What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World 7's?

knights57au

Juniors
i know this might have been asked or answer already but will there be a world 7's comp??

And Mario whats the latest on the release date?

TripleM

Juniors
Nah, no world 7s this game. Possible for a later version.
News on the date was put up at the Trublu site a couple of days ago. If everything goes to plan, they're estimating 15th of november for all platforms.

knights57au

Juniors
thanks mate, ur a champion!

I was kinda scared ppl were gunna go off @ me for asking sumthing that mighta already bin asked

Goleel

Juniors
Nah, those people have been dealt with :)

World Sevens would be very interesting if it was in the game, how would you defend? I'd love to see it put into a game, but with more than just 'taking six players off the field', in that you can choose a defensive and attacking style, like choosing to play with a fullback, play bunched or spread attack, etc... actually they'd be good options to have in the 13 a side main game too, being able to choose a defensive style like umbrella, sliding or rush, and attacking, flat, deep, support, etc.... but that can be something for the future.

knights57au

Juniors
everyone seems to have a problem with rugby 2002 . but it was really good for its time. i own it and it not that bad. the defense works so it not always just the human controlled player. the most annoying part is when u make a break there is no real support. with the little support there is they jog with the oppositionso if u pass it u get tackled. i end up doing a lil chip 'n' chase

knights57au

Juniors
world sevens defense WOULD be interesting, u'd probably find yourself having a scrambling defense. the game moves so quick its to hard to have a real structured defense

Goleel

Juniors
Yeah, it'd be nearly impossible, they couldn't chase down a single break with their speed, they had some decent skills, they were just too slow. Great team to watch though.

Fiji would be interesting, recreating that great win over Newcastle, that was a ripper. Maybe it should have a Robbie O button too, to somersault dive over the line and drop the ball.

Erhan

Juniors
It wouldve been awesome to have different defensive strategies, much like in Fifa 98 and above. Slide, up & in would be one set of defensive sets. Another would be to have an agression lever that determines how quick you rush up in defense (ala Roosters style). This style would tire out the players quicker and leave them suseptable to occassional automatic offsides and also a miss tackle which would open up a huge gap. The slide defense would be used if the players in the team had good lateral defense whilst the up-and-in would be good for players with good front-on defense. Something to consider I guess...

Goleel

Juniors
It isn't needed, for sure, but it'd be a nice addition, and you would presume it wouldn't be too difficult to include, just (theoretically) take six players a side off the field. It would definitely need some programming time and that, but its something that would be a nice change.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Goleel said:
Yeah, it'd be nearly impossible, they couldn't chase down a single break with their speed, they had some decent skills, they were just too slow. Great team to watch though.

Fiji would be interesting, recreating that great win over Newcastle, that was a ripper. Maybe it should have a Robbie O button too, to somersault dive over the line and drop the ball.

Ohhh please dont remind me....... :x
I was there when it happened and I was up cheerin coz I thought we had won but then al my mates were laughin their asses off and then I saw the reply and basically cried for the rest of the day

***MH***

Bench
Goleel said:
It isn't needed, for sure, but it'd be a nice addition, and you would presume it wouldn't be too difficult to include, just (theoretically) take six players a side off the field. It would definitely need some programming time and that, but its something that would be a nice change.
it'd be a great unlockable feature to implement.

Latest posts