What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wine thread

_Johnsy

Referee
Thought it may be an idea to have a thread dedicated to nice drops people have recently had.

I had a cracker of a red on the weekend, absolutely gorgeous & not bad value considering the quality.

wine47233.jpg

Bazal

Post Whore
What vintage Keyneton? Awesome wine. This thread will be cluttered by uncultured swine pretty quick though :p

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
where do I start, love a good red

hey Bazs, backed a dog last month Bazshiraz, wont at 12-1

$60, go you good thing

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
had a Hugo McLaren Vale 2006 Cab Sav on Sat nite

it was up there, about 8.5 out of 10, for $18 it tasted more like a $30 bottle of red

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yeah I like the Cab Sav too but the missus prefers the Cab Merlot so thats what we usually end up getting lol

Bazal

Post Whore
Seeing as I've gone for a hearty Spanish stew for dinner, I've cracked a bottle of 2009 Running With Bulls Tempranillo. Can't cook without a glass of wine :p

It's really nice, soft, lots of cherry, good oak, nice depth and tannins. Should go great with the food.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I generally go by the rule that if you pay say less than $16 for a bottle of red, its gonna be shit.

I generally pay around $20 to $25

_Johnsy

Referee
Twiz,

I was extremely cynical of the difference the wine aerators make, however I got one and a decanter for my last b’day.

We sat down poured a small glass straight from the bottle, the rest into the decanter through the aerator. Then had a sip from each glass and there was a definite difference, the aerated wine much smoother.

Latest posts