What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wine thread

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Yeah that's about what I expected... although NGL I wish I could get any Sorby Adams wine for $8.72 lol. Looks like I was pretty close to spot on with the Rod Easthope.

It's always stuck with me, so I remember the Cradle Bay Sav Blanc that's always 6 for 36 at Coles (or used to be) was $2.72 landed. And it sold for $15 at First Choice. More at LL I think.

Agree re Sorby lol.

Yeah, the Cradle Bay SB sounds like Tier 4 blend. Which is basically straight from the cats litter box straight to the bottle. There were a few parcels back in... I'm going to say v14 - v17 where some big volumes of bulk were going very, very cheap. Frank Tate was selling me a Marl SB for $4.5++ which was extraordinary for me at the time. I remember blasting over the phone at $12.99 and making 50 points on it inc BDF.

Better times...

Bazal

Post Whore
Agree re Sorby lol.

Yeah, the Cradle Bay SB sounds like Tier 4 blend. Which is basically straight from the cats litter box straight to the bottle. There were a few parcels back in... I'm going to say v14 - v17 where some big volumes of bulk were going very, very cheap. Frank Tate was selling me a Marl SB for $4.5++ which was extraordinary for me at the time. I remember blasting over the phone at $12.99 and making 50 points on it inc BDF.

Better times...

Tbh on quality I'd say Tier 4 is generous lol

But people lap it up ofc. Well, they did. I haven't even cared enough to walk into a First Choice since I left. Apart from once to buy an Ardbeg about 2-3 years ago

horrie hastings

First Grade
Tbh on quality I'd say Tier 4 is generous lol

But people lap it up ofc. Well, they did. I haven't even cared enough to walk into a First Choice since I left. Apart from once to buy an Ardbeg about 2-3 years ago

Yes but as you say people still lap it up, really though in our shop the demand Cradle Bay has really dropped off, currently on special for $8, it seems to move only if we run out of Story Bay Sav Blanc Sem .
I love Drew -Sta's summary of it, straight from the cat litter tray to the bottle, so spot on.
I have cut down my hours to two days a week now and do the odd Sunday shift as extras, just no interest in the company anymore , just gives me enough play money till i retire which is not far off, just have to really use up my sick leave before then.

Latest posts