What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup 2022 discussion

I’ve gained some respect for Mal only bloke who calls it like it is and doesn’t suck up to Cleary

he knows the media are gonna be all over him and pushing for him to get sacked since he didn’t select the golden boy at halfback
Do you really enjoy looking silly? You must. Even Cooper Cronk believes that Cleary is a better player than DCE

BxTom

Bench
I’ve gained some respect for Mal only bloke who calls it like it is and doesn’t suck up to Cleary

he knows the media are gonna be all over him and pushing for him to get sacked since he didn’t select the golden boy at halfback
They say birds of a feather flock together and we know you're a wanker. No wonder you like Mal.

Black Panther

Juniors
Such a QLD thing to do, picking DCE as well as Cleary. Do we expect a full strength team to include DCE on the bench as well as Hunt/ Grant??

Black Diamond

Juniors

How did that go for you? Wrong again.

Once again we win, you lose.

ACTPanthers

Bench

Poor effort - 2/10 at best (and that's me being generous)

Munky

Coach
Cleary not having a great game.

Poor in play kicking and goal kicking very off.

The bug during the week could be impacting his power.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Cleary with his boot was just off altogether. Being crook probably stopped him putting in his extras all week and probably drained his energy a bit. He didn't put up a single towering bomb. His goal kicking didn't have any strength behind his kicks. Flat out making the distance which is unheard of from him. Between kicks not making the distance and not a single towering bomb... I'd say he just didnt have his full strength to kick like normal.

But aside from his kicks he looked ok. Tackled well. Ran well. Passed well. Good decisions making. He seemed to be starting to form a combination with Grant. But when the opposition are so weak you can't really tell how well those things truly are. At 50% an NRL player will look good against opposition like that.

Martin was a beast and Yeo probably had the most touches of anyone aside from Grant. Involved in everything. Yeo is going to be impossible to move out of rep teams for years to come with how important his touches have become. NSW and Australia now value having a bloke who can pump out 150 metres through the middle aswell as open up the attack by creating space for his halves and hitting forwards with short balls to steal metres.

Martin has been terrific this world cup too. The opposition aren't really good to judge his form against. But comparing his output to his teammates he looks to tackle harder, his runs and effort have the same venom as them and Mal must have seen something to have him starting ahead of Murray which not even us biased Panthers fans would have done to be honest. I wasn't even sure he would be in the team with Nanai also fighting for a spot.

Munky

Coach
The finals series has put to bed any debate about resting players.

The boys were just Terminators for eighty minutes all series and it has really benefited Martin especially.