What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Without a doubt a case for Perth

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
More to the point, how does an adult man justify spending their day effectively engaging in the sporting equivalent of "my dad could beat up your dad" and decades later think that's a good reason to bring back North Sydney?

Lol - I guess it's lucky that none of what he says is true because I see your point, it would be a concern if it was

ReddFelon

Juniors
Lol - I guess it's lucky that none of what he says is true because I see your point, it would be a concern if it was
Let me tell you about the time my sister and I were traveling through Ceduna, stopped for some oysters kilpatrick, anyway turns out there's a wedding on and they're out of oysters so while I'm waiting for the fishermen to come in with a fresh batch I say to the bartender "oi mate, you reckon Jonathan Thurston could knock out George Gregan?" And he says to me "F#ck off with that rugby stuff, we've got the power to win, the power to rule, come on Port Adelaide aggression", next thing I know Wayne Carey, Don Burke and Bryan Fletcher set a contested scrum in the middle of the restaurant and before you can shout play on, Richie McCaw and the editor of the Sun, who for some reason was wearing an Essendon jersey, show up with stanley knives. Slice and dice whole place is dead, McCaw grabs the microphone and says "I'm sorry rugby rugby league but I did it for the union trolls". Hits the stone cold stunner on Clive Churchill, cashes in the money in the bank contract, 1, 2, 3, rugby rugby league is eliminated from the North Shore and now we all play Gaelic.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Let me tell you about the time my sister and I were traveling through Ceduna, stopped for some oysters kilpatrick, anyway turns out there's a wedding on and they're out of oysters so while I'm waiting for the fishermen to come in with a fresh batch I say to the bartender "oi mate, you reckon Jonathan Thurston could knock out George Gregan?" And he says to me "F#ck off with that rugby stuff, we've got the power to win, the power to rule, come on Port Adelaide aggression", next thing I know Wayne Carey, Don Burke and Bryan Fletcher set a contested scrum in the middle of the restaurant and before you can shout play on, Richie McCaw and the editor of the Sun, who for some reason was wearing an Essendon jersey, show up with stanley knives. Slice and dice whole place is dead, McCaw grabs the microphone and says "I'm sorry rugby rugby league but I did it for the union trolls". Hits the stone cold stunner on Clive Churchill, cashes in the money in the bank contract, 1, 2, 3, rugby rugby league is eliminated from the North Shore and now we all play Gaelic.

:joy::joy::joy:
The only thing that makes more sense than that is bringing the bears back
:joy::joy::joy:

Stallion

First Grade
More to the point, how does an adult man justify spending their day effectively engaging in the sporting equivalent of "my dad could beat up your dad" and decades later think that's a good reason to bring back North Sydney?

Mr rah rah. Their's a misconception about what players are in the aggression scale (ability to fight aspect ) between the codes. Rugby league players play a much more physical and faster/harder contact version of rugby . The comparison is not known by the passive uniformed observer. To put it simply, Spud Carrol would eat and spit out the private school educated John Eales if they had a fight with eachother. Btw the Victorian guy gained a new and realistic appreciation of the differences between union and league. He now knows! Get that one up ya Rah rah!

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
Mr rah rah. Their's a misconception about what players are in the aggression scale (ability to fight aspect ) between the codes. Rugby league players play a much more physical and faster/harder contact version of rugby . The comparison is not known by the passive uniformed observer. To put it simply, Spud Carrol would eat and spit out the private school educated John Eales if they had a fight with eachother. Btw the Victorian guy gained a new and realistic appreciation of the differences between union and league. He now knows! Get that one up ya Rah rah!

Needs more exclamation marks and phone calls to newspaper editors.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Troll.
Thread is about perth. Troll

ReddFelon

Juniors
FMD, dude has a chip on his shoulder the size of the Big Banana. Can't believe there's a grown man still butthurt about what kind of schools people go to.

Stallion

First Grade
FMD, dude has a chip on his shoulder the size of the Big Banana. Can't believe there's a grown man still butthurt about what kind of schools people go to.

Wonder why!? Would it have something to do with the constant non playing/acceptance of rugby league in elite private schools!? Something you conveniently don't discuss?

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
? I see your sly tact PR. Can't handle the heat and you resort to lowlife excuses to deflect relevant discourse. I note you are not targeting the other contributors that digress a little. Very sly and typical of failed logic defence.

Perth Red

Post Whore
? I see your sly tact PR. Can't handle the heat and you resort to lowlife excuses to deflect relevant discourse. I note you are not targeting the other contributors that digress a little. Very sly and typical of failed logic defence.

Troll.
Thread is about perth. Troll

Stallion

First Grade
Can I get a verdict on this one, who would win in a fight, publicly educated Kane Douglas or privately educated Angus Crichton?

Lol. If it's the Douglas I think you are referring to: he too has a rugby league background! And Angus played both codes.
You will find when the annual boxing challenges occur that the rugby league players outdo all the other codes consistently and over many years!

Perth Red

Post Whore
So it seems the nrl are dead set on this, have to be in second tier to be in for expansion nonsense. I say nonsense because I dont believe for a minute running a nsw Cup side will offer any indication of ability or sustainability to run an nrl side.

Perth is set to enter nsw Cup in 2020, presumably they will pick a Brisbane Side from Q’land cup which could be a big mistake as discussed elsewhere.

I guess it takes the pressure off the nrl to announce any expansion and gives them a few more years to procrastinate.

Stallion

First Grade
So it seems the nrl are dead set on this, have to be in second tier to be in for expansion nonsense. I say nonsense because I dont believe for a minute running a nsw Cup side will offer any indication of ability or sustainability to run an nrl side.

Perth is set to enter nsw Cup in 2020, presumably they will pick a Brisbane Side from Q’land cup which could be a big mistake as discussed elsewhere.

I guess it takes the pressure off the nrl to announce any expansion and gives them a few more years to procrastinate.

Sad but true!

titoelcolombiano

First Grade

I get where they are going with PNG and Fiji in the second teir. I get where they are going with the Central Coast (if they are even interested in NRL level) being in the second teir. I get that there are many great RL clubs in the Q Cup that they could pick for NRL expansion - I have no drama with any of that (even though I would go a different way with Bris 2). It even makes sense to get a second NZ side into the second teir with a view to expansion but for me Perth shouldn't be subjected to it. It sounds like an expensive exercise that will do nothing but put pressure on the Pirates unless the NRL is going to underwrite it.

All they need is to give Perth a list of criteria to tick off:
  • junior playing numbers
  • realistic membership and attendance forecasts
  • sponsorship
  • stadium
Then discuss the value of a Perth team (or indeed a 9th game with broadcasters) then make a decision based on those figures.