What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Baseball Classic

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
It kicks off in about an hour with Korea vs Chinese Taipei.

Is anyone else interested?

Kakihara

Juniors
Judging by the huge crowd i dont think most of asia give a **** although japan will probarly get a big crowd.

From what i've heard a lot of top players declined to play (like all overpaid american sportsman do).

PB

Bench
shai hulud said:
From what i've heard a lot of top players declined to play (like all overpaid american sportsman do).

Thats not completly true.

the americans have Damon, Jeter, Rodriegez, Ken Griffey Jnr, Tiexeria and Wells, not to mention Roger Clemmens & Mike Timlin pitching.

The South Amreican teams have all their guns like Ortiz, Pujols, Tejada etc..

The two negatives of the tournament are 1. Its dud timing right at the start of spring training & 2. Countries like Italy have Mike Piazza playing for them even though he has never been to Italy!

Anyway the Aussies have been absolutly smashed, they are down about 9-0 in the 6th..

PB

Bench
The Mercy Rule!!!!

Beaten 10-0 in 6.2 inning by Italy, how embaressing...

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Canada 8 USA 6

Purdy f**king interesting.

I thought "Orstralia" could take the Italians.

Aussie uniforms suck.

Enough said.

IanRitchie said:
Canada 8 USA 6

Purdy f**king interesting.

I thought "Orstralia" could take the Italians.

Aussie uniforms suck.

Enough said.

i understand all the so called italian players were US born with italian name's major league players compared to the minor league players australia had. Where's the Soviet Russian team - Hopefully the comrades from Cuba will be the champion commander- this will guarantee them dinner with comrade Generalisimo Castro too

Canada 8 USA 6. A great win for our boys, many of whom were minor league pros, while the US had a lot of big name stars. Unfortunately the stupid format has prevented Canada from moving on in the tournament despite being 2-1.

I believe some of the Italian team were native Italians. I read where US star Mike Piazza had bonded with some of the real Italians on the team.

I have no idea who the South African players were though.

Bumble

First Grade
How come the mercy rule wasn't exercised when USA beat South Africa 17-0? Or when Japan beat China 18-2?

It ended up as a pretty interesting tournament, with the Yanks losing, and Japan beating Cuba in the final. 2 teams with only 2 MLB players (on Japan) between them. US magazine Sports Illustrated said it makes the US re-think its style of play and training. There's a lot of buzz here that the event should be continued, but maybe at a better time of year, like in November after the World Series.

Latest posts