What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wing out to launch bid for NSW No.7

Big Mick

Referee
IMO NSW should be:

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Michael Jennings
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Todd Carney
8. Brett White
9. Robbie Farah
10. Ben Cross
11. Willie Mason
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Greg Bird

14. Mark O'Meley
15. Paul Gallen
16. Luke O'Donnell
17. Kurt Gidley

Big Mick © said:
IMO NSW should be:

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Michael Jennings
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Todd Carney
8. Brett White
9. Robbie Farah
10. Ben Cross
11. Willie Mason
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Greg Bird

14. Mark O'Meley
15. Paul Gallen
16. Trent Waterhouse
17. Kurt Gidley

that team would get lapped.

mxlegend99

Referee
Possibly, but you highlighted the wrong player. Michael Jennings sh*ts all over Jamie Lyon. Infact, most players in the NRL do.

Except for maybe Manly supporters, i doubt you would find too many people arguing Jamie Lyon is worth of a spot. Unless he comes out this year in peak form. In which case i'd happily throw him in the team (at his best he was a great centre).

mxlegend99 said:
Possibly, but you highlighted the wrong player. Michael Jennings sh*ts all over Jamie Lyon. Infact, most players in the NRL do.

Except for maybe Manly supporters, i doubt you would find too many people arguing Jamie Lyon is worth of a spot. Unless he comes out this year in peak form. In which case i'd happily throw him in the team (at his best he was a great centre).
i do.

jamie lyon is one of the most talented CENTRES going around.

put him there and see if he shows his old form.

hes not a 6.

the closest jennings will get to origin is watching it home

NthKnight

Big Mick © said:
IMO NSW should be:

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Michael Jennings
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Todd Carney
8. Brett White
9. Robbie Farah
10. Ben Cross
11. Willie Mason
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Greg Bird

14. Mark O'Meley
15. Paul Gallen
16. Trent Waterhouse
17. Kurt Gidley

Pi$$ off White, Lyon, Jennings and Waterhouse and replace them with Bailey, Cooper, Grothe and O'Donnell and youve got yourself a side with some hope of winning.

mxlegend99

Referee
dallymessenger said:
i do.

jamie lyon is one of the most talented CENTRES going around.

put him there and see if he shows his old form.

hes not a 6.

the closest jennings will get to origin is watching it home
Bahaha. One of the most talented centres? Jamie Lyon is useless in attack.

Jamie Lyons stats for the last 5 rounds:
Round 25 (Dragons): 21 tackles/5 missed. 4 tackle breaks.
Round 24 (Warriors): 13 tackles/2 missed. 3 tackle breaks/1 try.
Round 23 (Souths): 17 tackles/2 missed. 0 tackle breaks.
Round 22 (Knights): 20 tackles/2 missed. 2 tackle breaks/2 tries.
Round 21 (Broncos): 17 tackles/4 missed. 4 tackle breaks/2 linebreaks.

Michael Jennings in the same games:
Round 25 (Warriors): 16 tackles/4 missed. 4 tackle breaks.
Round 24 (Roosters): 12 tackles/0 missed. 1 tackle break.
Round 23 (Knights): 10 tackles/4 missed. 6 tackles breaks/3 line breaks/3 tries
Round 22 (Cowboys): 20 tackles/3 missed. 6 tackle breaks/1 line break/2 tries
Round 21 (Souths): 12 tackles/1 missed. 6 tackle breaks/1 line break/2 tries

Michael Jennings Total: 70 tackles/12 missed (~83% success rate). 23 tackle breaks/5 linebreaks/7 tries.
Jamie Lyon Total: 88 tackles/15 missed (~83% success rate). 13 tackle breaks/2 linebreaks/2 tries.

So aside from getting in the way of the opposition, Jamie Lyon is useless. Infact, his defence stats aren't much better anyway. Also, his origin record last year was 2 games and 2 losses. Blues record without him was 1 game, 1 win.

Big Mick

Referee
see thats the thing.

Every NSW tool goes Cooper, Gasnier, Lyon, Bailey....they've been in every freaking side...and guess what...they lost...its not freakin working.

Get your head on and think about it...gotta try something different otherwise...it'll be the same result.

THose guys are not young and not getting better. QLD are young...AND getting better

so what makes you guys think...picking the same sh*t team year in year out is gonna change anything?

mxlegend99 said:
Bahaha. One of the most talented centres? Jamie Lyon is useless in attack.

Jamie Lyons stats for the last 5 rounds:
Round 25 (Dragons): 21 tackles/5 missed. 4 tackle breaks.
Round 24 (Warriors): 13 tackles/2 missed. 3 tackle breaks/1 try.
Round 23 (Souths): 17 tackles/2 missed. 0 tackle breaks.
Round 22 (Knights): 20 tackles/2 missed. 2 tackle breaks/2 tries.
Round 21 (Broncos): 17 tackles/4 missed. 4 tackle breaks/2 linebreaks.

Michael Jennings in the same games:
Round 25 (Warriors): 16 tackles/4 missed. 4 tackle breaks.
Round 24 (Roosters): 12 tackles/0 missed. 1 tackle break.
Round 23 (Knights): 10 tackles/4 missed. 6 tackles breaks/3 line breaks/3 tries
Round 22 (Cowboys): 20 tackles/3 missed. 6 tackle breaks/1 line break/2 tries
Round 21 (Souths): 12 tackles/1 missed. 6 tackle breaks/1 line break/2 tries

Michael Jennings Total: 70 tackles/12 missed (~83% success rate). 23 tackle breaks/5 linebreaks/7 tries.
Jamie Lyon Total: 88 tackles/15 missed (~83% success rate). 13 tackle breaks/2 linebreaks/2 tries.

So aside from getting in the way of the opposition, Jamie Lyon is useless. Infact, his defence stats aren't much better anyway. Also, his origin record last year was 2 games and 2 losses. Blues record without him was 1 game, 1 win.

again those stats are for lyon at five eigth.

what are his stats as a centre.

Big Mick © said:
see thats the thing.

Every NSW tool goes Cooper, Gasnier, Lyon, Bailey....they've been in every freaking side...and guess what...they lost...its not freakin working.

Get your head on and think about it...gotta try something different otherwise...it'll be the same result.

THose guys are not young and not getting better. QLD are young...AND getting better

so what makes you guys think...picking the same sh*t team year in year out is gonna change anything?
nsw forwards and outside backs arent the problem.

its just the halves really

nsw have some really good mobile forwards

mxlegend99 said:

Lyon should be charged with impersonating a football player.

As for Wing...i always thought he was a better impact player off the bench. great dummy half running when the opposition is tired.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I actually like Craig wong at five eight because is is very quick off the mark and has a low centre of gravity, makes him very swift. But because his best years are behind him, his footy brain is probably best suited in the hooker role.

I see him being good in the halves, but I think it will ware off later on in the year.

mxlegend99

Referee
dallymessenger said:
again those stats are for lyon at five eigth.

what are his stats as a centre.
He played a few of those games at centre. He should play at lock if anywhere IMO.

dallymessenger said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_league/super_league/4328572.stm

fair effort for a guy that cant play.

even barrett didnt win that award last year
He was one of the best centres in the world before he left the Eels. He carved up in the UK. No one is denying he WAS a great centre.

But in the time he was away, he didn't improve at all. Infact he probably got considerably worse. But it didn't matter in the UK. At any rate, the quality of backs in Australia has improved alot since he left.

some fair points, but i still think weve not seen the real jamie lyon at manly.

im not prepared to write him off.

ive seen the guy be one of the best centres for ages. ill bet if they chucked him in there now and found someone else at 6 hed kill it

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I personally think that Jamie Lyon has played as we all expected him to, we just didnt expect for the batch of juniors to come through after him (Hayne, Inglis, Folau, Inu, Lawrence, Jennings, etc) were going to be alot better.

f**knig penrith fans!
for all we know the panthers played the 5 weakest teams in the last 5 rounds (although they cant play themselves) so those stats could be a load of bullsh*t

i wont name what i think should be nsw backline because i think it should be whoever has the best form at the time,

Head is a better 7 than most

Latest posts