What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work together or implode ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubopov

Coach
Just a note .. right out in the open for all to see .. If the petty bickering and in-fighting in the F7s heirarchy continues, the Comp will die .. Who wants that ??

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It would be nice to see a bit of open discussion about this.

eg: "please clarify re 'clandestine' " - kind of gives it away.

I get crap info repeating crap from others. Facebook 2009-2010 was apparently a real hoot. FTR, I don't subscrube.

Last edited:

dubopov

Coach
It would be nice to see a bit of open discussion about this.

eg: "please clarify re 'clandestine' " - kind of gives it away.

I get crap info repeating crap from others. Facebook 2009-2010 was apparently a real hoot. FTR, I don't subscrube.

I quote Titanic ..

"I certainly don't subscribe to the clandestine crap that's been sent to me recently regarding all sorts of ridiculous bias and thinly veiled threats."

Titanic

First Grade
Context or lack of it is a powerful enemy. If people insist on using pm's as a means of communicating then perhaps the "private" is a misnomer.

As it seems that, certainly in Willows mind, I am the culprit in this then I apologise wholeheartedly and unreservedly for any disharmony or instability that my comment in a pm, in reply to an unsolicited pm, has caused.

Repeat: I replied with my own opinion to a message that I did not ask for and that reply has been circulated ... I am truly sorry.

Now, the rest of you guys stop it.

Ps. Can somebody check why the OWC isn't working, please?

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
In the interest of open diiscussion... my most recent PM reply to Titanic:
Willow said:
She [Morticia] wasn't talking about you. She was talking about the direction of the F7s.

Let's be up front.

You were hurt because Mort said words like 'ego' and 'wanker' after seeing your matrix - the one I helped you to post.

She even went as far to say it wasn't personal, but by then you were very moody about it.

All these weeks later you still refer to her as making 'unseemly remarks'. Sorry, but that's a wank. She wasn't referring to you but it looks like she struck a nerve.

You're glad to see her gone, but might be having second thoughts now - that's ok.

I'm still pissed off about it. If Mort comes back, then you'll be off the hook.

You and bart have to learn to read between the lines occasionally. We're supposed to welcome new thought.

Btw, I can't be bothered sending the same to bart. Nice bloke but he would probably try to tell me all about it. I've already had a go at reading War and Peace.

Have a good one mate.

Titanic

First Grade
I can get to the home page but not open the OWC - could you post the link here please?

Titanic

First Grade
that's it, thanks ... the link from the home page goes to:

http://f7s.leagueunlimited.com/wordcount.php

Willow, I was not "hurt" I was pissed that terms such as neonazi, wanker and egomaniac were used against my efforts and well you can say she didn't know it was me ... that's right she doesn't know me but as the staunch supporter of the F7's community that you are, those terms are hardly applicable for somebody's, anybody's efforts to improve the competition and were/are unseemly.

I doubt that my reply was loaded for her disapproval, here it is:

Excuse me for entering uninvited, however, as the neonazi I'm sure I'm entitled to return serve who took his own time to develop a marking matrix, I feel I should at least put my 2c in.

My reason for doing this was in response to a group of F7's captains who had debated, amongst ways to improve F7's, methods to provide guidelines for referees so that players could at least write with confidence that there was some rhyme or reason to the marks they were receiving. The essence of the debate.

Morticia's comment regarding referees' credentials is pertinent to this discussion because it's in support of their task that the marking issue has been raised. Agree with her right to debate and provide an alternative opinion. Yet in the land of F7's, like everything else on the 'net the insinuation that the referees lack suitable qualifications is surely insulting to those referees who thanklessly give their time. Perhaps my misunderstanding here. The rest of us should be grateful.

The format of a marking criteria or even whether or not any such thing would be desirable is a currently a matter up for discussion. I hope this clears up the current situation.

As far as wishing her gone ... why on earth would I want that?

In reference to her remarks in this and other postings, I have clearly stated that they reflect my frustration in the process, that I voluntarily undertook, to reach any decision and not a desire for any sort of retribution. I accept that she stated that this was not personal just as my issue is not personal. Furthermore, I recognise your support of the process even if it sits on the other side of your opinion.

I certainly don't feel I am "on the hook". Agree with me or not but I don't think my commitment to either the competition or the values of the game are in question.

To all and sundry, I have tried to clarify my position, I apologise again for the discord that this has obviously caused.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Titanic, you haven't been able to properly identify what you've done wrong.

You're not the only volunteer. And it doesn't give you a blank cheque to fracture the F7s. This is about what I believe is some ongoing campaign to create division and keep taking 'private' shots at other teams, namely the Bluebags. The matrix thing is just your latest battlefield.

If it was just about this one incident, you probably wouldn't hear from me.
I was not "hurt" I was pissed that terms such as neonazi, wanker and egomaniac
You're still taking Mort's comments personally - you were clearly informed that it wasn't personal and no one was against your efforts. Even if it was, the sky doesn't fall in. Fair dinkum, to have these worries and Rockefeller's money, we'd be the happiest men in the world.

I read tits&tans post in F7s mgt the other day and couldn't believe that Mort's input was still an issue in your camp.

When these 'terribly hurtful' things were originally said, I tried to do the right thing and head it off at the pass. I simply wanted to minimise any conflict and move forward. So I had Mort installed as a delegate in F7s mgt. Mort's frank post there was shouted down by the second most thin skinned 'participant' in the F7s. Her greatest crime was that she spoke her mind without fear.

The F7s has probably lost a great player - not because of some tripe about not being respected as a 'great writer', but because there was a blokey club trying to put her back in her place. A disgrace. But I get told to let it go and allow the perps to smugly carry on. So I did that for a while - even though trying to keep the peace sucks sometimes.

Then I read between the lines and see that it is still going on, and I'm supposed to let the perps carry on with their version of events. Stuff that. Quite frankly, I didn't come down in the last shower and besides that, you fessed up.

Bottom line, I am sick of the regular sniping and your carry ons. I am sure you know what I'm talking about.

"Apology", '"dischord". Nice but please don't say you have tried to clarify anything and then put on a different hat away from the public forum. I'm just dropping the diplomacy and asking you to stop the crap.

If you have an issue, say it out in the open and say it loud. That's what you should do, that's what I'm doing here.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
They're not lagging. ;-)

The link in the page was wrong. It was pointing to f7s.lu, which hasn't been the correct link for donkey's.

It's fixed now.

Az, if you read this, you'll need to re-download top.php before you make any changes.
Sorry, wrong word. I was flummoxed at the time. lol

I just put a .au on the end. But thanks for fixing it.

Titanic

First Grade
Willow, whatever you want to think about me and the Titans is your right. But let me tell you once and for all ... I had let this go too until I was pm'd after the last game by the opposition captain who was irate about the state of that particular game.

From my reply to his pm has developed this drama. I neither wanted nor sought out any controversy, so perhaps whoever decided to distribute my attempt to pacify his ill feeling should put their hand up.

Willow, you will never agree with me on this and I certainly won't be railroaded into stepping down from mine either. Pm me your phone number and I'll happily take the time to phone from China and discuss this further.

Titanic

First Grade
Come clean you blokes ... take aim at me, that's fine but I challenge anyone of you to show where I started this.

Dub, if you spread my REPLY (Willow see this, I repeat, I was minding my own business) to your message then say so and if you did not then also say so.

I publicly state that I will not reply to any pm from anybody other than officials managing the competition, Willow sending his phone number and my team members from now until the end of this season when I will then subside into history. I will play out this season in respect of the teams participating.

dubopov

Coach
"Dub, if you spread my REPLY (Willow see this, I repeat, I was minding my own business) to your message then say so and if you did not then also say so"

Listen merkin .. i've already f**kin' told you I didn't spread any f**kin' message .. I no longer care about this sh*t . this is so much f**kin' fun .. shove it up your arse

griffo346

First Grade
im getting to the same stage as dub ive alnost had enough i used to look forwrd to writing f7s articles and now i dont

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Come clean you blokes ... take aim at me
I trust there's a not a victim mentality going on here as well.

Titanic, I'd still like to know about these alleged threats that you speak of. I'm really totally in the dark about that one, so please feel free to clarify.

I don't want to to talk privately about this - that's part of the problem imo. I keep saying I want it out in the open. Not sure why there is an insistence to 'take it out the back', so to speak.

FTR, it's not dubo's fault. It has been obvious to me for some time. I was a little surprised that it hit home last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.