What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Withers needs to go!

PRKLCD

Juniors
Simple - he did nothing tonight, has done nothing all year! Doesn't play like a halfback, doesn't call the plays, doesn't direct the game and goes missing! In fact I would love to know how many times he touched the ball in the first half.

SHOCKING!!

Bench him - or drop him!

legend

Coach
Someone will have to make way for Woolford when we play the Broncos. He is too crucial to our season and I think Carney will be the one to go.

Will Phil be available by then because we are starting to look a little stronger in the forwards and Frawley gives us some size and pace in the backs. Having Phil and Germ back for the Broncos game will be a huge bonus for the team.

PRKLCD

Juniors
legend said:
Someone will have to make way for Woolford when we play the Broncos. He is too crucial to our season and I think Carney will be the one to go.

Will Phil be available by then because we are starting to look a little stronger in the forwards and Frawley gives us some size and pace in the backs. Having Phil and Germ back for the Broncos game will be a huge bonus for the team.

Withers did nothing. You could put tounge in as halfback and he would do a better job.

Looking forward to Germ getting back

Timbo

Staff member
Withers showed his value with his hits on Muss-He stopped him dead in every encounter.

Withers needs to be used off the bench as a defencive weapon.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
I thought withers started to play himself into form tonight he was good IMO not great but hes not far away from a big game IMO

aussies1st

Staff member
I would put Carney in at halfback, he showed glimpse of his running game, can't see him taking over the kicking game with Smith still around. Withers to the bench and Tounge back at 13.

Kris_man

Bench
Mullins_y2k said:
I thought withers started to play himself into form tonight he was good IMO not great but hes not far away from a big game IMO.
TiTTieS_[CNTDN] said:
Well said
You've both lost any hint of credibility you may have had. Withers was nothing short of atrocious; there were no signs of improving his attack whatsoever, in fact, it looks like he's getting worse. Like I said on the GH, how long Elliott persists with him is a test of his stupidity.

aussies1st

Staff member
If only we could sub him off when we attack and bring him on when we defend cause thats all hes good at these days.

Edwahu

Bench
He won the coaches award last year after a pretty average season. You guys actually think he might get dropped? He is an Elliot favourite.

aussies1st

Staff member
Put him on the bench then Elliott still has his wonder boy in the team. It worked with the Dragons so why not go back to that.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Kris_man said:
You've both lost any hint of credibility you may have had. Withers was nothing short of atrocious; there were no signs of improving his attack whatsoever, in fact, it looks like he's getting worse. Like I said on the GH, how long Elliott persists with him is a test of his stupidity.
Looks like we fell in to line with you then, Kris_man. The way you speak on these forums, anybody would think you're the national coach.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Withers has nothing.
Can't pass, definately can't kick. His kicks for touch make about 5 metres.
His defense is very patchy, over-rated some may say.

Carney is a genuine ball player, but is being mis-used. He's not involved but that has to do with the master that is Matt Elliot who calls for MIDFIELD BOMBS every set.

It's a no brainer for me!

Kris_man

Bench
TiTTieS_[CNTDN] said:
Looks like we fell in to line with you then, Kris_man. The way you speak on these forums, anybody would think you're the national coach.
Cheers bro.

Bay56

First Grade
Kman might not be the national coach but two FG coaches before Elliott had the similar views ... ie Withers is an impact hooker off the bench ... Elliott in his wisdom had intentions of making him a half when he signed him, and as we know changing tact for Elliott is about as immediate as the turning circle of the Titanic.

PRKLCD

Juniors
When someone watches the replay this week can you count how many times he touches the ball in play in the first half.

There was at least 3 times he didn't touch the ball in a complete set of six. How a halfback can get away with that is beyond me!!!

Can't we give him to souths or the gold coast??

Maybe Mclinden can get him a run in the Super League??

Worst number 7 in the game!!!

aussies1st

Staff member
Withers is not a number 7. Just ask the Tigers how he went at 7!
We brought him from the Dragons when he was having an impact from the bench playing at hooker. Why on earth we wanted to change that is beyond me.

Latest posts