What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winx2016 v Sunline 2000

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Thousand Guineas win was outrageous

Injuries and being owned by Coolmore just crueled any chance of her being up there in that elite level. Same as Nechita, Pierro, Vancouver and plenty of others.

Irish dweebs are too concerned about breeding than the good of the sport. People love champion horses, they should be running for as long as possible.
Is Dermott Weld Irish?

Is so, I rest my case. The merkin is an absolute merkin of the highest order.

Foz

Bench
The field Sunline beat was way better than what Winx beat.
Having said that I couldn't pick which one was the better performance.

Sphagnum

Coach
I can't help but feel Winx would beat sunline more times than not. sunline liked to grind her opposition into the dust but her 2000m record away from the valley wasn't impressive. She got all the perfect conditions for her 7 length romp but had nowhere near the turn of foot or stamina that Winx possesses.

Will got down as one of the greats considering she just gets more and more unbeatable every prep.

I can't help but feel Winx would beat sunline more times than not. sunline liked to grind her opposition into the dust but her 2000m record away from the valley wasn't impressive. She got all the perfect conditions for her 7 length romp but had nowhere near the turn of foot or stamina that Winx possesses.

Will got down as one of the greats considering she just gets more and more unbeatable every prep.
Perfect conditions
Lol
Have you watched the race
Outside barrier
5 wide out of the straight with the pace right on
Only got outside the leader at the 1500. With the pace still on .
So they gassed her for the first 500 Mtrs
She covered plenty of extra ground .
Had a small breather for 400 Mtrs before Childs let her go again .

Bolted away to win by 7

If that's getting perfect conditions then you're on a different planet to the rest of us

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Winx is a overrated donkey until she wins an overseas group 1 like Sunline(Hong Kong Mile) did in my book,no excuses for that donkey to not go overseas these days when you consider So You Think,Starspangledbanner,Takeover Target,Haradasun,Chautauqua,Scenic Blast,Ortensia,Buffering,Miss Andretti,Choisir,Elvstroem,Black Caviar etc etc etc all won big races overseas in recent times.

Chris Waller and Winx's owners are soft if she never races overseas.

Game Set Sunline

Sphagnum

Coach
Perfect conditions
Lol
Have you watched the race
Outside barrier
5 wide out of the straight with the pace right on
Only got outside the leader at the 1500. With the pace still on .
So they gassed her for the first 500 Mtrs
She covered plenty of extra ground .
Had a small breather for 400 Mtrs before Childs let her go again .

Bolted away to win by 7

If that's getting perfect conditions then you're on a different planet to the rest of us

The track was almost bottomless, very hard to make up ground all day she was a swimmer who loved to high ball in front.

Perfect conditions.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Anyone else see Winx's trial? holy f**k

Hughey looked like he was almost trying to run last on her, but she pulled to the outside and just absolutely motored to the line the last 150m-100m was unbelievable.

Ain't nothing going to get close to her this prep, well any noob Aussie horses anyways.

Anyone else see Winx's trial? holy f**k

Hughey looked like he was almost trying to run last on her, but she pulled to the outside and just absolutely motored to the line the last 150m-100m was unbelievable.

Ain't nothing going to get close to her this prep, well any noob Aussie horses anyways.

Royal Symphony with a 7kg advantage. :wink: