What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

world championship rugby...

Rustay

Juniors
From what i've seen of the game, it looks very good. I try not to get my hopes up on games anymore though :mrgreen:

doovepop

Juniors
you used your brain yay yay yay

first off graphics are crap so far they are to cartoony
5 stadiums haha
and players bouncing off each other doesn't look real.

and alot more stupid things.

you are a zxz

ak47

Juniors
doovepop said:
you used your brain yay yay yay

5 stadiums haha

has more going FOR it than AGAINST it

5 stadiums - the same as JLR, the benchmark of all rugby sims (whther league or union)
graphics looking cartoony - well they are better than JLR and if it plays the same it will be better than JLR, hence the new benchmark will then be WCR.

if u didnt like JLR i am wasting my time
if u liked JLR and u cant see the potential this game has being made by the same group of people as JLR, ur lost

by the way for all those sceptic - more facts

Sidhe hired a guy on contract to help make NRL, and Mario was one to quickly point out, that this guy was part of the team that made JLR.

Why was Mario so quick to point out this guy made JLR?
Cause he also knows its the benchmark, and used this info, to promote the potential of NRL, simply coz of the programmer he hired was part of team JLR.

Well the diff between that and this game - the whole team of JLR made WCR, not one employee that sidhe could get their hands on.

Crippler

Juniors
Ak47 is right.

I am the biggest league fan i could possibly be and despise and find union very boring in reallife.

But Jonah lomu rugby video game is very good and superior gameplay to NRL.
NRL has nice graphics and stadiums and all but thats about it unfortunately.

WCR gameplay will be outstanding as the makers have claimed since they are making it as close to lomu as possible of which was perfect.
Superior kicking system, passing and offloading (abit easy but nice and smooth) systems.

I am eager to play WCR and play it league style :). Even contested scrums and lineouts are an addition to the game which are much better in video game form that reallife.

umosay

Juniors
doovepoop

5 stadiums haha

first off, you can tell who every player is unlike some other games, they did a seperate head for every player in the game, not just face.

rugby 2004 = 67 stadiums, NO GAMEPLAY
WCR /Jlr = 5 stadiums... what game was better? anyway who looks at the stadium while your playing anyway...

i prefer players bouncing off each other than running straight through each other, and the posts

lionmaul

Juniors
Everyone keeps saying that it is going to be JLR but only better. And I hope this is a true statement, but I can't ignore the fact that they also took out or were not able to implement a jumping system, something that JlR had and was an important part of the game play .. I am hoping this is one of the only things left out. Although I enjoy playing Rugby League and will most likely enjoy playing WCR, I don't unerstand how they can not add a good jumping system, a good jumping system is what makes the games chips, bombs, up and unders, and banana kicks a realistic and potential strategy. Once again this is my only complaint at this time about both Rugby league and WCR. In the mean time I will continue to enjoy playing Rugby League and Later WCR.
Cheers and Salu

ak47

Juniors
i prefer players bouncing off each other than running straight through each other, and the posts[/quote]

yeah doovepop, get that into ya

do u like the david copperfield effect in NRL.

where everyone seems to be able to walk thru everything and everyone

surprised to see the ball has collision, but the players dont

maybe each player was modelled to david copperfield

crippler - i too prefer league to union............go to 20 nrl matches as opposed to NIL super 12 matches and/or tri nations

however, since JLR, i have always known only the same people could bring me the same joy as JLR did...........and rucking brings an extra dimension in gaming as opposed to playing the ball, except Rugby2k4, which was league with 15 players anyway, no rucks.

doovepop

Juniors
my favourite sports was jlr it is the best game ever but this game seem abit crappy but hey we will see won't we
the best part of jlr was gameplay was the best.

doovepop

Juniors
my favourite sports was jlr it is the best game ever but this game seem abit crappy but hey we will see won't we
the best part of jlr was gameplay was the best.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Are you lot talking about the Jonah Lomu Rugby on the Playstation 1?

If so, you are letting nostalgic forgetfulness drift over your eyes. The game was alright for its time but wasn't a particularly great game. It's reviews weren't too hot either getting mostly 7's. Plus it doesn't stand the test of time at all, I played it last night on a 10 on one Playstation disc and its pretty bad, certainly not good enough to cause a distraction.

I certainly wouldn't be making WCR a success simply because the same people are making it.

ak47

Juniors
Fairleigh Good! said:

If so, you are letting nostalgic forgetfulness drift over your eyes. The game was alright for its time but wasn't a particularly great game. It's reviews weren't too hot either getting mostly 7's. Plus it doesn't stand the test of time at all, I played it last night on a 10 on one Playstation disc and its pretty bad, certainly not good enough to cause a distraction.

I certainly wouldn't be making WCR a success simply because the same people are making it.

u have the right to your opinion Faireigh

whos cares what reviews JLR got
its already been established JLR is the benchmark
even from league fans such as myself and many others

mikeyboy

Juniors
Fairleigh Good! said:

I have to disagree, the gameplay is unrivalled and when a game relies purely on gameplay it does stand the test of time and you'll find many on here still playing I think. Multiplayer class.

[furrycat]

Coach
You CANNOT say because a producer has made a "good" game in the past, that the next will be the same. EA Sports made great games a few years ago at the moment they suck. If I were to say that Rugby League was going to be like Sidhe's other projects, do you think I would have bought it? I think not... Don't judge a book by its cover.

ak47

Juniors
[furrycat] said:
You CANNOT say because a producer has made a "good" game in the past, that the next will be the same. EA Sports made great games a few years ago at the moment they suck. If I were to say that Rugby League was going to be like Sidhe's other projects, do you think I would have bought it? I think not... Don't judge a book by its cover

Furrycat you stupid pussy

a. Sidhes other projects arent rugby league, so no dont compare
b. Swordfishes other projects are Rugby union (JLR), so u can compare
c. have already stated that Sidhe went out of their way to get "McCabe", from JLR to make NRL..........why coz JLR is the benchmark
d. If NRL is good in your eyes then "McCabes" input was productive, then yes I can confidently say this new game will be better than JLR, cause "McCabes" still has what it take if NRL is good.
e. EA sports lost the plot gameplay wise coz of the mass of options flooded into their games, Swordfish have already stated WCR has the same options as JLR, nothing drastic like 70 stadiums, to ensure gameplay doesnt suffer.
f. I judge books by their authors and in this case JLR authors are WCR's aswell...I can safely say, I dont revert to the cover, I listen to the author

-JJ-

Juniors
Some of you leaguies should go to http://www.therugbyforum.com. Remember locksley? He's back and he's played WCR, seems very positive about it. And he prefers league over union. I'm not saying I don't like Rugby League (not at all, I enjoy it), but don't be quick to knock WCR down. What would be good is if Sidhe knock HB out of the way, and we union people have a good couple of rugby game makers competiting.

ak47

Juniors
i know and it sux

why is the TRF always down these days???

I havent spoken to Trevor at Swordfish or heard anything else for 2 weeks now, and locksley now has some insight, and no-where to read or catch-up on info.

where else can we go for the updates.
JJ & Umosay - are your sights not updated coz lack of info coz no TRF?
Locksley - any WCR sites like ur Rugby2K4 and NRL sites?

-JJ-

Juniors
Yeah, thats exactly why. Its very difficult to get info apart from Trevor and Ian. Still no reviews...

Also my site is probably down, as TRF is down.

The Observer

Staff member
A member of this board, eastsrule, is the moderator. Someone could PM him to find out what happened.

Latest posts