What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wing Gone

probably the 100th thread on this but still should be one here

Craig Wing to leave Roosters

Roosters hooker Craig Wing has advised club Chairman Nick Politis that he will be leaving the Roosters at the end of the season and taking up a 4 year contract with South Sydney.
Craig has been a Rooster for eight (8) years and was the halfback in the 2002 premiership victory and a key player for the club in 4 grand final appearances.
Craig confirmed whilst the Roosters offer was higher, he felt more comfortable accepting the Souths offer, as it was a guaranteed 4 year commitment against the Roosters 2 years with a 2 year option. He also indicated that it would be his last contract in Australia.
Roosters CEO Brian Canavan said the club was disappointed to lose such an outstanding player and clubman but could not commit to a guaranteed 4 year offer when there was so much uncertainty in the game today and salary cap restrictions.
"Whilst wishing Craig all the best, we understand he had to make a business decision and now the Roosters will move forward under our youth policy to further develop players like Mitchell Pearce, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Danny Williams, Mitch Aubusson, Setaimata Sa and many others for 2008 and beyond. It is always hard to lose a player who came to the club as a promising junior and has developed into an international.”

http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/news.php?ArticleID=2588

anyone really care? should play the rest of the year in premier league, will he have his mind on the job?

Dave Q

Coach
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
probably the 100th thread on this but still should be one here

Craig Wing to leave Roosters

Roosters hooker Craig Wing has advised club Chairman Nick Politis that he will be leaving the Roosters at the end of the season and taking up a 4 year contract with South Sydney.
Craig has been a Rooster for eight (8) years and was the halfback in the 2002 premiership victory and a key player for the club in 4 grand final appearances.
Craig confirmed whilst the Roosters offer was higher, he felt more comfortable accepting the Souths offer, as it was a guaranteed 4 year commitment against the Roosters 2 years with a 2 year option. He also indicated that it would be his last contract in Australia.
Roosters CEO Brian Canavan said the club was disappointed to lose such an outstanding player and clubman but could not commit to a guaranteed 4 year offer when there was so much uncertainty in the game today and salary cap restrictions.
"Whilst wishing Craig all the best, we understand he had to make a business decision and now the Roosters will move forward under our youth policy to further develop players like Mitchell Pearce, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Danny Williams, Mitch Aubusson, Setaimata Sa and many others for 2008 and beyond. It is always hard to lose a player who came to the club as a promising junior and has developed into an international.”

http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/news.php?ArticleID=2588

anyone really care? should play the rest of the year in premier league, will he have his mind on the job?

He's still playing very well, I'd be inclined to keep selecting him in FG.

When Ash Harrison signed for the roosters, he still played FG and was highly regarded by us despite his defection.

Wing is a Souths junior who fought hard in the battle to keep us in the NRL.

He has provided excellent service to the Roosters and should be granted the courtesy ( provided he keeps up his form) to see his days out there in relative selection comfort.

At Souths, we are all very excited by his signing, as apart from his good form, there is symbolic value in his return- "buying back the farm" is the anology.

He wants to come home, lets respect his wishes. Its not like he hasnt given you 100%.

Sugar

Bench
Im happy we have signed him.
With all the fuss about Wing coming home ETC>ETC>ETC,Im not to fussed if he was a roosters or any other clubs junior it is still a good signing for us.

Dave Q

Coach
He wasnt a roosters junior.

He was a Souths junior, they slurped him off after we were expelled.

He's been a fine servant for them, they have nought to complain about.

The Roosters youth policy sounds interesting.

Shrekky should give them some much needed startch.

Sugar

Bench
Dave Q said:
He wasnt a roosters junior.

He was a Souths junior, they slurped him off after we were expelled.

He's been a fine servant for them, they have nought to complain about.

The Roosters youth policy sounds interesting.

Shrekky should give them some much needed startch.
I know he is a souths junior Dave;-) .

What i meant was i wouldn't care where he came from he is a great addition.

Dave Q

Coach
RWB said:
Sad to see him go, 8 years. Great servant

Good luck Wingy!

Thats what I said about Ash Harrison. I'd like to see him come home as well, although I think he was a bronco originally.

I'd be slotting Wingy in at 5/8, Rogers at interchange, Jeremy Smith to stay at half until Eddie is ready.

Maybe the Roosters want Joey Williams?

mick13

Juniors
Dave Q said:
Thats what I said about Ash Harrison. I'd like to see him come home as well, although I think he was a bronco originally.

I'd be slotting Wingy in at 5/8, Rogers at interchange, Jeremy Smith to stay at half until Eddie is ready.

Maybe the Roosters want Joey Williams?

You can keep Joey Williams!

jilliby kitty

Juniors
The right of reply

Concerning my ejection form this forum last week I would like to state my case as I was not allowed to last week publicly

(1) the story I posted was deleted for the reason that my story was somehow untrue .i gave my source as sky news obviously the moderator failed to check this before acting . as it was directly supported by the tele 5/3/007 pages 2 ANTI TERROR UNIT,,,,”

(2) to this end the judgement and impartiality of Diablo must be questioned. the said moderator deleted the post without any notification. then proceeded to delete other posts.Asking why? While saying nothing .if this is moderators “BEST PRACTICE” then say so and we can all leave this place to the thumpers

(3) there was clamed to be a plethora of notification .this is untrue .i received
messages. email notification basically only saying “you got a private messages” most
of these Messages were in reply to me asking first if I was visible then asking who
was deleting my posts. 4 or 5 Hours later Diablo finally mailed that he was the
coward deleting posts without notification

(4)as I was finding every thing I said being deleted by the alleged coward I proceeded to
post sarcastic comments at the end of posts with the intention of pissing off the said
coward .but as there is a time component in the site that interrupts this a flooding it
boot my arse as a consequence

(5) at the time I was truly ropable. I had returned from watching parra choke .and in fine
Spirts, Was looking forward to a little word play. had the alleged coward reported his
dubious deeds I would have acknowledged it and moved on but as he neither did this
nor indicated that he was deleting posts .i keep asking to the point where I called the
alleged coward a “gutless c” .i don’t retract this .and say to the shrieking princesses.
buy a box of tissues .
in the words of john singleton “people who don’t use words like f & c shouldn’t
be playing rugby league”(here here) and as this is still and RL I’ll live with that

(6) the agenda now is Diablo should come forward and give reason why he act so ineptly.
Was he goaded into doing this by a third party ?did he act alone in so should surrender
his moderating privileges as this is clearly beyond his capabilities

Just quietly

Jilliby kitty

To willow and dud-blow

Why don’t you stand up you cowards .you read this all the time .you defend the people who post genocide threads yet have banned me for telling the truth .yet have never given a reason expect that your weak liars .I will have my day rest assured.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
You can keep Williams and you can have Wing back........throw in Amos and I'm happy.

I remember when Wing signed and after a few games he was NRL on FOX with Murray and I distinctly remember him saying that he was really happy he signed with the Roosters he always like the Roosters just quietly with a huge grin on his face.....

Have him back he is chasing money and stability once he gets it he'll rest on his laurels again.

even if williams come our way, he will be a jets player at best, the club isn't gonna shift pearce out of the way lol

funny how everyone who's upset at wing leaving aren't roosters supporters :lol: everyone our way doesn't give a sh*t, ask any of us, he's been a complete pratt since 2003, he'll negotiate a get out clause in his contract, because souths are like desperate virgins seeking sex they'll oblige, as soon as JT does something wing doesn't like he'll be in england, noooooo chance wing will see out 4 years at souths

funny coincidence souths are desperate to punt galavao (who doesn't want to leave, and why would you? money for nothing) when they're after wing :lol: mr schubert is heading your way

ozzie

Bench
I reckon he is on the slide - someone is not watching him just his name. He isn't as quick as he once was - he is noooo half back and quiet frankly I really couldn't care a rats that he has left. It certainly is no major loss. he has been on a down hill slide for near one year

Tupou_Torpedo

Juniors
So with Flannery, Wing, and possibly Roberts out, and O Meley in anyone know where the Roosters stand under the cap next season?

Who else could be cleared out?