What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winning the Ruck

Zigwaa

Bench
How many times were we caught with one marker or no marker on Friday night, way too many.

Too many times we had players laying on the ground after a tackle, Tyrell, McQueen and Crocker were caught a lot. Robbie Farah tore us apart.

Not enought times did we have 3 men in the tackle and peel off.

Is this what Tallis job is in coaching staff? A lot more work needed in this area.

McQueen needs to be dropped frmo the bench, there's no room for him as a utility. Need Peats in that role imo.

BranVan3000

Coach
Yeah seriously our markers were a joke, if they actually stayed in their position they wouldn't chase the ball but most of the time they just left without a marker lol

Midnight Rabbit

Juniors
McQueen is a damn winger and if Lang is so adamant of having him as a backrower have him learn it for the bears or play him in his correct spot on the wing, give him Talanoa's spot if he doesn't want to play young guys (which he doesn't unless injuries occur). Our ruck defense has always been terrible as soon as Stuart goes off and it's only going to get worse now. Love Issac but wow he has become a liabilty in defense up the middle, he's dreadful. When a team spreads it we look like we are going to wet ourselves, our structure is woeful.

Whoever structured our defense has alot to answer for as do the players themselves, We are a bunch of jersey grabbers and to be buggered after 15mins last week raises further questions about fitness etc. Bleh I don't know what coach can help make these players smarter footballers because they show the same stupidity consistantly and has become so habitual I cannot see it changing, especially this year.

themacemaceman

Juniors
McQueen didnt have a good game last week but I think he has played well above my expectations this year and deserves another chance. He hasnt nearly had 1/10th of the chances of Talanoa.

We are conceeding on average 29 points a game. Im not sure how we can improve this and not sure if Johny or Gordie knows either.

Galeforce

Bench
Talanoa is starting to remind me of Hegarty when he runs from dummy half, a crabby run which seldom does anything except waste a tackle.

KKW

Juniors
What's the go with burgess carrying on like a pork chop on the field everytime one of his team mates stuffs up. I realise he's a pom and whingeing is part of his DNA but can't he leave it till after the game.