What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WOODEN SPOON 05'.

05' WOODEN SPOON

• Roosters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bulldogs

• Broncos

• Panthers

• Dragons

• Storm

• Cowboys

• Raiders

• Knights

• Sharks

• Eels

• Sea Eagles

• Warriors

• Souths

• Total voters

gunnamatta bay

Referee
[quote="Iafeta
Unstable club? The only club that gains a profit each year WITHOUT a leagues club.

.[/quote]

How do you know that? I really can't see how they could possibly have made a profit. Their crowds have been mediocre and they would have had quite a hefty bill for their players wages. I think Eric Watson is telling fibs if he's trying to claim he makes money out your mob.

Fibroman

First Grade
Roosters if the money connection drop off and the brown paper bags stop passing under the table. Shades of the doggies in 2002.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
I think the argument that Canberra will struggle because they have bought aging players is a bit lame. Davico and Wiki werent exactly in their prime. In essence we are losing two 30+ players and replacing them with another two to cover for the experience we would have lost.

brenno

Juniors
fair dinkum some of you blokes neet to give yourselves an uppercut and then one more just to keep you honest. Losing wiki and davico will hurt in the short term but, it certaintly does not make canberra wooden spoon contenders. I doubt anyside in history having lost two quality experiences guys has gone from perennial top8 material to wooden spoon contenders in just 1 season. Turn it up! With exciting youngsters like Todd Carney, Terry Campese, Michael Weyman and a host of experienced guys i can't see the Raiders falling anywhere below 10th place. Afterall, Ruben Wiki hardly played for the Raiders this season, he missed most of it due to suspension and injury and the Raiders still made the 8. The Raiders will definetely still be in the hunt for the top8 next year.

lolesi

First Grade
If Manly don't get a decent centre, i really can not see em going to well next year, Hasler should not be a coach.

And Raiders are no chance of getting the Spoon.

t-ba

Post Whore
Gunna Matter said:
How do you know that? I really can't see how they could possibly have made a profit. Their crowds have been mediocre and they would have had quite a hefty bill for their players wages. I think Eric Watson is telling fibs if he's trying to claim he makes money out your mob.

-Heavy Volunteer Base.
-Big Sponsorship.
-No Junior Leagues to take care of.

stubbsie

Juniors
1. Roosters
2. Bulldogs
3. Knights
4. Penrith
5. Dragons
6. Parramatta
7. Brisbane
8. Warriors
9. Manly
10. Cowboys
11. Storm
12. Cronulla
13. Wests
14. Raiders
15. Souths

t-ba

Post Whore
The lack of centres isn't a big worry, spoon wise. we played well at the back end without Hicks and he's better than Torrens in the centres. But he's better on the wing :cry: .

yakstorm

First Grade
I think Parramatta, they had 3 halves this year, have let two of them go (Thorman and Dykes) so have just Witt as the only established half they have for the first 13 rounds, and IF, and its a big IF PJ Marsh does come back then to the NRL, there is no guarentee he will be anything like the player he use to be.

melon....

Coach
fibro man said:
Roosters if the money connection drop off and the brown paper bags stop passing under the table. Shades of the doggies in 2002.
Im just waiting for the Panthers investigation to conclude......Its going to be heaven sent.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
-Heavy Volunteer Base.
-Big Sponsorship.
-No Junior Leagues to take care of.

11,000 (estimate) season ticket holders which the club still makes money off

bartman

Immortal
I actually think the Sharks are soft, and will get found out next year, no offence.

But yes, Yakstorm and others, I share your fears about my Parra. and dashed hopes the last two years haven't helped my confidence at this stage.

m0j0

Bench
1. Bulldogs
2. Storm
3. Broncos
4. Knights
5. Roosters
6. Panthers
7. Cowboys
8. Sea Eagles
9. Raiders
10. Dragons