What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World 7's 24-25 Jan

Kiwipanther

Juniors
PK
Still gotta get time off work, I put in a shift swap request...otherwise I'll be there from 3:30pm onwards for both days, either way I'll be there. I will be going via train, sounds good to me, will call ya on wednesday when I know more. Your brother wanna come along?

Lainey, the face of Panther fans eh....u go girrrrrrrrrrrl :)
Ya never know Girds might be part of the add too lol :D

mightypanther

Juniors

YAY..........you go girl...........show 'em what your made of.

Oops..........let me rephrase that..............just don't embarass us......OK ??? :clap: :mrgreen: :clap: :mrgreen:

*Sandy*

First Grade
Kiwipanther - good stuff.

Lainey - That's alright i will meet you in there as i will get in touch with & catch up with Phil and co. on the train in and i guess you will be with the Squad too Roo?

Rhino - How are you getting there?

Kaza - read the above it applies to you too. :D

Witty - Whatever you end up doing and if you want us to make the experience a little more enjoyable by being included in the group and having a few beers & so over the club -- let us know and I think I can speak for everyone of us that participate on this forum who belong to the Panthers Army will bend over backwards to help you out. ;-)

mightypanther

Juniors

everyone of us that participate on this forum who belong to the Panthers Army will bend over backwards to help you out.

Hmmmm..............I don't know about that bending over backwards bit..........that could be a little painful -- or rude or both :shock: :D
..........but they will welcome you with open arms , that's for sure.

PREDATOR

Juniors
Got to say i agree with Steve Folkes and his thoughts on the 7's..the last thing a first grade (or any grade for that matter)team needs is to have a star player out injured in what is basically a revenue raising exercise for the NRL,just like Ben Walker and Trent Barrett..so no im not going,ive got a full season of "proper" football to watch!!

mightypanther

Juniors

I feel a bit the same way Predator, but I can understand why a lot of league fans think it's a really fun 2 days out, and they enjoy going.

And considering all the talk about the pokie tax, and salary cap possibly increasng, then the NRL as a whole does need to raise more revenue for the game, and I guess the Sevens isn't a bad way to do it.

I guess it's like the age old question of whether or not clubs should risk their stars for trial matches. If they don't, then the clubs who do, will have their players more match fit for the start of the season than the ones who don't.

And what's the alternative? Tell all the clubs that no-one are allowed to play trials, and then no club would have any match fit players for the start of the season. If that happened then you would have league fans complaining that games at the start of the season are not good enough quallity because the players are our of practise.

Whatever they decided to do or not do, some people would think it was good, and others would disagree, so they will never please all of the people all of the time.

lainey

Juniors
Thanks KP. I'm sure Girds will be in the ad but just not filming with us. #-o

Don't worry PP, I won't f#%& it up. I survived 2 days on Catch Phrase without f#%&ing up, except for being beaten on night 2. again #-o

MP, see my reply to PP. :D

Cool PK. I'll check with Philby as well for the trip in on Sunday, we could catch the same train as him. Also, I used to be able to bend over backwards but I was a LOT younger and more flexible then. :lol:

*Sandy*

First Grade
Roo. You will always be Roo to me. Just like i will most likely always be PK to you. :D

mightypanther

Juniors
sorry Rhino,

You lost me a bit there, which of my posts were you referring to?

I need to know so that I can give a suitable smart arse reply ;-) :lol: