What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wooden Spoon 2006

Who will win the wooden spoon in 2006

• Wests Tigers

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Nth Queensland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta

• St George Illawarra

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Brisbane

• Melbourne

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Cronulla

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • Manly

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Penrith

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Canterbury

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • South Sydney

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • Canberra

Votes: 68 38.6%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 7 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Misty Bee

First Grade
Souths will look down and see Penrith, Canterbury and Cronulla in a 3 way fight for theoon. The Warriors will gell under a new coach, and learn how to be flambouyant again. Canberra won't have the injury crisis, Souths will apporach each game with confidence.

Penrith will be the rocket transporter at Cape Canaveral of the NRL - bloody big and bloody slow. Watch the likes of Shane Tronc, Paul Stringer Todd Payton outpace their backs for 100m tries. Canterbury will have zero backline service, and Cronulla are just Cronulla. Brisbane will struggle too, until Wayne Bennet drop his mandatory 300 first grade Qld Cup games prerequisite. Or realises that players with grey hair and Gerry and the Pacemakers CD's in their cars are not state of the art NRL premiership winning players.

Melbourne will go alright.

tiger_nick

Bench
Canberra. Their great white hope in Carney is yet to play a good game in first grade. According to their fans this time last year, he would be an immortal by this stage. Ohh yeah and he sh*ts all Benji apparently

MrSharky

Juniors
Newcastle B2B...

icon6.gif

MrSharky

Juniors
dodge you already mentioned Cronulla - stop stalking...

RABK - hush. you came last. Johns or no Johns, the amount of people that care outside of that hole newcastle is less than 2....

icon6.gif

Stranger

Coach
MrSharky said:
dodge you already mentioned Cronulla - stop stalking...

RABK - hush. you came last. Johns or no Johns, the amount of people that care outside of that hole newcastle is less than 2....

icon6.gif

:lol: Well there is RABK and I, thats 2 there LOL

Misanthrope

Staff member
Leaning towards a surprise side, like Melbourne or New Zealand. Both have lost crucial team members and haven't exactly replaced them. I'll lean towards Melbourne, with Canberra and Penrith more likely

morri (cWo)

First Grade
im tipping bulldogs because from a extremly reliable source i know that the bulldogs were over the cap this year and most likely will be next year.

they have a quailty team but. shame to see all that talent go to waste.

MrSharky

Juniors
Stranger said:
:lol: Well there is RABK and I, thats 2 there LOL

Such simplicity.

Only newcarsehole supporters would detect anything comic in that...

Especially ones with a location of: "I'm lost and cant find my house:("

icon6.gif

sharkadelic

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
Souths will look down and see Penrith, Canterbury and Cronulla in a 3 way fight for theoon.

Melbourne will go alright.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I gather you meant spoon? That is the funniest statement I have read on here in months...

Souths have one good player in Sutton. Buddy Gordon has played like six games and Stuart Webb, Shane "slo mo" Elford, Big Joe Hair Bear and his dud shoulder are the star recruits for this season. Nuff said. Souths should ask for wooden knife and fork to go with their spoon so they don't have to eat with their fingers.

Canterbury still have Ryan, Asotasi, El Masri and Mason/SBW (should get a whole season bewtween the two of them) and O'Meley

Penrith have Campbell (for now) Gower, Priddis, Waterhouse plus a couple of players that have way more ability than they showed this year.

Cronulla have Gallen, VAgana, Ross, Nutley and some talented youngsters.

Despite poor form this year, injury woes, weight problems and whatever else I really cant see anything at Souths that would put any of these teams at shorter odds for a spooning than Souths.

And as for Newcastle, the question is not will Johns get injured, it is how long will he be injured for? And then we see if Newcastle start expanding on their cutlery drawer....

yobbo84

Coach
sharkadelic said:
:lol::lol::lol::lol: I gather you meant spoon? That is the funniest statement I have read on here in months...

Souths have one good player in Sutton. Buddy Gordon has played like six games and Stuart Webb, Shane "slo mo" Elford, Big Joe Hair Bear and his dud shoulder are the star recruits for this season. Nuff said. Souths should ask for wooden knife and fork to go with their spoon so they don't have to eat with their fingers.

Canterbury still have Ryan, Asotasi, El Masri and Mason/SBW (should get a whole season bewtween the two of them) and O'Meley

Penrith have Campbell (for now) Gower, Priddis, Waterhouse plus a couple of players that have way more ability than they showed this year.

Cronulla have Gallen, VAgana, Ross, Nutley and some talented youngsters.

Despite poor form this year, injury woes, weight problems and whatever else I really cant see anything at Souths that would put any of these teams at shorter odds for a spooning than Souths.

And as for Newcastle, the question is not will Johns get injured, it is how long will he be injured for? And then we see if Newcastle start expanding on their cutlery drawer....

Is this the same Souths that beat your mob TWICE this year?

sharkadelic

Juniors
yobbo84 said:
Is this the same Souths that beat your mob TWICE this year?

*sigh* again for those who came in late....

sharkadelic said:

I think Souths are on the improve, they do appear to have some talented youth. However, I think Souths finishing higher than any of these teams next year is highly unlikely.

And as for Misty Bee reamrk about Melbourne doing ok in 06? :lol: They just bought Chris Walker AND Michael Crocker

Misty Bee

First Grade
It'sOK to throw names at me, but Souths came home with a wet sail and for the last 6 weeks were among the form teams of the comp. Thus indicating that there are better times ahead for the Bunnies.

Example about names. You give me Nutley. A great front rower, tireless in attack and defence, and guaranteed about 4 penalties coinceded in a match.

sharkadelic

Juniors
I concede there are better times ahead for the bunnies. They played with heart which is probably more that can be said for a good portion of the competition; My own Sharks, most definitely included.

I think though on the whole, the buns still have less depth and talent across the board and the main reason for my statement. you implied they will finish above Penrith, Canterbury and Penrith. While all those teams do appear to be on the slide, I think it is a long shot that they will be wrestling over the spoons with Souths above them. It may all be a moot point if any club has an injury crisis like Canberra or Newcastle so I guess technically, it is possible

And Nutley? I hear ya. The reason the Sharks did win games at the beginning of the year was becasue the team ironed the niggle out. When discipline went out the window, so did the season

bluesbreaker

Bench
MrSharky said:
Such simplicity.

Only newcarsehole supporters would detect anything comic in that...

Especially ones with a location of: "I'm lost and cant find my house:("

icon6.gif

Simplicity is

structuring your

paragraphs like

this

ok?

I think this

is a good way

to make posts

don't

you

agree?

icon6.gif

MrSharky

Juniors
bluesbreaker said:
Simplicity is

structuring your

paragraphs like

this

ok?

I think this

is a good way

to make posts

don't

you

agree?

So the forum grammar check thinks paragraphs are half-complete sentences...

icon6.gif

Latest posts