What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wolfpack to place in Belgrade

langpark

First Grade
Wolfpack vs Sheffield apparently. I wonder how much they will try and promote this match (if it happens) and what sort of a crowd they can attract. Hopefully there's a decent, modern 5-10,000 capacity stadium there that they can use.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Wolfpack vs Sheffield apparently. I wonder how much they will try and promote this match (if it happens) and what sort of a crowd they can attract. Hopefully there's a decent, modern 5-10,000 capacity stadium there that they can use.

Considering that the average attendances for SuperLiga (fist tier soccer comp and probably the most popular sports comp over there) are normally well under 10k (with the exception of Red Star that normally hovers around the 10k mark, with an average of 12489 for the 17/18 season and an average of 10508 for the 16/17 season) I highly doubt that they'll get very many people through the gate.

Who knows maybe if the WP work with Red Star Belgrade (and any of the other sports clubs in Belgrade that are open to working with them as well), get a ton of publicity, and market it really well they'll get a surprisingly good crowd, but realistically I wouldn't be expecting more than 2-5k and if things don't go their way (or they balls it up) it could be even less than that.

Here's the link to SuperLiga averages if anybody wants to have a look.

langpark

First Grade
Considering that the average attendances for SuperLiga (fist tier soccer comp and probably the most popular sports comp over there) are normally well under 10k (with the exception of Red Star that normally hovers around the 10k mark, with an average of 12489 for the 17/18 season and an average of 10508 for the 16/17 season) I highly doubt that they'll get very many people through the gate.

Who knows maybe if the WP work with Red Star Belgrade (and any of the other sports clubs in Belgrade that are open to working with them as well), get a ton of publicity, and market it really well they'll get a surprisingly good crowd, but realistically I wouldn't be expecting more than 2-5k and if things don't go their way (or they balls it up) it could be even less than that.

Here's the link to SuperLiga averages if anybody wants to have a look.
I agree with you, but i think, knowing Wolpack, they'll want to play it in a slightly bigger/nicer stadium than they need.

The Partisan

Well they certainly shouldn't / couldn't use the ground used for the recent Euro U/19's held in Belgrade. Totally inadequate facilities.

Pommy

Coach
I thought the same thing - why take RL games away from Canada where we are trying to get a foothold?

Pretty sure you can’t play in Canada this early in the season.
Other clubs have said previously that Toronto getting a huge block of games at the end of the season is an unfair advantage.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Other clubs have said previously that Toronto getting a huge block of games at the end of the season is an unfair advantage.

Thanks for the info. Seems like an ongoing problem then unless they are able to play in a roofed stadium in the future. It is not ideal as you want to play as many games in Canada as possible. I wonder also if it is better for the game in North America if they take any games that they can't play in Toronto to somewhere in the U.S.

I love the Belgrade move but I'd rather English and French clubs look after Europe and Toronto look after North America if we are going to take games on the road.

Pommy

Coach
Thanks for the info. Seems like an ongoing problem then unless they are able to play in a roofed stadium in the future. It is not ideal as you want to play as many games in Canada as possible. I wonder also if it is better for the game in North America if they take any games that they can't play in Toronto to somewhere in the U.S.

I love the Belgrade move but I'd rather English and French clubs look after Europe and Toronto look after North America if we are going to take games on the road.

It’s probabbly a cost issue. Remember the team is based and trains off season and early season in the UK.
English teams simply aren’t going to take games around Europe as it’s probably not a money making venture for them, whereas Toronto have little choice really.

deluded pom?

Coach
I don’t understand that logic. Each team plays the other home and away.

Pommy

Coach
I don’t understand that logic. Each team plays the other home and away.

I think the logic is that if you get some momentum behind you it’s easier to win at home.
This isn’t me complaining, I’m just trying to explain the issue others have.

deluded pom?

Coach
I think the logic is that if you get some momentum behind you it’s easier to win at home.
This isn’t me complaining, I’m just trying to explain the issue others have.
I know it's not you mate. Beat TWP and there's no advantage for them. Simple as.