What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woods swap for Tuitavake

The Word

Juniors
It’s increasingly clear that the issues within this club go far deeper than the coach.

Believing that a new coach will fix everything is pretty naive and child-like at this point.
Who said he would come in and fix everything?

Accusing people of being naive and child-like simply because they are enjoying the fact that we've made a couple of decent new signings and are looking forward to the change that a new coach will bring is pretty disrespectful tbh. Makes a change from the continuous litany of tedious and boring negativity.

We all know it's shit show for Christ sake you don't have to be a genius to work that one out.

slippery5

Juniors
I entirely understand what he is saying and think the question that needs to be asked is do you have any regrets now? You are a regular starting first grade centre and earning more money than at Manly so was it the correct move?
Does anyone remember Hynes saying "he didn't want to leave Melbourne" also look where his game has gone to & if he has any regrets now.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Fifita will probably be the fittest forward at Saints. He had a full offseason with Manly and not Saints. Saints guys can only last 40 mins. God knows what they did in the offseason, definitely no fitness or defense. In 3 of 4 games (Including Charity Shield) the opposition has scored 40 or more points and the players have looked gassed after 40 mins.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Fifita will probably be the fittest forward at Saints. He had a full offseason with Manly and not Saints. Saints guys can only last 40 mins. God knows what they did in the offseason, definitely no fitness or defense. In 3 of 4 games (Including Charity Shield) the opposition has scored 40 or more points and the players have looked gassed after 40 mins.
This can't be right S M. As I recall, the players were saying that this was "the toughest pre-season ever"! 😄😄

Dragon David

First Grade
Does anyone remember Hynes saying "he didn't want to leave Melbourne" also look where his game has gone to & if he has any regrets now.
Melbourne could do with Hynes now. They should have wrapped him up on more money for him to have stayed down there. He played full back and half back with aplomb for them. The Storm's loss is certainly the Sharks' gain.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors

denis preston

First Grade
you're referring to the board, if so, change has been in the air with 3 board members changing over the summer. there is change in the air, it takes time.
Would love to see Lancaster interviewed. With all that has come out that shouldn’t have , guess he won’t see the point. I’m guessing he is tired of the inability of the board to function properly , hence why 3 year term advocated. Did that get passed ?

blacksafake

First Grade
Would love to see Lancaster interviewed. With all that has come out that shouldn’t have , guess he won’t see the point. I’m guessing he is tired of the inability of the board to function properly , hence why 3 year term advocated. Did that get passed ?
Agree
I’ve often wondered why someone from the media has not grilled him on some of the issues that the club has.
I’m not talking about the Mercury and a fluff piece.
It would be great if one of the podcasts could get him on to answer questions from the fans without being vetted.

WTC

Juniors
"This once great club", this statement is false, winning 1 premiership in 24 years does not make for a great club. A restructure of an average club is well overdue.

WTC

Juniors
The current players are St George Illawarra, St George has been consigned to history, just ask the NRL, they credit us with 1 premiership. Gordon tallis makes a point to remind every one he never played for St George Illawarra