What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worcestershire v Australians at Worcester Jul 2-5, 2013

TheParraboy

Staff member
Final warm up game in a couple of days time

Brett Lee would like to see Warner open with Watson in the first test. Interesting.

Other massive plus is McDemott and Warne have offered Lehmann to help the side. Getting Macca there for the ashes abroad and home would be absolutely massive for our bowlers.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Brett Lee is an idiot.Who in their right mind would play Warner with no match practice when his form before the ban was pretty shit anyway.

Timbo

Staff member
We should win this by an innings and 6,000,000 runs.

Worcestershire have a popgun attack. Alan Richardson is their only vaguely competent quick but he's 38 and likely to be rested. Gareth Andrew is ok-ish but has been injured lately.

Their top order is possibly the weakest in England. They'll likely exclude Samaraweera as overseas players typically get left out of tour games. Daryl Mitchell and Moeen Ali go alright but the likes of Pardoe, Kerveezee, Cox and Pinner will be cannon fodder.

The ECB are looking to shoehorn Nick Compton and Boyd Rankin into the Worcester team to give them match practice against us, which would be great in terms of making them a bit more competitive. But the WCCC board is a bit up in arms as its blocking their young players a moment in the sun.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Out of 10 innings in England Watson will get out LBW 7+ times and review no matter how plum on each one

So what? At least unlike Warner he will be past 50 when he does it. I don't like it but he has a good reason as the system is not perfect.

vvvrulz

Coach
Any reason why Usman isn't playing? Wouldn't you want him to build on his last start? It kinda gives Cowan a free ride..

vvvrulz

Coach
Off topic but 15y.o Netherlands spinner Daniel Doram picked up a 5fer against Ireland in the ICC Intercontinental Cup. Fantastic effort from the youngster.

15 years old? Crazy!

Its too bad that Ryan ten Doeschate never seems to turn up for Holland unless its a world event, they're a useful side with him there as England found out twice.

And if the Irish retained their players and were granted full status, they'd be light years ahead of what Bangladesh were when they started out.

Timbo

Staff member
ten Doschate plays for The Netherlands when it doesn't clash with playing for Essex as it makes him more money and is of a higher standard.

Which is fair enough. Porterfield, Wilson and co. don't play for Ireland for the same reasons.

vvvrulz

Coach
ten Doschate plays for The Netherlands when it doesn't clash with playing for Essex as it makes him more money and is of a higher standard.

Yep I get your point, but its slightly chicken and egg then isn't it? How can the standard of associates cricket improve if the best players are playing county cricket or for other nations.

This match for example would be far more interesting and of a higher standard with a full Irish squad taking on the Dutch with ten Doeschate.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Any reason why Usman isn't playing? Wouldn't you want him to build on his last start? It kinda gives Cowan a free ride..

There is talk he won't be in the 1st test anyway- we are likely to go with

Watson
Rogers
Cowan
Hughes
Clarke
Warner OR Smith

How many chances are Cowan, Hughes, Smith and Warner (disciplinary) get given? Yet a bloke who top scored last start innings and scored 100+ runs overall in the match, doesn't even get given the opportunity to build on it to press his claim? The thing that absolutely blows the mind is that he is one of the best players of swing bowling in the country, but blokes who genuinely struggle (Cowan & Hughes in particular, although I can live with Hughes being selected) are given the nod game after game. Surely if either Cowan or Smith fail, Khawaja gets given the nod? Warner hasn't played in close to a month, are we basing everything a batsmen does off net form again? I thought if anyone was going to give Usman a genuine chance it would be Boof. But I think it's Inverity behind the scenes doing.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
sadly I dont think Oozie is in the frame, he really hasn't done enough recently