What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Women's Rugby League

Grapple

Bench
When you go to NRL.com website it seems to redirect you to current women's NRL? Is there a way around this at all? It's great the game is building and women's league is getting the coverage it needs...... but for people that aren't interested in it at like myself is there a way around it?

Can't we just have seperate websites? We all know why we go to league websites. People that are interested in ebay go to ebay.com, people that go to amazon.com go to amazon.com. Rugby league is great, but let's be honest, it needs to be seperate. I'm interested in your thoughts.

Smug Panther

First Grade
When you go to NRL.com website it seems to redirect you to current women's NRL? Is there a way around this at all? It's great the game is building and women's league is getting the coverage it needs...... but for people that aren't interested in it at like myself is there a way around it?

Can't we just have seperate websites? We all know why we go to league websites. People that are interested in ebay go to ebay.com, people that go to amazon.com go to amazon.com. Rugby league is great, but let's be honest, it needs to be seperate. I'm interested in your thoughts.
You sad merkin

Grapple

Bench
I mean it's cool that women's rugby league is doing well, i'm just wondering if there is any room for blokes that are only interested in men's footy? No hate to the ladies. It's great to see it prosper.

soc123_au

Staff member
It's only the front page, click the draw or ladder tabs on the left and it's the mens NRL. A bit of extra exposure for the women isn't hard to deal with if you're not interested. I'm not that interested myself tbh, but did just watch the Roosters vs Broncos semi. Cracking game. I'll be watching the GF now for sure.

siv

First Grade
Big brother says what you must consume

And what teams you should support

Grapple

Bench
It's only the front page, click the draw or ladder tabs on the left and it's the mens NRL. A bit of extra exposure for the women isn't hard to deal with if you're not interested. I'm not that interested myself tbh, but did just watch the Roosters vs Broncos semi. Cracking game. I'll be watching the GF now for sure.

Yeah I see a way around it. It just seems messy to navigate for a simple website if you wan't to see highlights or stuff specific to mens footy. Feel like it would be easier to have two sites like there's two comps. Just a thought. Was wondering how others found it.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Great news for the Girls.

'The NRL could expedite the expansion of the women’s competition with officials seriously considering jumping straight from six to 10 teams next year.'

And as a kicker:

Women's football clubs are folding across regional Victoria amid concerns about inclusion

abc.net.au
Is a lack of support leaving some country women's football teams to die?
Concerns are being raised about whether women's football clubs are being appropriately supported as clubs across regional Victoria are forced to fold.

No, they`d love to blame issues surrounding` inclusion`, but I think they are just starting to realise it`s a rubbish game for kids and girls.

Menaiduck

Juniors
Great news for the Girls.

'The NRL could expedite the expansion of the women’s competition with officials seriously considering jumping straight from six to 10 teams next year.'

And as a kicker:

Women's football clubs are folding across regional Victoria amid concerns about inclusion

abc.net.au
Is a lack of support leaving some country women's football teams to die?
Concerns are being raised about whether women's football clubs are being appropriately supported as clubs across regional Victoria are forced to fold.

No, they`d love to blame issues surrounding` inclusion`, but I think they are just starting to realise it`s a rubbish game for kids and girls.
Notice the afl claims there are 600000 female players? The afl lying yet again. Most dishonest sport in Australia.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Notice the afl claims there are 600000 female players? The afl lying yet again. Most dishonest sport in Australia.
I think the aflw has the potential to become a serious black hole that you pour money into. They`ve talked it up so much now you have the women demanding equal pay and an equal length season for a sport that is really just awful to to watch.
And now they`re losing women`s clubs as it dawns on the actual participants it is a god-awful game to play. It`s heading in the direction of a bunch of non-talented belligerent die-hards demanding every thing the blokes get and the afl too piss-weak and trying so hard to be everything to everybody that they`ll have to cave to it. This could become an albatross hanging around their neck they can`t get off for years and years to come.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
The ALFW is a prime example of why the NRL should not jump from 6 to 10 teams next year.
Do that and the standard will drop and all the good work done to create a great product will be thrown away

siv

First Grade

And any Rugby women for the forwards

siv

First Grade
Have you watched the AFLW, they can't catch
Girls at the moment are improving but many are around U16 mens standard

At that age male players who play some AFL have very good stamina and have been able to transition to RL centres very well in the junior ranks

Thats the logic for this

Just like players who play touch footy or tag in the off sesson have better stamina and ball playing skills

Latest posts