What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Womens rugby league try conversions Sidelines

ns4real2021

Juniors
Look I really enjoy watching women's rugby league but can something be done about the women kicking goals from the sideline cause some teams must be coached to score as close as they can to the posts or coached to drive all the opponents tries to the sideline cause most sideline kicks are not converted but can the women have a different football to play with or something easier to kick goals from the sideline or just kick the ball in general.
I assume the coaching for men would be a tiny bit the same if you knew you didn't have a strong goal kicker.
I mean you can't shorten the playing field up or make it all try conversions on the sideline be moved in 5 meters look I know this can't happen so why can't they make a footy ball thats easier to kick or figure out somthing cause most of the games shouldn't be determined based on scoring tries ..or maybe have sideline conversions are worth 2 or 3 and if you just want 1 point and ya know you are not a strong kicker you can move it 5 meters in from the sideline and take 1 point.. goal kicking should have a place in womens rugby league as well.
Nick

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
They will get better. I’m sure you find lots of people playing who have no chance of kicking it from the sideline.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I have seen dozens of women kick goals from the side line. Kira Dibb, Mel Howard, Raecene McGregor and I think even Hannah Southwell. Even non rep players.
I will agree there was some pretty ordinary examples of it on the weekend but its not all gloom and doom

Latest posts