What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wonderful result observations

rasaint

Juniors
I was running in a footrace at 1/2 time the last time players wearing the great red v did the lap of honour in 1979. I am wrapped after 31 years wait. A couple of notes:

1 Jeremy Smith simply shut them down in 2nd half, player of the match IMO
2 The refs were fair to both sides and although mistakes made the good and bad evened out
3. The field goal deception for Fein's try was classic
4. Nightingale is so complete a player, fast, strong and tough,great game
5. The momentum change in 2nd half was incredible. Boys have such belief
6. The hit on Weyman was outrageous. A shocking blatant bit of thuggery IMO.
7. We will lose 3 freat forwards next year, I hope Bennent stays.
Cheers and enjoy all the posts, a great result and deserved.

TheRev

First Grade
1 Jeremy Smith simply shut them down in 2nd half, player of the match IMO
Yep he was the only forward not putting the ball down, he just hit hard all game, thank god he was fit and in form at the right time of year, and a shame to see him go in 2011. I couldnt believe my eyes watching Costigan, Weyman, Scott, Creagh put balls down every time we had possession in the 1st half.. even Cooper and Morris fumbling too.. the key play for me was Hornby leaping above the pack to take a bomb when we were at our lowest.

2 The refs were fair to both sides and although mistakes made the good and bad evened out
Yeah there were mistakes on both sides, but I wasnt that upset because they werent outlandish, I got why the ref made the error, and thankfully both sides got the calls.

3. The field goal deception for Fein's try was classic
Seriously, gutsy play, I was looking for the field goal too lol.

4. Nightingale is so complete a player, fast, strong and tough,great game
He was my player of the grand-final, and of the whole finals series, so mature, safe and complete, I just love the guy, Morris had such a quiet 2nd half of the season, but Flo totally stepped up and filled the void.

5. The momentum change in 2nd half was incredible. Boys have such belief
It was crazy, at half-time, we had completed 11/20 but it felt like half of that, we had defended all game, and we were ripe for the picking, just like the losses earlier in the ear against Canberra and co.. where they wear us down in the first half and pile on points in the 2nd.. but this time.. we scored first, we rattled them.. and then they dropped the ball repeatedly.. burying themselves deeper.

6. The hit on Weyman was outrageous. A shocking blatant bit of thuggery IMO.
Yeah there are a few thugs in the team, but I was still surprised that he didnt make it back out at all.. I suppose we didnt need him in the end.. but really in 2011 I dont want a situation where we have no fit props in our team..

7. We will lose 3 freat forwards next year, I hope Bennent stays.
Next year, the Curse of Gasnier will hurt us, I would have liked Merrin to get mroe game time he has a great error rate... we will need to blood some young talent.. but this worries me not right now.. if we had lost tonight I probably never would have recovered, but we didnt, and now we can start a new chapter in Dragons history.

Minh

First Grade
Gaz is no curse, he helped us to a Premiership, let's enjoy the moment.

Ulysseus

Bench
If you could clone Jason Nightingale several times over and make slight variations in the size you'd never see Saints lose another game.

Minh

First Grade
If you could clone Jason Nightingale several times over and make slight variations in the size you'd never see Saints lose another game.

Jason Nightingale is the unsung hero in our backline, deadset would not swap him for any other winger in the world. The guy is a real match winner, that try he set up and then scored last week and then the two tonight plus all the other stuff, he was near enough the best in both games.:cool:

Dizzychik

Juniors
Watching from the eastern sideline I thought gaz and nightingale played their guts out from go to whoa.
I prayed to God (Bennett) that the boys would come out a different side in the second half and I still can't believe it... trying to watch it again now.

When will the DVD be out?!

18to87

First Grade
Jason Nightingale is the unsung hero in our backline, deadset would not swap him for any other winger in the world. The guy is a real match winner, that try he set up and then scored last week and then the two tonight plus all the other stuff, he was near enough the best in both games.:cool:

One of the most underrated players in the league.

blacklock

Juniors
Yep he was the only forward not putting the ball down, he just hit hard all game, thank god he was fit and in form at the right time of year, and a shame to see him go in 2011. I couldnt believe my eyes watching Costigan, Weyman, Scott, Creagh put balls down every time we had possession in the 1st half.. even Cooper and Morris fumbling too.. the key play for me was Hornby leaping above the pack to take a bomb when we were at our lowest.

Yeah there were mistakes on both sides, but I wasnt that upset because they werent outlandish, I got why the ref made the error, and thankfully both sides got the calls.

Seriously, gutsy play, I was looking for the field goal too lol.

He was my player of the grand-final, and of the whole finals series, so mature, safe and complete, I just love the guy, Morris had such a quiet 2nd half of the season, but Flo totally stepped up and filled the void.

It was crazy, at half-time, we had completed 11/20 but it felt like half of that, we had defended all game, and we were ripe for the picking, just like the losses earlier in the ear against Canberra and co.. where they wear us down in the first half and pile on points in the 2nd.. but this time.. we scored first, we rattled them.. and then they dropped the ball repeatedly.. burying themselves deeper.

Yeah there are a few thugs in the team, but I was still surprised that he didnt make it back out at all.. I suppose we didnt need him in the end.. but really in 2011 I dont want a situation where we have no fit props in our team..

i noticed that hit and a few others were made with a fist clenched. they werent just tackling they were "hitting".

Also.....(although it doesnt matter now) minicello leading with the knees when we scored out wide. Had the potential for a penalty try had he stayed down after being knee'd in making the try.

hellteam

First Grade
i noticed that hit and a few others were made with a fist clenched. they werent just tackling they were "hitting".

Also.....(although it doesnt matter now) minicello leading with the knees when we scored out wide. Had the potential for a penalty try had he stayed down after being knee'd in making the try.

Yeah I was surprised that wasn't an 8 point try. You can bet your life that if that happened to a team that was behind on the scoreboard it would have been, that seems to be how the referees work their decisions out.