What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winners and losers of the trials so far

billy2

Juniors
5 'winners'

Korbin Sims - huge step up in form
Bedsy - proved he is still a gun
Mick Votu - a future star from nowhere
Chanel Mata'utia - still a year to go in NYC, but two trials with the senior squad says he will play seniors
Kevin Naiqama - Wayne loves him

5 'Losers'

Daine Laurie - looks really fit, but can't seem to crack it for a firstgrade trial
Rod Mason - really fit looking but struggled in the first trial and hasn't got another shot
Ethan Cook - got a bench spot in the first trial and nothing since
Sam Anderson - don't think he has even got a run
Ervan Tui - dropped

Last edited:

Haffa

For someone like Chanel is the NYC a better option for development than playing for the Centurions?

Footin mouth

Juniors
5 'winners'

Korbin Sims - huge step up in form
Bedsy - proved he is still a gun
Mick Votu - a future star from nowhere
Chanel Mata'utia - still a year to go in NYC, but two trials with the senior squad says he will play seniors
Kevin Naiqama - Wayne loves him

5 'Losers'

Daine Laurie - looks really fit, but can't seem to crack it for a firstgrade trial
Rod Mason - really fit looking but struggled in the first trial and hasn't got another shot
Ethan Cook - got a bench spot in the first trial and nothing since
Sam Anderson - don't think he has even got a run
Ervan Tui - dropped

Very Interesting winneres and losers Billy. Any part timers with a chance?

Frederick

Staff member
I think Ethan cooks time has passed. I can't see him cracking first grade this year at all

perverse

Referee
I think Ethan cooks time has passed. I can't see him cracking first grade this year at all
that's a big call, given that this is his first season not eligible for under 20's. forwards generally take a bit longer to develop.

i think i see what you mean, though. there are only about 50 blokes ahead of him at the moment or something. it would seemingly take a major injury catastrophe, or a plane carrying our first grade team to crash, in order for him to get game time.

i'm still not gonna write him off yet by any means. too early for that, for mine.

billy2

Juniors
Cook has a big motor and lots of skills.
He might not be strong enough for firstgrade yet, but lots of guys need a year in NSW cup - Eddy did, House did, Taia did.
He probably won't crack firstgrade this year, but i'll back him to get there before Kyle O'Donnell does.

If he plays 121 games of firstgrade and gets paid a million dollars before he is 25 - like Mullo - he will be pretty happy with his career.
If Cooke plays 121 first grade games before he is 25 he will need a start in round one and have to be injury free for the next five years. Good luck. Mullo is in his eighth year of grade FFS. He was 17 when he made his debut. That is four years head start on Cooke even if the above was to ever eventuate. No doubt he would be happy. Anyone would. I hope Cooke plays first grade as I rate him highly. I think you raps on him are correct.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
that's a big call, given that this is his first season not eligible for under 20's. forwards generally take a bit longer to develop.

i think i see what you mean, though. there are only about 50 blokes ahead of him at the moment or something. it would seemingly take a major injury catastrophe, or a plane carrying our first grade team to crash, in order for him to get game time.

i'm still not gonna write him off yet by any means. too early for that, for mine.

and now you've done it... thanks for ruining 2012:(

billy2

Juniors
They have cut Chad Redman, Will Smith and Chanel Mata'utia's profiles from the senior squad - but looks like Korbin Sims is now part of the senior squad.

Big Tim

First Grade
I think Cooke will play Firsts, but probably needs a year cutting his teeth in NSW Cup.

In saying that, I did always wonder why he played NYC right up to his last year, I would think a talented kid would be better served playing NSW Cup if we are preparing him for FG.

Latest posts