the whole team would pile on in defence. Good tactics that paid off. Utai had a poor game, don't know what he was thinking. Beau Ryan played really well.
Agree on the defence, I thought it was semi final stuff, the first half D was so strong from both sides, if we keep that intensity up we are a big show.
Interesting comment on Utai, On the telly, it looked liked he played strong?

Last edited:

magpie guy

Juniors
Tonights game was won on defence IMO. We certainly did look better in that aspect tonight when Gibbs was on. Heigho also put on some good hits when he has his second stint in the second half.

Payten looked off the pace for mine, but that is to be expected. Thought that Utai was going to lose the game for us on several occasions with missed defensive reads, dropped balls and trying to hit Gasnier in the final minutes.

Moltzen is still not a fullback.

macnaz

Staff member
Utai runs the ball back hard and takes pressure of the forwards and thats all he has. He makes f**k all breaks, lacks speed, is suss under a high ball and makes some bad defencive reads... Brown for one would offer plenty more than him

Tiger05

First Grade
Utai runs the ball back hard and takes pressure of the forwards and thats all he has. He makes f**k all breaks, lacks speed, is suss under a high ball and makes some bad defencive reads... Brown for one would offer plenty more than him

Your right but his go forward is a huge asset.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Congrats fellas. That was one hell of a game. Not disappointed to go down fighting at all and I can appreciate good footy regardless my team being on the wrong side of the result.

Long way back for us, but I'll never give in and last night proved neither will my team.

Quite funny that I heard from blokes who follow the Tiges I haven't heard from since my wedding in February 2009 ringing up to say G'day :lol:

Last edited:

innsaneink

Referee
Unbelievable atmosphere there....quite a rivalry with some epic games between the two clubs now...nerve wracking that was last night and being down the other end to where all the fuss was in the last minute didnt help
Amazing game

N.C.

Juniors
Bizarre game. Still trying to work out whether to laugh or cry. We had all the possession and field position in the first 40 to have run up a sensible lead - and yet we went in to the sheds at half-time with a deficit... Then all that business during the last two minutes... Couldn't really see what was going on from where I was sitting but apparently we managed to keep in front. That's what matters.

As for Utai - I thought he played a shocker. Putting his foot to a loose ball lead to a change in possession that finished with the Saints first try; dropping the ball cold off Marshall - just as Marshall was starting to open things up down the right hand side... He just kept putting us under pressure when what we needed was a fast finisher.

That kid in the 20's looked pretty good from where I was sitting... The only player still standing when the rest of the team was already beaten.

macnaz

Staff member
Also u mentioned our posession and the half time score, Moltzen cost us 6 when he butchered a try and Benji missed an easy goal so we should have had 8 points on the board really.

mepelthwack

Juniors
Im confident we can beat anyone with our attack as long as we defend to last nights level.
However we all know the Tigers are prone to shockers against lower sides. Hopefully we can win 3 of the next 4.

Tiger05

First Grade
Also u mentioned our posession and the half time score, Moltzen cost us 6 when he butchered a try and Benji missed an easy goal so we should have had 8 points on the board really.

Thats right. Moltzen bombed a try then. He just seems to be lacking a degree of confidence at the moment.

innsaneink

Referee
Thats right. Moltzen bombed a try then. He just seems to be lacking a degree of confidence at the moment.

Haha youre such a laugh

"can get back there any time"

Bwahahaha :lol:

I think your trolling is a tad childish too, dont you?

dumpy

Juniors
Timid Moltzen was terrible, can't catch,defends with fingers and did inability to pass ball when try was on. Should had been dropped weeks ago - our biggest unnecessary liability and replaced with Maloney/Meaney. Tigers defended well cutting off dragons favourite moves except for 1 time. Benji did a couple of bad moves running back into defence but also came up with a couple of ripper moves especially face ball to Ellis, through to hard straight running Lawrence and onto Ryan and then to Benji for well deserving great try. This effort has to be just the start if they want to proceed.